Quantcast
Nintendo Switch - Page 19 - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Scott_M

Nintendo Switch

Recommended Posts

Yeah trying the demo fro Dragon's Quest as well, seems enjoyable. Going to finish the demo first but might grab it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All three games are pretty great, to be fair. All recommended ways to spend 100 hours while the world falls apart around you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing car mechanic simulator because it was free. It's shite but I'm addicted. My missus wanted a cuppa and I was like FFS I've got 3 jobs on here got to fix these brake pads and then change an oil filter and an ABS module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, some good news...

 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-30-sources-nintendo-switch-2020-line-up-dominated-by-mario-games-old-and-new

 

If you can’t be arsed to click it, it basically says to celebrate 35 years of Mario, they are remastering & re-releasing Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, the Mario Galaxies and Mario World 3D, there is a new Paper Mario coming and even though not in the article, a new Mario Kart is rumoured to be the big Christmas game. 
 

Have to admit, I’m pretty excited about some of these remasters. I won’t have played Mario 64 since 1997 or something and it was an unbelievable game, I’ll have forgotten most of the best bit.
 

I had Mario Sunshine on the GameCube but it wasn’t the best game, it was merely a 9/10 game rather than a >=9.5/10 game.

 

The Mario Galaxy games on the Wii were brilliant. I’m not sure how much more powerful the Switch is than the Wii so I’ll be interested to see how much better it looks. Also, it’ll be a bit of a different dynamic without the wand. 
 

Ive never played Mario World 3D on the Wii-U so I’ll be interested in that. Depending on when they all come out, I’ll be getting that one first.

 

In summary...

 

F5E0AEB4-A6F4-4437-BDC2-5F23DD9711EC.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Excellent news. I'm assuming Galaxy may only work in docked mode though, to use motion controls?

 

Sunshine would be great to play again. 

I think there is some motion control on Mario Odyssey so I would assume they will change the game to limit the amount that is exclusive to motion control?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if there will be any remastered version of Ocarina of Time?

 

I could never get into Majorca’s Mask or Wind Waker.

 

A remastered Goldeneye or Perfect Dark would be prettay, prettay, prettay good. Although as Microsoft own Rare these days (or at least they did), probably unlikely.

 

Sure I read that while 4 is being delayed, they are remastering the Cube remasters of the Metroid Prime games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Wonder if there will be any remastered version of Ocarina of Time?

 

I could never get into Majorca’s Mask or Wind Waker.

 

A remastered Goldeneye or Perfect Dark would be prettay, prettay, prettay good. Although as Microsoft own Rare these days (or at least they did), probably unlikely.

 

Sure I read that while 4 is being delayed, they are remastering the Cube remasters of the Metroid Prime games.

Wasn't Ocarina of Time released on the 3DS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Wasn't Ocarina of Time released on the 3DS?


Might have been. Dunno. A full remaster for the Switch would be unreal.

 

If they are doing the Galaxy games, they might do Twilight Princess as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/03/2020 at 18:40, Scott_M said:

Finally, some good news...

 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-30-sources-nintendo-switch-2020-line-up-dominated-by-mario-games-old-and-new

 

If you can’t be arsed to click it, it basically says to celebrate 35 years of Mario, they are remastering & re-releasing Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, the Mario Galaxies and Mario World 3D, there is a new Paper Mario coming and even though not in the article, a new Mario Kart is rumoured to be the big Christmas game. 
 

Have to admit, I’m pretty excited about some of these remasters. I won’t have played Mario 64 since 1997 or something and it was an unbelievable game, I’ll have forgotten most of the best bit.
 

I had Mario Sunshine on the GameCube but it wasn’t the best game, it was merely a 9/10 game rather than a >=9.5/10 game.

 

The Mario Galaxy games on the Wii were brilliant. I’m not sure how much more powerful the Switch is than the Wii so I’ll be interested to see how much better it looks. Also, it’ll be a bit of a different dynamic without the wand. 
 

Ive never played Mario World 3D on the Wii-U so I’ll be interested in that. Depending on when they all come out, I’ll be getting that one first.

 

In summary...

 

F5E0AEB4-A6F4-4437-BDC2-5F23DD9711EC.jpeg

Yeah, agree with all of that. I've never played Mario 64 so would love that. I've also never played Mario Galaxy 2 even though I own it. Never did finish Mario Galaxy 1 and now it's vanished. 

 

Still haven't finished Mario Odyssey though :/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

There's a good sale on. Haven't pulled the trigger I keep wondering if I can be bothered starting a new game. 

Looks like there's going to be a load more added to the spring sale on the 9th, so you might want to hold on to your pennies til then. 

 

I've been playing the Mario Vs Rabbids game with my lad, great fun, I'd recommend it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2020 at 14:58, Shooter in the Motor said:

In the current Switch sale, just picked up Conduct Together 80/100 on metacritic (£17.99 down to 89p) and Serial Cleaner 75/100 on metacritic (£14.99 down to £1.49). Started Conduct Together and it's a great little train puzzle game. £33 worth of games for £2.38!

Got Conduct Together yesterday and had a great night with the daughter. Who would have thought a highly educated wonderful father would be unable to press three buttons in the right order repeatedly. I know where the X button is, and only use my left hand to press it, so why do I repeatedly press either A or B with my right hand ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Got Conduct Together yesterday and had a great night with the daughter. Who would have thought a highly educated wonderful father would be unable to press three buttons in the right order repeatedly. I know where the X button is, and only use my left hand to press it, so why do I repeatedly press either A or B with my right hand ?

It's really tricky, many times I go to stop a train in a certain place then press the wrong button. Then panic sets in and trains are either stopping and starting everywhere or the dreaded train explosions! It's great fun and multiplayer must be a train hoot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×