You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

True. going along at nearly 6 an over, that is pathetic in test match cricket on a pitch that is giving the bowlers something. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Feel sorry for Leach as he has bowled well. Shit happens, and he certainly isn't the first bowler to get a batsman out off a no ball, nor will he be the last. I think in the context of the match, and indeed the series it is a bummer like. Roy dropping a dolly off Paine was just as bad, plus Smiths luck has pissed me off today, the smug bastard. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I think it is fair to say that this has been a shit session for England, every bit as bad as BJ's in the House this week. Ah well, we are already in the phase of can we bat well enough to force a draw. Wicket is good enough, but are the players. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Brownie said:

Not sure today could have gone any worse.

The morning session was pretty decent mate, this afternoon has been utter shite at times. You can see in the players attitudes that they are deflated. Aussies controlling the game with ease at the moment. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I really fancied Jofra to give them nightmares here. I know nothing.

Same here, I thought he'd be a handful. He has been unlucky at times but bowled nowhere near to his best. The Pitch looks slow mind, let#s see how the Aussies get on with the ball. 

Guest Pistonbroke

We need to put more effort in here, otherwise the Aussies will fancy 500+ and going for bowling us out twice. At the moment we're just handing them easy runs as we look to be sulking in the field. I'm sure a few cucumber sandwiches and a cuppa tea will sort them out. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Sam Curran drops Paine now, fucking shite this. Paine is 1 short of a half century and he's looked like a walking wicket for most of his innings. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Got to be Root's last series as captain, this.

I wouldn't bet on that mate, unless he was to stand down himself. I'd say his ego will tell him otherwise though.