You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (a) 19/9/17 - Let's show some bottle in The Milk Cup.

an tha

If the idea is that everyone gets a rest then we could line up as follows:

Ward

Moreno

Gomez

Lovren

Flanno

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Grujic

Woodburn

Solanke

AOC

Not great but better than some of the teams we've put out in the cups recently. If Gomez really is supposed to be a backup centre back then he really needs to play there because Klavan and Lovren are both looking dreadful. I would have liked to have seen Woodburn in the midfield but we don't have enough quality wide forward players unfortunately.

But we have some shit wide players.  Speaking of which Markovich starts apparently, so you may get your wish.

I've been banging the Grujic drum all season and now I get my wish! I hope Solanke starts too.

I don't want to see a totally new side as I want to give these two in particular a real chance, not a totally new team devoid of rhythm and understanding as that will make it harder for them.

Let's just hope we get some solid citizens like Klaven and Lovren at the back. That'll do their confidence the world of good. Oh, and The captain of course, to really show some leadership and quality.

Same. Doubt we'll try to win either domestic cup competition, so really hard to give a fuck.

I still don't understand this modern day obsession with so called rotation and playing weakened teams in the cups.

When we won the treble in 84 - we did so with a 42 game league season, replays in the league cup, a two legged early round, two legged semi (one round we had a 2nd replay)...

To win the league cup that year we played 13 games in it.

The final went to a replay! - we put out our best side in every game.....those players were on the ale half the week, didn't have the diets etc the players today have or the better training etc and played on terrible energy sapping pitches.

Why can't todays super fit players do it?

That season we had 8 players play over 60 games....4 of them played 67 - most of our current players haven't played 67 games in the last 2 seasons!

• Upvote 1

We shouldn’t even be in this competition at this round, teams in Europe usually get a by until the next round.

Play the reserves, fringe players until we either win it or get knocked out. We saw the results of our squad tiring last season with a bunch of games over Xmas and January. With so many games to play this season I’d prefer the squad to be as fresh as possible and injury free.

Usually when you play the same team within such a short period of time the results are different, id take a win on Saturday and the three points and couldn’t give much of a crap about tonight’s game. No injuries, no extra time and no replay is fine.

• Upvote 1

I still don't understand this modern day obsession with so called rotation and playing weakened teams in the cups.

When we won the treble in 84 - we did so with a 42 game league season, replays in the league cup, a two legged early round, two legged semi (one round we had a 2nd replay)...

To win the league cup that year we played 13 games in it.

The final went to a replay! - we put out our best side in every game.....those players were on the ale half the week, didn't have the diets etc the players today have or the better training etc and played on terrible energy sapping pitches.

Why can't todays super fit players do it?

That season we had 8 players play over 60 games....4 of them played 67 - most of our current players haven't played 67 games in the last 2 seasons!

Really don't get it either. These days youve even got sides like Southampton, who have nothing else to play for, putting out weakened teams in the fa cup.