You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A), 8pm, 16/09/16, Friday Night Lights

Trumo

We're a good side and we've played well so far this season.  I've said this before on here.

I think we'll be in the mix of top 4.  I think City have settled too quickly to their new style for my liking, so I think they'll go all the way.  I won't mention the other mancs as I don't want to mocker it, but anyway, enough said.

I do think Chelsea will come good again under their 80s Baddie manager as they have too many good players who have played together for a long time.

I understand the lack of trust in them, and I have to admit I thought we were about to crumble in that second half.  I also think it wasn't necessarily our game management, but Chelsea's lack of structure that meant they eventually dropped away in the second half.

But Liverpool are a good team.

Lovren was good tonight.  I do think his starting position was wrong at one point in that second half when Costa was free on our left, but he recovered and blocked, which was great.  But I am still not convinced.  

I will have to whisper this on here, but I am not 100% convinced about Clyne.  He hasn't done enough to warrant a big concern, and I do know everyone on here seems to love him, but he worries me at times.

Origi is a great player, and I was glad when he came on (though I'd have understood it if Klopp had have left it).  But he didn't get into it with his usual power.

Hendo was fantastic even before the goal (I was made up he had a pop about 20 mins earlier than his goal).  He was caught out a little bit by the blindside run for their goal.  But overall, a great captain's performance.

Overall a great performance from a very good team.  And I loved Klopp at the end.  Like I always do.

Klopp is, and has already to alarge extent, built a TEAM, hes wringing every drop of juice out of what he has. Despite it all, City without Aguero, will be like us without Suarez.

With Karius and Can to come in, we are in good shape.

But we REALLY need Karius in ASAP.

Swansea and Hull will be dismantled just like Leicester were and the six points will put us top of the league. I say this with cautious optimism as this is the best demonstration I have seen in years of a coach who knows what he's doing.

In Klopp I trust.

Yeah, we need to put in people like Kante or Matic or preferably both to make sure we will concede no goals. Oh wait.

He's got an attacking philosophy and doesn't set up his midfields like Mourinho or, dare I say it, Benitez. It's always a trade off, though, and unless everyone is executing the game plan properly or concentrating, which is what I was saying, you can concede cheap goals.

Swansea and Hull will be dismantled just like Leicester were and the six points will put us top of the league. I say this with cautious optimism as this is the best demonstration I have seen in years of a coach who knows what he's doing.

In Klopp I trust.

Mate, off the back of the Arsenal result Burnley should have been dismantled but we had an all too familiar collective brain fart and got beaten. Whilst I'm made up about last night and hopefully we get some favourable results over the weekend, we need to ensure we consistently put away the so called lesser teams.

Six points from the next two league games will go some way towards that.

Come on, guys. Champions? Not a chance. Think some of you are getting a bit ahead of yourselves.

A few weeks ago there were people slating Klopp..."should have got Ancelotti".

No DM or LB during the window...."this club is a joke, what the fuck are they doing?".

and now......"we're gonna win the league".

I think we'll be in with a shout for Top 4 but it's going to be tough. I'd see that as very good progress.

• Upvote 4

Mate, off the back of the Arsenal result Burnley should have been dismantled but we had an all too familiar collective brain fart and got beaten. Whilst I'm made up about last night and hopefully we get some favourable results over the weekend, we need to ensure we consistently put away the so called lesser teams.

Six points from the next two league games will go some way towards that.

Even the great teams from the 1980s were capable of losing matches as well as winning them. I have been following this team since 1984 when they were at their 80s peak. Once the 90s hit came the slump that has never been fully recovered from.

It's early days but some of the performances are reminiscent of the good (not great) teams from the 1980s.

They may not win the league this season but the signs are there that under Klopp it is achievable.

The performances are what are so impressive right now. They will lose some but it's great to watch, goals will be scored and they will win more than they lose.

I love it when people start getting carried away about us winning the league. Better than the arguing and negativity that we usually get. Leave them be - let them get carried away and excited it's good for the soul.

Fuck that. Better to be miserable and downplay our chances all season.

That way when we don't win it you can say 'Tokd you so' and call everyone who thought we had a chance stupid idiots.

He's got an attacking philosophy and doesn't set up his midfields like Mourinho or, dare I say it, Benitez. It's always a trade off, though, and unless everyone is executing the game plan properly or concentrating, which is what I was saying, you can concede cheap goals.

Yup.

Its clear he trusts what he has to execute his plans.

He is relying on the very maximum effort from every player, from front to back, to offset his lack of an out and out DM.

Examples are Mane last night challenging in our box and the unrelenting running of Lallana.

It's working a treat so far.

So far he has them all rocking, apart from Sturridge.

This Europe free season provides a great back drop for this to work out well.

Even the great teams from the 1980s were capable of losing matches as well as winning them. I have been following this team since 1984 when they were at their 80s peak. Once the 90s hit came the slump that has never been fully recovered from.

It's early days but some of the performances are reminiscent of the good (not great) teams from the 1980s.

They may not win the league this season but the signs are there that under Klopp it is achievable.

The performances are what are so impressive right now. They will lose some but it's great to watch, goals will be scored and they will win more than they lose.

We pass and move allright.

If Pogba smashed in a goal like Henderson's last night with Tyler on commentary they would still be cleaning the jizz out of the comms box....Pogbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss THAT IS WHAT 90m GETS YOU.....Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeesssss..

I assume Hendersons goal is showing every 3 mins on Sky sports news as well as it would be if it was Pogba and comparing it to other goals asking if it is the best goal in the history of footy scored on a friday night in London or some shite..

• Upvote 5

The German was, however, furious at the manner in which his defenders, Joel Matip in particular, went to ground far too easily and allowed Nemanja Matic to set up Diego Costa's goal that gave Chelsea brief, albeit unfulfilled, second-half hope.

Saw Matip go in and put his hands behind his back, to avoid the pen maybe.

Looked like he lost his balance at that point. Think he's been outstanding so far.