You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

I still reckon we'll sign him.

I'm not sure what people expect from the journos who rely on being fed the odd titbit from the club. After the debacle of the VVD saga, with all the "He's chosen Liverpool" articles putting Southampton's nose out of joint, the party line will be nothing's near or it's unlikely until they've actually signed.

If they do it on the sly, like Fabinho, then we'll hear nothing. If they've got a release clause, like Shaqiri, then it doesn't matter as much, but if we're locked in negotiations then all we'll hear from the main sources is that it's unlikely. No point kicking the tyres of a used car only to later enthuse that it's the only one you've ever wanted.

Deffo will not be maybe happening this and I'm starting to get super excited with annoyed positive fret vibes on the whole clusterfuck scoop of ours.

I feel like the words of this sentence might need some reordering to make complete sense of it. I'd rather not try to reorder them though as I'd probably start a war.

Aulas has been touting the boy around Madrid and Manchester and he is not getting any movement on those fronts. His hopes of getting a bidding war going are stalling. He has made it clear he wants Fekir to stay but reports I have seen say the boy is desparate to come here and get the transfer revived.

Aulas is self-evidently a tedious windbag who’s drunk on his own hard-nosed negotiator image. He’s therefore predictably unpredictable and potentially apt to cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Not being able to get a deal over the line with him wouldn’t for once necessarily be about errors on our side, but anyone sensible trying to do business with him would give absolutely nothing away and especially no oxygen to his attempts to haggle via public pronouncements.

• Upvote 1

From a French random on Twitter who's been on the money over this fucked up transfer saga:

AL69OL @AO69OL 44m44 minutes ago

Info: #Liverpool would like to spread the financing of the transfer of Nabil @Fekir over several years what at the moment #JM_Aulas does not accept, it would be favorable to a payment on 2 seasons but not beyond. It's going to be tense, but it's closing. #LFC #OL

AL69OL @AO69OL 16h16 hours ago

J-P #Bernes is regular contact with the board of #Liverpool. One of the leaders of #LFC this would also be moved to Russia to talk again with Nabil @Fekir so that he can convince #JM_Aulas him to let go of it quite easily. I Klopp the contact regularly.

Not sure why so many seem desperate for him. That sort of money buys many a good player and if his knee goes wrong there’ll be plenty saying we should have heeded the medical advice.

Because we are fickle football fans that have been sold on his merits and youtube clips and thought he was already going to be our players. Fuck pragmatism, I want that skillful, well suited player to replace Coutinho and worry about Knee injuries if/when they happen. Plus would we definitely be moving on to plan B or someone of similar experience and calibre?

Aulas has been touting the boy around Madrid and Manchester and he is not getting any movement on those fronts. His hopes of getting a bidding war going are stalling. He has made it clear he wants Fekir to stay but reports I have seen say the boy is desparate to come here and get the transfer revived.

Nabil needs to go on strike to make the deal.

He is probably one of only about 30 people not on strike in France anyway.

• Upvote 1

Because we are fickle football fans that have been sold on his merits and youtube clips and thought he was already going to be our players. Fuck pragmatism, I want that skillful, well suited player to replace Coutinho and worry about Knee injuries if/when they happen. Plus would we definitely be moving on to plan B or someone of similar experience and calibre?

History suggests not tbf.