You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Going the game

Paco

How often do you go to watch us?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you go to watch us?

• every game home and away
    • every home game, some away
    • every home game
    • some home, some away
    • every away, some home
    • every away
    • a few home games a season
    • one or two home games a season
    • the odd home or away game
    • never

How often, if ever, do you go and watch us?

I get once or twice a season. Was lucky enough to be on the kop for the Dortmund game last season, easily the best game I've been to.

Had a season ticket for Rodgers first season in charge so got to see Suarez start to blossom. Biggest regret was leaving the chelsea game early when he bit ivanovic and then scored a very late equaliser. Got to the airport and my flight was delayed. Biggest regret would have been giving up the season ticket if we'd gone on to win the league the following year.

I go about 10-15 times a season, have a membership and enrol in the ACS but don't always go we share tickets around...there are 6 of us who share tickets and also have a good mate who can source some aways... i boxed off a lad on here with southampton aways last year - can't remember his name but sorry, lad!!

Would do more if could afford.

• Upvote 1

For many years, I attended most home and away games. However, I haven't set foot in Anfield since 2005 and last went to an away game in 2008. Hats off to the people who still go, but I'm not prepared to line the owners' pockets. I don't miss it at all now and wouldn't go even if they gave away tickets for free. Fuck them.

• Upvote 1

Had season ticket from 1987 - 2002. Went almost every away game from 87-96 until kids started coming along. Had difficulty justifying it with the house, kids and all the normal shite and gave my season ticket up around 2002. Still went the odd game for a few years but the experience just wasn't doing it for me. Decided to get a motorised dish fitted and haven't missed a match in years, love match days now, few bevvies, food delivered, couple mates around, few bets and watch it with my boys. Even if I were offered a free ticket now, I wouldn't take it as I love match days as it is. Especially the Saturday games. I would never have envisaged saying that 20 years ago but priorities change & as much as I love it now, I still shout at the tele, I still scream when we score, but it just doesn't mean as much anymore. How the fuck these lads can afford to go home and away now whilst juggling other commitments I'll never know. As Tony says, hats off to them.

• Upvote 1

Went to a large number of home and away games when I was younger and had a share in a season ticket until 2012.

I just go to home cup games now for a number of reasons. A combination of becoming a dad, cost, most of my mates giving it up and the shite atmosphere at league matches. I stopped enjoying it and wanted to spend 1more time at home with my kids.

I still enjoy the cup games I go to but I'll never be a regular at league games again.

Last season I went to:

Norwich (H)

WBA (H)

Bournemouth - League cup (H)

Chelsea (A)

West Ham - FA (A)

Crystal Palace (A)

Newcastle (H)

United - Europa (H)

Villareal - Europa (H)

I live in London so I try to catch as many away games here as I can, and whenever my missus has something on at the weekends, then I try and go to a home game. I've received plenty of help from people on this forum which I'm eternally grateful for...

I used to go quite a lot, especially the 06\07 season when I was at nearly every home game. Went to all the CL homes games that season and even had the privilege of going to the CL Final. Over the years since getting together with the Mrs it has dwindled every year. Same reasons as posted by others bar the kids situation. It's too bloody expensive.

I keep thinking about going but my other passion ,Cricket, is starting to take over. Especially considering going to a T20 game at Lancashire is £17 per person or £12 in some parts of Old Trafford.

Now it's never. 

Got taken a few times when I was a kid then in my late teens early 20s used to do a few games with friends driving down.

General life took that away although I still used to do Newcastle, Sunderland and Boro away games as I could get tickets in with the home fans easily enough.

When Kenny came back I started going again a bit as I had a bit more spare time but I contacted the club over the issues actually getting online to get a ticket and got a response which amounted to "if you don't like if fuck off" so I fucked off.

The club don't give a flying fuck about the fans and that will never change unless attendances and people over paying for shitty quality merchandise starts to tail off which it surely will at some point if we continue on pioneering levels of mediocrity we seem to embrace these days.

I can't afford the time or the money now anyway, it was working out about 70 to 80 minimum between my ticket and getting to the game.

Even if I had shit loads of cash to spare now I still wouldn't bother as I dislike the owners, I think the club is largely staffed by people who view the people who pay their wages as an inconvenience and I don't really feel any great affinity towards the players either. 

Never miss a home game as I am a season ticket holder,and have been for decades.- but the only away games I have been to in recent years have been Cup Semi Finals, and Finals.

Respect to those who pay a fortune to follow their teams away from home ( and those out of towners who  spend a packet to get to home games ).

It's almost impossible to get away League tickets these days unless you have been to so many away games previously. 

I've probably been to half a dozen home games in two years, ironically that's more than I managed when I lived in the city. I just can't justify the expense when we have a mortgage and mouths to feed. I'd rather use the money to take the kids away.

I'm drastically falling out of love with the game. There was £1bn spent during the recent window, it's become obscene.

Still own my season ticket but gave it up to others last year and couldn't even be arsed travelling to the cup games id paid for on the ACS, eventually went to the Watford game end of season.

This year doing the same but have taken 3 games of the 19 for myself.

Home regular with the occasional away between 98 and 04, had kids, got married, mortgage etc.

Been to less than 20 games in last 12 years, and none in the last 3, I took the lad a couple of times, would have taken the girls if they were interested, but I've started to hate it! Miss the lads and the match day pint, miss nowt else.

Most home games and a fair clutch of aways each season in the 1990s, up to birth of first child in 1999. Then became a 'few home games a season and aways if they are in London', up to 2008 when I moved to southeast Asia.

Now very rarely go as I am hardly ever back in the UK during the season. Have been to summer pre-season matches out this way a few times, but that doesn't really count.

Will, however, be back this Christmas and hoping to get to Boxing Day game. Will be my first game at Anfield since 2007.