You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shambles

Brownie

I'm sorry but that was terrible. How you can be so good at home yet so dire away? I don't understand it at all.

We didn't look like scoring once all night, whilst very time the ball came into the box it looked like they would.

I fear a thrashing on Sunday I really do. I'm sure i'll calm down a bit later but the lack of passion and urgency was a real eye opener. I know it's expected that we will suffer dips with a new set-up but that doesn't excuse tonights performance in my opinion.

Not good, and similarly at a loss to understand why our away performances are poor. A goal down, with the opposition reluctant to leave their half, and we looked content to stroke the ball across the back 4 all night. Xabi barely got near the ball all night, with long ball either going over his head, or coming deep to pick up, only for the ball to go wide or be hammered forward to nobody in particular. If we're going to play him in the middle, the play has to go through him at every opportunity. As for the defending from set pieces, well, that's two games so far that it has cost us at least a point. So bad I had to look away when they repeated in slow-mo. Not the end of the world, but clearly something needs sorting for away games.

rafa will learn more from games like this than turning the likes of norwich over at home,if he did not know it already he does now their are players in this squad that are simply not good enough.we will see what rafa is made of by looking at his team this time next year when he has had a chance to bring in the players he wants.no body came out of tonight with much credit but i thought finnan and rise were shit

I'm sorry but that was terrible. How you can be so good at home yet so dire away? I don't understand it at all.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but a simple explanation may be that our home fixtures have been against Graz, Man City, WBA and Norwich. Plus a depleted Monaco. Our away fixtures have been slightly more difficult (apart from Graz, obviously).

Tonight was quite disturbing in it's resemblance to a lot of last season.

Guest LEE R HARKIN
rafa will learn more from games like this than turning the likes of norwich over at home,if he did not know it already he does now their are players in this squad that are simply not good enough.we will see what rafa is made of by looking at his team this time next year when he has had a chance to bring in the players he wants.no body came out of tonight with much credit but i thought finnan and rise were shit

I thought Riise did ok,Finnan was poor,but I have to say I thought Collina was shocking in the first half, he seemed to give a foul for every LFC tackle

We didn't look like scoring once all night, whilst very time the ball came into the box it looked like they would.

I fear a thrashing on Sunday I really do. I'm sure i'll calm down a bit later but the lack of passion and urgency was a real eye opener. I know it's expected that we will suffer dips with a new set-up but that doesn't excuse tonights performance in my opinion.

Im so fucking pissed off played 4 lost 3 and nearly lost 4 away from home its all in the head and this fucking zonal marking shiete.

i think they should take a spare THIS IS ANFIELD sign with them on there travels, if they passed the ball without caution like they do at anfield they wouldnt be in this mess

Pure shiete and im really pissed off

Spot on.

Rafa can only piss with the cock he's got...

What were people expecting ?

We've been shite for 2 years.

He's already moved on some of the team.......and without doubt would punt another half dozen tomorrow if he could.

Tonight was quite disturbing in it's resemblance to a lot of last season.

Yeah I was getting that sick feeling in the stomach again - thought we were okay-ish early on - was just thinking that the overall quality of touch and passing was much better.....then we regressed. Usual problems - giving the ball away, rushed telegraphed passes, lack of patience (and the zonal thing). This is the point where SG usually takes on the opposition single-handed. Rafa will learn tho - as someone once said 'experience comes in blows'.

Back to the mountains to regroup compadres - the Red Army is not yet ready but we live to fight another day.

how in christs name does Collina have the reputation of being the best ref in the world ???? Watching that "performance" by him last nite ,I was fully convinced that Graham Poll had gotten a head shave ........terrible he was

I've always been a big fan of Collina, but last night he looked like maybe it is time for him to retire.

How many fouls did he give against Milan when all he was doing was trying to et away from the dirty fuckers who were holding, kicking, pulling at him every time he got the ball.

We were shite and deserved to lose, but they were dirty cynical bastards and Collina let them away with far to much. Any time we started to put together any kind of threatening move, it was halted by a foul.

Indeed it was. I think I have never seen a game with so many fouls and it was dead boring. We gave away far too many free kicks as well. As Coats-4-goalposts said in another thread, we should not have let Finnan take the free kicks as he only got it right once. With more precise free kicks (or a stricter ref) we could maybe have used their dirty tricks to our own advantage!

I've always been a big fan of Collina, but last night he looked like maybe it is time for him to retire.

How many fouls did he give against Milan when all he was doing was trying to et away from the dirty fuckers who were holding, kicking, pulling at him every time he got the ball.

We were shite and deserved to lose, but they were dirty cynical bastards and Collina let them away with far to much. Any time we started to put together any kind of threatening move, it was halted by a foul.

Same with Alonso, Every time a greek poof got blown down by a gust of wind,he blew up for a free against him,

There was numerous dodgy offsides and how it took 80 mins for a greek to sent off beggers belief,with the amount of tackles from behind goin in on us,at one point late on Kewell was tugged back and kicked from behind near the touchline and he somehow got the ball towards Alonso who played it away but a greek fell over ,after ignoring a blatent foul on kewell he gave it !!!!! totally boggled -

We'll be lucky if Milly is fit on sunday - he got some pasting last nite

Always been a big fan of Kojak too but I agree with you on this one Dave. However he wasn't helped by the hometown linesmen either. Still doesn't detract from a piss poor performance tho'. Where did Finnan get the idea he could take free kicks????

I guess we now know what to expect from that shower of shite in the return game as well!!

I agree, Collina was dire. So were a lot of our players. In my opinion we should allow boths players and refs a bad day at the office every now and then (painful as it might be).