You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Think so. Pretty sure I had it on the Wii. It was decent enough but not something I’m desperate to play again. 

It's not something I'm drawn to, not sure I've ever played one but it's going to be hard to justify an impulse purchase now that Nintendo have stopped the sale of first party downloads outside of the estore. Maybe better to buy physical anyway for resale value. 

If you are looking for switch titles, I recommend looking for videos on YouTube by switchcorner and switch up. I have definitely found some hidden gems from the estore on there. 

They've released fuck all this year for the Switch aside from Animal Crossing and Paper Mario, both of which I'm not particularly into.

Rumors that there'll be a Nintendo Direct next week. For a while there's been a ton of talk about the 35th Anniversary of Mario, and this is what they're said to be releasing this year:

• Super Mario 3D World Deluxe
  • Mario 64 Remastered/Remaked
  • Mario Sunshine Remastered/Remaked
  • Mario Galaxy Remastered/Remaked
  • Mario Galaxy 2 Remastered/Remaked (this one, for some reason, is said to be not likely)

In addition to that I think they'll be releasing another trailer for BOTW 2, a Pikmin Port and maybe providing more information of Metroid Prime.

Either way they need to fucking do something. Sony and XBox are releasing full on next-gen consoles this winter and Nintendo need to announce something that brings in holiday sales...as of right now there is literally no releases planned for the rest of the year.

2 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

They've released fuck all this year for the Switch aside from Animal Crossing and Paper Mario, both of which I'm not particularly into.

Rumors that there'll be a Nintendo Direct next week. For a while there's been a ton of talk about the 35th Anniversary of Mario, and this is what they're said to be releasing this year:

• Super Mario 3D World Deluxe
  • Mario 64 Remastered/Remaked
  • Mario Sunshine Remastered/Remaked
  • Mario Galaxy Remastered/Remaked
  • Mario Galaxy 2 Remastered/Remaked (this one, for some reason, is said to be not likely)

In addition to that I think they'll be releasing another trailer for BOTW 2, a Pikmin Port and maybe providing more information of Metroid Prime.

Either way they need to fucking do something. Sony and XBox are releasing full on next-gen consoles this winter and Nintendo need to announce something that brings in holiday sales...as of right now there is literally no releases planned for the rest of the year.

Rumours of a new F-Zero release on Switch based on an apparent email address being discovered(!) so if that floats your boat...and also switch is the best selling console for the 19th month running. 

25 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Rumours of a new F-Zero release on Switch based on an apparent email address being discovered(!) so if that floats your boat...and also switch is the best selling console for the 19th month running. 

Saw that...the original was a hell of a game.Yeah the pandemic really helped Nintendo capture some of the ''casual gamers with fuck all else to do'' market but their lack of grandstand titles is alarming. Mario Kart, Zelda BOTW, Smash Brothers are all essentially games that came out for the Wii U.

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bought my girls that Animal Crossing game yesterday. They haven’t put it down since but it looks shite. Are adults actually playing this game? What the fuck?

I was addicted to it on 3DS but although I have it on switch I have not loaded it. It is like crack cocaine, you know you shouldn't use it but the moment you get into it you are fucked. 

The fishing in the game is crazily addictive. 

Holy fucking shit, they just did a Nintendo Direct mini and announced a remaster of one of my all time favourite rpg's, SMT Nocturne. Also that SMT V is out next year too (SMT fans have been waiting several years for some more news on that game.) I think next year it's time for a Switch!

22 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Holy fucking shit, they just did a Nintendo Direct mini and announced a remaster of one of my all time favourite rpg's, SMT Nocturne. Also that SMT V is out next year too (SMT fans have been waiting several years for some more news on that game.) I think next year it's time for a Switch!

It looks like they are coming as remastered on ps4 so presumably ps5 too.

13 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

It looks like they are coming as remastered on ps4 so presumably ps5 too.

I didn't even think of that so thanks for mentioning. It'll be good to have the Nocturne remaster on the PS4 but SMT V is exclusive to Switch so I'll still have to try and get one.

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I didn't even think of that so thanks for mentioning. It'll be good to have the Nocturne remaster on the PS4 but SMT V is exclusive to Switch so I'll still have to try and get one.

Switch is ace, so much good content and portable too.

1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Switch is ace, so much good content and portable too.

Yeah I can remember seeing some games a while back for it, after having a quick look Astral Chain would be the first I'd get apart from SMT V. The recent Ultimate Alliance game looked good too so I'd probably get that as well, and maybe Bayonetta 1 and 2. SMT V is something that could clock up 200+ hours though if it's good enough so that'd be the main use for it for a good while I think!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Picked up Mario Allstars 3D. 

Going to play them through in order. 

Initially, I was disappointed with Mario 64. They’ve done nothing to it, it’s just a straight port. Which is fine, but it really highlights how the cameras behave far better now than in 1996. I’m more used to now and despite that flaw, it’s still brilliant. 

Race through these in time for Zelda in November at the latest. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

KidD has been hinting for one of these. She's just 6 and really active. I'm not sure if I want her to have a console yet, although lots of her friends do and I don't want her to be the kid without. 

Anyone else's kids have one?

Bought one for mine a couple of Christmases ago. They’re 12 & 7 now and they only tend to play it in bursts. They go weeks without playing on it at all these days and then it’ll be popular again for a little while. Plenty of the games are great for active kids and a long way from sitting on their arses. 1-2-Switch, Mario Party, Mario Tennis Aces, Mario & Sonic Olympics and Just Dance have all been played loads here. They’ve also got other games like Animal Crossing, Crash Bandicoot, Mario Kart and Super Mario U which are a lot of fun but more suited to ‘sit and play’ and good for long car journeys and the likes. There’s a Trivial Pursuit gameshow style thing on the Nintendo Store which is wholesome family fun and I’ve put Worms on there for my own nostalgic reasons. If you’re short of ideas for what to get your girl for Xmas I’d say go for it. 

Got a Lite for my daughter for Xmas, she’ll be 5 and a half. 

Got her Animal Crossing & Paw Patrol (thanks John!), Aladdin & Lion King. I have Mario Kart, Part, Olympics & the SNES games she can play.

Could anybody recommend any of the cheaper downloadable games for her please? 

On 19/09/2020 at 14:52, Scott_M said:

Picked up Mario Allstars 3D. 

Going to play them through in order. 

Initially, I was disappointed with Mario 64. They’ve done nothing to it, it’s just a straight port. Which is fine, but it really highlights how the cameras behave far better now than in 1996. I’m more used to now and despite that flaw, it’s still brilliant. 

Race through these in time for Zelda in November at the latest. 

Finished ‘64. It’s obviously quite dated but still a great game. If it’d been tarted up, it’d have been hailed as all time classic again.

Sunshine is good but not great. It’s ridiculously difficult to the point where it’s not fun. It still looks very good but certainly could have been refined. I don’t think I can be bothered finishing it.

Galaxy is brilliant. Easily the best of the bunch. Still could have done with a bit of a camera upgrade but it’s the most original and fun game of the package. A virtually flawless game. A good 3/4’s of the way through.