You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

20 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I don't think City are mentally strong enough to win it, once they come up against a bit of adversity they'll go to bits, just wait til one of the European Big boys like Madrid, Barca or us get hold of them. 

I asked a city fan about his thoughts and he said he'd rather win the prem every time, he's still bitter about uefa punishing them for breaking the FFP rules, he's probably one of the fans that boos at the beginning of European matches. 

I don’t buy that bollocks. Manchester City as a club, the owners, etc. may be desperate to win the Champions League, but Man City fans have no real affinity with it. It’s still relatively new to them. They won the league in 1968, then fell at the first hurdle in the European Cup in 1968-69, then weren’t in it again for 40 odd years.

54 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I don’t buy that bollocks. Manchester City as a club, the owners, etc. may be desperate to win the Champions League, but Man City fans have no real affinity with it. It’s still relatively new to them. They won the league in 1968, then fell at the first hurdle in the European Cup in 1968-69, then weren’t in it again for 40 odd years.

They won't be classed as a great side until they win it. With the squad and the money they have they should be winning the league every single season. The champions league would make them firmly one of the top sides in Europe. People still don't talk about them in the same breath as Real Madrid, Barca, Us, Utd, Bayern.... If I was a City fan I'd certainly prefer the UCL. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They won't be classed as a great side until they win it. With the squad and the money they have they should be winning the league every single season. The champions league would make them firmly one of the top sides in Europe. People still don't talk about them in the same breath as Real Madrid, Barca, Us, Utd, Bayern.... If I was a City fan I'd certainly prefer the UCL. 

I agree, though I had to neg for “UCL”. Sounds turd.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:04 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

Sorry but it does. A midfielder with the ball should NEVER, under ANY circumstances be in possession of the ball with no defenders behind him. I even think a defender with the ball should also never be last man in possession of the ball but I'm no football coach. But a midfielder? That's footballing insanity and Steven was played as defensive midfielder when really he was anything but that. Not his fault, not his fault he slipped but defenders should have been able to cover that.

Can you imagine Klopp allowing Henderson to be the last man with the ball? His coaching simply would not allow that to happen, I am sure.

I just saw Matip play it square to Gini who was the last man, Virgil was still up the pitch after making a small run. 

About 20ish mins in if anyone can be arsed Checking. 

49 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I just saw Matip play it square to Gini who was the last man, Virgil was still up the pitch after making a small run. 

About 20ish mins in if anyone can be arsed Checking. 

Yes I saw that, I'm sure Gini gave a signal to one of the defenders though almost like a get back after he came forward with the ball. He was the last man and I don't think he wanted to be in those conditions.

21 minutes ago, Em City said:

You were tipping them for a title challenge earlier in the season, Stacksy.

It's a rollercoaster. People called them shite after the Community Shield. I thought with time they'd be quite good as Sarri only got there in mid July and that prediction looked quite good in November. Many people thought they'd be up there near the end at that point. They've fallen apart now though. Should've known their snaky squad would quit on him. 

11 hours ago, Skaro said:

And I fear City will swat/twat Arsenal and Chelsea.

Yeah, they'll hammer Arsenal on Sunday. It'll be about 6-2. Arsenal's defence is terrible. 

Chelsea - depends on which Chelsea turns up. Fingers crossed it's the same one that beat Man City the other month. 

• Like 1