You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

23 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They don't want Bernie, that's true. They didn't want him in 2016, they don't want him now, they won't want him in the future. 

Agreed. That's why it was rigged in 2016, is being rigged now, and will be rigged in the future if they carry on getting their way.

Luckily for them they don't have Wikileaks releasing so many of the details of their rigging this time, so people can be even more in denial than they were in 2016.

Dem Party liberals are in many ways just as fucking stupid as a lot of Trump supporters if they think Biden is going to lead them to the promised land. Even if he won the election he'd be happy to sell them out as soon as he's in office. And if he loses the election after winning this primary he'll soon settle down, comforted with the fact that at least Donald is still at the helm and not Bernie.

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It's funny how you are convinced Bernie would beat Trump whilst it does not look he can even beat mentally incapacitated evil cunt establishment opportunist status quo Joe.

If Biden and Sanders had balanced media coverage, the DNC were being fair and candidates that have dropped out split more or less evenly behind either candidate, Sanders would likely destroy him.

It's a rigged contest.

It's funny how you are convinced that it isn't. I suppose not liking Sanders helps with that though.

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

If Biden and Sanders had balanced media coverage, the DNC were being fair and candidates that have dropped out split more or less evenly behind either candidate, Sanders would likely destroy him.

It's a rigged contest.

It's funny how you are convinced that it isn't. I suppose not liking Sanders helps with that though.

Of course it's rigged. The only acceptable proof it wasn't would be if Sanders won, just like in 2016. It's impossible to imagine the scenario in which the membership of the party that elected Hillary, Obama, John Kerry, Al Gore, Bill Clinton as presidential nominees wouldn't overwhelmingly vote for Bernie Sanders.

I genuinely dont think either will beat Trump , Biden because he gives Trump too many lines of attack and he is a bit boring and a bit addled , and Sanders because of the

' commie ' attacks and he would only get lukewarm support from the Democrat hierarchy.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

So clever of Joe to rig crushing defeats in the first few primaries to make it seem like it wasn't being rigged.

Yeah he was doing well at the start, despite the Iowa result being a mess and a lot of complaints about how that turned out.

Then every other candidate at one debate agreed that even if Bernie had the most delegates they'd be in favour of a brokered convention, media ramps up propaganda, candidates start increasingly saying negative things about him, then Klobuchar and Butthead drop out and endorse Biden just before Super Tuesday. Then some of the exit polls are significantly different to the actual results and just happen to be favouring Biden and harming Sanders at the same time. Just like parts of the Iowa result just happened to be favouring Butthead and harming Sanders too.

Now we have Harris and Booker backing Biden too in time for the next round of votes, I'm sure it's all for the good of the people though and not the Dem establishment, and that the timing is purely random.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Democratic hierarchy?

Sanders has been running ads for the last week centered on Barack Obama.

He has been in Congress for 30 years. His senate state mate is the longest serving senator - he has 

been there nearly 50 years.

Let's stop pretending Bernie is some outsider.

He’s an obvious “outsider”, that’s not even up for debate. 

——

the people who are obtuse about what constitutes a “rigged” system need to address the wider issue of where power resides within the US political structure (in this instance), and the clear, material and historic reasons for opposition to wide ranging, progressive economic/social reform. It’s the system preserving itself, a very basic concept. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah he was doing well at the start, despite the Iowa result being a mess and a lot of complaints about how that turned out.

Then every other candidate at one debate agreed that even if Bernie had the most delegates they'd be in favour of a brokered convention, media ramps up propaganda, candidates start increasingly saying negative things about him, then Klobuchar and Butthead drop out and endorse Biden just before Super Tuesday. Then some of the exit polls are significantly different to the actual results and just happen to be favouring Biden and harming Sanders at the same time. Just like parts of the Iowa result just happened to be favouring Butthead and harming Sanders too.

Now we have Harris and Booker backing Biden too in time for the next round of votes, I'm sure it's all for the good of the people though and not the Dem establishment, and that the timing is purely random.

Of course the timing isn't random, it's calculated to give Biden the biggest possible boost, what are you talking about? It's politics. What would be the point of endorsements?

If Bernie does much better than predicted and stages a big comeback, it would mean the voting is no longer rigged. Or just not rigged enough?

