Quantcast
Tommy Smith - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bridgey

Tommy Smith

Gutted. My Uncle used to be his room mate on away trips. Always liked him, would see him in Crosby a lot. He was in a rush getting his benefits from the Post Office once when some old dear who had no clue about footy asked him if he was "that player" for Liverpool and started waffling on.

He was really nice to her and even packed her shopping bags when she dropped them all over the floor. He said to me "she's asked me this about 5 times the last couple of weeks but you just have to go along with it, lovely woman but she hasn't got the best memory"

• Upvote 12

Very Very sad news. Had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions and he signed a lovely picture for my dear old Dad and listened to his boring story's of his days watching the Reds from the Early 40's with good grace and charm. 

• Upvote 2

Dreaded clicking on this thread there. 

Gutted. Liverpool man through and through. Mans man. The Anfield Iron. Thanks Tommy, YNWA x 

7 minutes ago, Caramac said:

Tommy Smith wasn't born, he was quarried ~ Bill Shankly.

Yep, first thing I thought of. A testament to Tommy as a person and Bill as an inspiration.

RIP Nails. 

Close to tears here, what a player. Very few of today’s pampered primadonnas could of taken a fair tackle from him, let alone a foul. I will always remember that header in 77 as a 9 year old kid I was jumping up and down on the couch in my Nana’s. 

RIP Tommy. A true Liverpool Legend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4