You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

As Amazon Shares Fall, Jeff Bezos Is No Longer A Centi-Billionaire

Guest thanh03041993

14 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

There's a delivery lad who knows I work at home during the day, at least once a week he knocks and asks me to take a parcel for neighbours sometimes half the street away. I see him walk straight across the road to mine because he knows I'll be in instead of knocking anywhere else. It's cheeky as fuck and part of me wants to launch the parcel at his face but they are under loads of pressure and he's just trying to get his job done. Still takes the piss though when I've got to go and knock on peoples doors with their parcel because people are too lazy to come and get their own shit. 

He actually knocked a few weeks ago but I was on a work zoom so couldn't answer and the cheeky bastard peered through the window and looked right at me hahaha 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Bezos can go and motorboat a bag of dicks for all I care.

Tried to order an expensive amount of PC parts yesterday. Order went fine, verified with my own bank etc.

Then this morning I wake up to emails telling me my account is closed due to violating terms etc.

Called customer service, waste of time! Can't verify my identity with them because they have closed my account.

Via email they have offered no genuine reason for so called past discrepancies?

They can do one, I'm off to ebay to buy the parts. Fuck amazon.

4 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Bezos can go and motorboat a bag of dicks for all I care.

Tried to order an expensive amount of PC parts yesterday. Order went fine, verified with my own bank etc.

Then this morning I wake up to emails telling me my account is closed due to violating terms etc.

Called customer service, waste of time! Can't verify my identity with them because they have closed my account.

Via email they have offered no genuine reason for so called past discrepancies?

They can do one, I'm off to ebay to buy the parts. Fuck amazon.

What kind of automated vibrator were you aiming to make from these "PC parts"?

On 30/11/2017 at 09:22, Mook said:

If I had that much money, I'd be paying someone else to wear that daft microphone/coco pop thing he's wearing in that picture in the OP.

In all seriousness, there's no need for anyone to have that sort of money, the complete & utter disgustingness of capitalism laid bare in one news article right there.

On 30/11/2017 at 09:34, Rico1304 said:

Yes, state ownership would be better because Donald Trump would spend that money on all the ‘right’ things.

I'd forgotten that Rico was a dickhead even before he went full Glinner.

• Upvote 1

On 20/07/2021 at 19:15, Bruce Spanner said:

It called the hubris syndrome.

’Symptoms of the Hubris Syndrome

1. World view. The leader considers the world to be a place for self-glorification, and he uses power to achieve this.
  2. Messianic mission. The leader shows messianic zeal and personal praise in his or her speech, and may merge his or her identity with that of the nation or the organization he or she represents.
  3. Accountability. The leader feels he or she is only accountable to a higher court, such as the court of history, or the court of God. He or she also believes that this higher court will vindicate the leader.
  4. Manner of speech. The leader may speak in third person, or use “we” in conversation, just as the royals do.
  5. Contempt for others. Ordinarily one feels anger toward an equal. But the leader with hubris syndrome often feels contempt, which is reserved for people he or she believes is his or her inferior, especially when the person criticizes or tries to advise the leader. People with the hubris syndrome know that they are important and powerful, and they thrive in this and may even elevate it to grandiose proportions.
  6. Image is all. This leader tends to do things or actions mainly to enhance his or her personal image. In fact, concern for outward appearance and presentation is disproportionate in terms of priorities.
  7. Impetuosity. People with hubris syndrome can be very charming, persuasive, inspiring, and bold. But if they are also impetuous, i.e., they refuse to listen to or take advice, all of the above is useless. If this person has achieved a position of power and acquired the hubris syndrome, he will negate the good qualities he or she has and may behave recklessly and impulsively.
  8. Thin skin. This person cannot withstand public scrutiny, back stabbing, and attacks by opponents. He or she will need a form of self-exultation and may do this by adopting a grand feeling of mission and importance.
  9. Loses touch with reality. The leader is no longer in touch with the real world. He or she will permit moral rectitude to preclude practicality, regardless of cost or outcome. This often results in the leader’s progressive isolation
  10. Unaffected by bad outcomes. The leader is not affected by his or her failures and bad outcomes. Instead, he or she always sees his or her outcomes as successful.
  11. Exaggerated pride. The person feels overwhelmingly self-confident, bordering on self-omnipotence, and belief in what he or she can achieve. He may abuse his power to the point of damaging the lives of others. He may decide that this is an occupational hazard that comes with power and leadership.
  12. Extreme hubristic behavior. This occurs when a cluster of symptoms are triggered off by power. This is why hubris syndrome is considered an acquired condition. It only comes to light when the person comes to possess great power and overwhelming success for a period of years, with minimal to no constraints.
  13. Hubris Syndrome/personality change.The change may occur after a trauma, due to a psychiatric illness, as a result of chronic pain, or due to an unspecified type of incident.
  14. Incompetence. The result is incompetence. The person often does not pay attention to details and finds it hard to make rational decisions. Some may say he or she has “lost it” or become “mad”. The behavior change has actually occurred due to the hubris syndrome.
  15. Deflects illness. The leader will not want to admit illness, seeing it as a sign of weakness. For this reason, he or she cannot be treated or medicated, even if he or she may experience anxiety, neuroticism, and impulsivity.
  16. Drugs. The leader may take drugs, usually unsupervised by a doctor. For this reason, the drug becomes more dangerous because there is no prescription in terms of dosage, and it may be taken in combination with other substances.’

Fascinating.

While I was looking for this I found some stuff on his meetings with Merkle, she’s met him more than anybody and on record she says she really doesn’t understand him and thinks he’s mad.

tl;dr

On 20/07/2021 at 20:11, Bobby Hundreds said:

He's a massive twat when he's every opportunity not to be. 

On 05/02/2024 at 22:28, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'd forgotten that Rico was a dickhead even before he went full Glinner.

Christ. You are one stupid motherfucker. 

Nice to see I’m always on your mind though. 

Kiss kiss.