You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

20 minutes ago, Original202 said:

Just been looking at the Premier League under 18 and Premier League 2 (U23s FKA reserves) and City have been dominating at these levels as well for the last 4 years too.

Their depth and investment hasn’t just been limited to the first team. In some ways there’s a lot to be said for them having a good youth system as everyone wants to produce their own talent but even their academy is tainted with sportwashed petrodollars.

Their academy is a huge source of funding for them. It's the sole reason they are able to claim their net spend is so low. Southampton bought £41m worth of kids from them this season alone.

17 minutes ago, Original202 said:

Just been looking at the Premier League under 18 and Premier League 2 (U23s FKA reserves) and City have been dominating at these levels as well for the last 4 years too.

Their depth and investment hasn’t just been limited to the first team. In some ways there’s a lot to be said for them having a good youth system as everyone wants to produce their own talent but even their academy is tainted with sportwashed petrodollars.

They're just copying the Chelsea model. Chelsea invested loads of money in youth development in order to generate an additional revenue stream as well as producing first team squad players. They consequentlt dominated youth football for a while. Chelsea, of course, broke loads of rules concerning recruitment of young players in order to secure top talent - and subsequently incurred the wrath of FIFA. It wouldn't at all surprise me if City have been copying ALL aspects of the Chelsea model.

51 minutes ago, Original202 said:

Dirty bastard.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, No2 said:

Guardiola is a genius, despite all the cheating his work is that of a genius. It must really eat at him that he gets no credit. The thing that will sting most is he didn't need to do it. If he had gone to Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, even Spurs, he could have achieved great things and been lauded globally. He wouldn't have the mid 90s point average or even 5 leagues in 6 years but he would have a chunk of work completed that firmly established him as the greatest manager of all time. Now he has a "but" attached to all his achievements, including his Barcelona ones. If he won the CL with Utd nobody would be saying he only won because of Messi, the achievement would be all his.

Well that's bollocks for a start , Bob Paisley was the greatest manager of all time , wether you're a red or not who the  fuck wins 3 European cups 1 uefa cup,  6 league titles not to mention league cups in 10 years? 

No fucking contest 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, chrisbrand said:

'Ted Lasso' ruined for me later. Just seen a clip and it's got Guardiola acting all nice in it.

Nothing is sacred anymore.

I watched it and it's still a brilliant episode. One of the best I'd say. Despite that bald weirdo being in it and acting in a way there's absolutely no way he would in real life.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Only by Liverpool fans.

Im hearing more and more non-Liverpool fans and commentators say Klopps achievement of beating City to a title surpasses Guardiola’s leagues. Arsenal being the ones to fall by the wayside this time has highlighted just what an extraordinary achievement Klopps league win was. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Well that's bollocks for a start , Bob Paisley was the greatest manager of all time , wether you're a red or not who the  fuck wins 3 European cups 1 uefa cup,  6 league titles not to mention league cups in 10 years? 

No fucking contest 

9 years

12 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Im hearing more and more non-Liverpool fans and commentators say Klopps achievement of beating City to a title surpasses Guardiola’s leagues. Arsenal being the ones to fall by the wayside this time has highlighted just what an extraordinary achievement Klopps league win was. 

But we only won it because of Covid.

6 hours ago, No2 said:

Guardiola is a genius, despite all the cheating his work is that of a genius. It must really eat at him that he gets no credit. The thing that will sting most is he didn't need to do it. If he had gone to Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, even Spurs, he could have achieved great things and been lauded globally. He wouldn't have the mid 90s point average or even 5 leagues in 6 years but he would have a chunk of work completed that firmly established him as the greatest manager of all time. Now he has a "but" attached to all his achievements, including his Barcelona ones. If he won the CL with Utd nobody would be saying he only won because of Messi, the achievement would be all his.

Hes a genius because he gets people to think he is while he's a cheat with unlimited resources. He's a fucking genius there ill give you that.

