You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

22 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Maybe they would rather spend the 80p a fucking week on their family and not give a fuck about anyone else. Surely you can respect that.

What families?  Look I’m not asking you to agree with me, quite frankly I couldn’t care less.  My point is that 2 incredibly prolific and mouthy posters don’t contribute a penny to the site. I think that’s a disgrace. You can agree or not agree. Dave doesnt, fair play to him. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

What families?  Look I’m not asking you to agree with me, quite frankly I couldn’t care less.  My point is that 2 incredibly prolific and mouthy posters don’t contribute a penny to the site. I think that’s a disgrace. You can agree or not agree. Dave doesnt, fair play to him. 

I've paid subs. I have contributed a penny to the site. Stop lying.

15 hours ago, rico1304 said:

Ha ha ha, we’re not anti-Semitic, it’s a stitch up by the fucking Jews! 

You didn’t read the article, did you, you helmet. 

Anybody who is serious about combating anti-Semitism needs to understand what is really going on. Anyone who is more concerned with Corbyn-bashing can just go along with the baseless, bullshit "Labour’s anti-Semitism problem" narrative - and dismiss any facts that contradict that.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Anybody who is serious about combating anti-Semitism needs to understand what is really going on. Anyone who is more concerned with Corbyn-bashing can just go along with the baseless, bullshit "Labour’s anti-Semitism problem" narrative - and dismiss any facts that contradict that.

Yes I did read it.  Was it 10 accounts?  

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think the people responsible for the fake accounts are probably far right goons. I mean (apart from a couple of users of this site) who has it in for both Labour and Muslims? 

It's interesting that the article implies Israeli involvement, but Mr. Podcast replied to my initial post and appears to suggest collective responsibility, saying that its a Jewish plot rather than the suggested Israeli plot. He needs to check that definition that he often refers to...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If it was the lib dems, or Caroline Lucas, or the monster raving loony party bemoaning anti semitism in Labour ranks it wouldn't bother me.

But this is the conservative party - propped up by the DU fucking P. Led by a prime minister that pioneered the hostile environment, funded go home wagons, deported brown people who were British citizens. Whose foreign secretary talked about clearing bodies from beaches to turn them into resorts. 

A bigger panoply of intolerant shit bags probably have never stalked the houses of parliament in our lifetime. 

Imagine Corbyn or any Labour politicians saying even a 10th of this shit and surviving politically for more than a day. Impossible.

15 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think the people responsible for the fake accounts are probably far right goons. I mean (apart from a couple of users of this site) who has it in for both Labour and Muslims? 

It's interesting that the article implies Israeli involvement, but Mr. Podcast replied to my initial post and appears to suggest collective responsibility, saying that its a Jewish plot rather than the suggested Israeli plot. He needs to check that definition that he often refers to...

He's conflating Israel and "the Jews" for comic effect, to dishonestly imply that Electronic Intifada (and, by extension, all pro-Palestine Corbyn supporters) make that conflation - because, y'know, we're all anti-Semitic.

He's just being a prick because he's bored.

2 hours ago, rico1304 said:

Why would you being generous stop him being a tight freeloading cunt? 

I struggled to think for reasons behind your crusade, because either way it doesn’t affect you one bit. Whether for example cloggypop is paid-up member or otherwise, it has no impact on your experience here. The only other explanation is that you would like for Dave to be fairly compensated for his work in maintaining the forum, which is a fair enough reason I suppose. I kind of feel bad seeing other members ‘bullied’ into paying for something they’re not prepared to for one reason or another, and it’s annoying to see it being constantly brought up as if it makes an opinion worth less. 

I find it bemusing that he has yet to secure my vote.  Always just falls short of making a full, convincing positive argument.  I do vote on local lines (Conservative/UKIP being the only big parties I've never voted for), so the message being confused/diluted (or fumbled by clumsy activists) to fit local priorities doesn't help him.  He seems happy to rest on his image and the cult of personality, than making clear arguments for himself.

I'm not opposed to him at all, but he's just never done enough to fully convince me and Brexit is a major reason for that.  Felt like Starmer was out on an island for far too long.

Edit: should add I don't really make this decision in advance.  Usually just in the few days before polling.

26 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I struggled to think for reasons behind your crusade, because either way it doesn’t affect you one bit. Whether for example cloggypop is paid-up member or otherwise, it has no impact on your experience here. The only other explanation is that you would like for Dave to be fairly compensated for his work in maintaining the forum, which is a fair enough reason I suppose. I kind of feel bad seeing other members ‘bullied’ into paying for something they’re not prepared to for one reason or another, and it’s annoying to see it being constantly brought up as if it makes an opinion worth less. 

I enjoy the fact it annoys the Tory blert so much. 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Why not? 

Well, how many people on here are lying about you? It's one, isn't it?

A tedious, dimwitted, Islamophobic, Tory troll.

So, put him on ignore. For your own sanity, and that of anyone having to read the absolute eye aids when anyone engages with him on here.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, aRdja said:

This paying for subs thing you constantly bring up is getting a bit tedious @rico1304. You don’t know their financial situations. Even Dave doesn’t seem to mind them contributing to the forum. I’m honestly happy to buy two subscriptions on top of my current one for you to stop this crusade.

You tell him mate, these people banging on repetitively on the same subject.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

You tell him mate, these people banging on repetitively on the same subject.

Not sure I’ve ever belittled anyone for not being a member mate. Of all the many things you try pull me up on, this is probably the furthest one from the truth.