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

SaaaS hates lefties. He sent a cadre of ninjas to kill me but I sent them back in body bags. He hasn’t tried anything since, but I know he’s plotting...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

SaaaS hates lefties. He sent a cadre of ninjas to kill me but I sent them back in body bags. He hasn’t tried anything since, but I know he’s plotting...

I'll hit you with memes. It's how it's done now.

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Agreed. That's why it was rigged in 2016, is being rigged now, and will be rigged in the future if they carry on getting their way.

Luckily for them they don't have Wikileaks releasing so many of the details of their rigging this time, so people can be even more in denial than they were in 2016.

Dem Party liberals are in many ways just as fucking stupid as a lot of Trump supporters if they think Biden is going to lead them to the promised land. Even if he won the election he'd be happy to sell them out as soon as he's in office. And if he loses the election after winning this primary he'll soon settle down, comforted with the fact that at least Donald is still at the helm and not Bernie.

I don’t think any Biden supporters think he’ll lead them to “the Promised Land”, but then most people don’t want to go to the promised land. You have to pack up and move and it’s a lot of hassle.

They just want a bit better pay and conditions for themselves not to have a raving embarrassment as President.

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

If Bernie does much better than predicted and stages a big comeback, it would mean the voting is no longer rigged. Or just not rigged enough?

Not rigged enough.

I suppose the NYT, Washington Post, MSNBC, CNN all being aligned against him is just politics too. And if we found a load of emails like we did last time that showed how they were working behind the scenes to damage his campaign, that'd just be politics as well.

And US officials telling him that Russia are trying to aid his campaign which is revealed by the press a day before the Nevada caucus, and with zero evidence that the public can see, is just politics too. And Bloomberg being allowed into debates after the DNC change their rules to allow him in, partly so can rave on about Sanders policies being communism was just politics too.

You could make a fucking library of this stuff, there's no need to pretend it's normal.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Not rigged enough.

I suppose the NYT, Washington Post, MSNBC, CNN all being aligned against him is just politics too. And if we found a load of emails like we did last time that showed how they were working behind the scenes to damage his campaign, that'd just be politics as well.

And US officials telling him that Russia are trying to aid his campaign which is revealed by the press a day before the Nevada caucus, and with zero evidence that the public can see, is just politics too. And Bloomberg being allowed into debates after the DNC change their rules to allow him in, partly so can rave on about Sanders policies being communism was just politics too.

You could make a fucking library of this stuff, there's no need to pretend it's normal.

We all know they don't want him. What you are forgetting is that these people are not running for office, they are trying to become the DNC's presidential nominee. DNC mostly does not want him to be that nominee. There is nobody stopping Bernie Sanders to run for president in November. That is politics.

If he had the support among Democratic Party voters, they wouldn't be able to stop him, just as Republicans couldn't stop Trump, despite their best efforts. He won his biggest victory in Nevada and Bloomberg actually helped him to stay in with a chance after last Tuesday's turnaround in favour of Biden.

I don't believe all these media are aligned against him, I doubt that you follow them all that keenly, they may not be for him, but judging by my social media feed, there is more than enough media that do support Sanders.

It's really tiresome, when he's doing great, it's a sea change, the people have spoken, when he's losing, rigged, everything is stacked against him.

I don't think either will trouble Trump much at the election for different reasons. The corona virus is by far the biggest threat to Trump right now,. He can stomach the stock market downturn, but if that starts translating into job losses then he could be there for the taking. Don't see it happening in time myself. The democrats, much like the labour party, are a complete irrelevance these days. 

13 minutes ago, Gooch said:

I don't think either will trouble Trump much at the election for different reasons. The corona virus is by far the biggest threat to Trump right now,. He can stomach the stock market downturn, but if that starts translating into job losses then he could be there for the taking. Don't see it happening in time myself. The democrats, much like the labour party, are a complete irrelevance these days. 

I agree on the economy, if its fucked by November than there will be enough people who are now putting up with Trump who will turn their back on him to give Democrats a chance.  

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

when he's losing, rigged, everything is stacked against him.

That might be because it's actually rigged against him. It was actually proven in 2016 and it's happening again.

You deny it happened in 2016 even when it was actually leaked and a proven fact, and you deny it now. Nothing is good enough for you because you just don't like Sanders and don't give a fuck about his voters. All you have is the idea that people think it's fine when he's winning and when he's not it's rigged.

Nope, when he's winning it's a shock and a matter of wondering what shit they'll pull shortly after.