Its like when people used to say Ferguson was "the master of psychology" when he flat out libelled and insulted perceived or actual opponents. He wasn't a master of psychology, he was just a cunt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, coachpotato said:

This is a good point, and might explain why Guardiola has broken ranks and called for a quick solution.

What’s the point in dragging it out if there’s no time limit, you’re going to be done anyway, and likely be worse off if you’d obfuscated and withheld information and contested every minor point. Unless they’re hoping the PL will give up, or settle for much less to save cost.

That’s exactly what they hope. Tie the Prem up in legal knots for years then do some plea bargain where they accept some of the lesser charges and get a slap on the wrist, a fine and at most a suspended sentence. 

• Upvote 1

Absolutely fuck all will happen to them or the shite.

The league is all about 'the brand' and the hype blah, blah blah.

It is all nothing more than lip service to issue they have zero interest in really stopping or dealing with.

I just went back through their spending since 2010, as i was reading something on twitter and had forgotten some of their players.

I know this isnt exactly a new take, but having reminded myself of all the players they bough and the money spent, im absolutely gob smacked that we won a title and went so close on other occasions. 

100m net, season after season, after season, after season. Fucking relentless cheating fuckers.

Newcastle already started with the shirt sponsorship talk which is just another way of funnelling funds into the club on a deal that they would never achieve in the real world because any sponsorship figures Newcastle achieve really aren’t  worth that much. 
As for city, if the premier league don’t deal with them in the most severe way, I think it is safe to say that it is Manchester City that run this league as the premier league cannot govern it.

21 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Well I think it points to a split in the camp.  The owners are delaying it with nonsense like the Arsenal fan thing, while Guardiola is demanding it's dealt with now.  There's definitely internal issues arising.

I don't see it like that at all. I see it as a bloke who is unhappy his team aren't getting the credit he believes they should have, so behaves in a way that they have nothing to hide or fear. "We're not cheats,.give us credit. We want this whole thing dealt with, it's the premier League dragging this out, not us. ". It's just part of the PR machine at Abu Dhabi and just illustrates how he is complicit in their cheating. I don't believe he is off message at all. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't see it like that at all. I see it as a bloke who is unhappy his team aren't getting the credit he believes they should have, so behaves in a way that they have nothing to hide or fear. "We're not cheats,.give us credit. We want this whole thing dealt with, it's the premier League dragging this out, not us. ". It's just part of the PR machine at Abu Dhabi and just illustrates how he is complicit in their cheating. I don't believe he is off message at all. 

You genuinely think Guardiola has no knowledge of the widely reported effort by City's owners to delay the process by complaining that that the head of the investigation team is an Arsenal fan? 

These big name football people live in a closed off world, but they're not idiots.  He's complaining because he has made himself aware that there are efforts to delay this process by up to 4 years.  Do you think that having informed himself of this information that he then stopped reading as to who and how the delay was happening?

I agree with others that I think Guardiola may have convinced himself that there are fairly reasonable answers and any malfeasance will be very minor and so wants an answer one way or the other.  But the rumours he might step down this summer, and then his demand to stop the delays which are blighting his and his teams "good" names will have been voiced with the full knowledge that it is the City owners doing 100% of the delaying.  That is a split within the camp.  And when he spoke up in the press discussion you can be 100% certain this was pointed out to him if by some impossible miracle he didn't already know.

27 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That’s a point worth considering, but the Premier League will see through that if it’s them that he/Abu Dhabi are trying shift the blame to for delays etc., and ultimately, that’ll be taken into account when any punishment is handed down.

Or it should be.

Agree entirely that he’s pissed about the lack of credit and how it’s affecting him personally.

Just hope he overthinks his tactics for the next couple of big games they have!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

The back pages seem to largely be ignoring Pep's incident with the referee last night.  

Sod all online really either.

Surely the linesman should have elbowed Guardiola in the face seeing as he approached him from behind and put his hands on him....

• Upvote 3