You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Years Day V Burnley away

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

May as well carry the unbeaten run on.

They drew away to Huddersfield today. That is four games without a win and indeed only scored 4 goals in their last 7 games, 2 against the Mancs. They don't score a lot but also don't let many in. We are on a roll away from home though and I fully expect us to get a couple at their place at the back end of the busy period.

Burnley 0 Liverpool 3. 

Mingolet

TAA Matip Klavan Robertson

Milner Gini Lallana

Salah Solanke Ox

That's my guess, he's said in the past that Milner could play every day so expect him to start, wouldn't be shocked if it was at left back and he throws a curve ball higher up the pitch, maybe Grugic or Woodburn.

Guest Pistonbroke

Mingolet

Milner Gini Lallana

Salah Solanke Ox

That's my guess, he's said in the past that Milner could play every day so expect him to start, wouldn't be shocked if it was at left back and he throws a curve ball higher up the pitch, maybe Grugic or Woodburn.

Grugic is injured. 

The team I expect to start.  With Salah going off limping today I don't think he'll be risked.  

------------------Mignolet----------------

TAA------Lovren----Klavan---Robertson

---------------Can------Gini-----------

------------------Oxlade-----------------------

Mane------------Firmino-----------Coutinho

Guest Pistonbroke

How come Spurs last played 26 December and do not play again until 2 January when we will have played 3 league games from 26 December to 1 January. Who does these fixtures.

West Ham game was put back to next Wednesday on security advice. So basically Spurs play Monday and Wednesday instead of Sat/Mon. 

Guest Pistonbroke

But that is still 2 games in a period we have played 3 or am I missing something.

No, we don't play again until our cup game after Monday, Spurs play on Wednesday as well. Just finishing off their set of festive games 2 days later than the rest. 

Will be a tough game as they are well organized. Any win will do.

Karius

AOC Can Wijnaldum

Mane Firmino Coutinho

I would expect Solanke and Lallana to feature as well, if not starting then from the bench.

If Salah is rested given his knock, I’d like to see Mane take up the mantle and prove the difference. He’s had plenty of rest lately and when he has played he has been OK but below his own imperious best. It would be nice to see him take hold of this one.

Guest Pistonbroke

Will be a tough game as they are well organized. Any win will do.

Karius

AOC Can Wijnaldum

Mane Firmino Coutinho

I would expect Solanke and Lallana to feature as well, if not starting then from the bench.

If Salah is rested given his knock, I’d like to see Mane take up the mantle and prove the difference. He’s had plenty of rest lately and when he has played he has been OK but below his own imperious best. It would be nice to see him take hold of this one.

I think Mane coming in from the right might get him his Mojo back. No point risking Salah if he is carrying a knock. How lucky are we to have the likes of Firminio and Coutinho and contemplating playing them from the start again? They put a shift in and are so much more important than some think, Salah too (from a fitness level, from an importance level he is number 1 by a mile) apart from his reported knock. 

I know Henderson is a bit meh at times, but we could do with him to rotate right now. Although Ox should deffo start in MF, not to sure about Wij like, but as far as freshness goes it is a decent shout as between him Can and Milner there isn't any difference as such. Be nice if Lallana can play a whole game. Him starting with Ox and one more would be a half decent midfield, especially being as Burnley will have to play the same players who will be getting fatigued.