You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

10 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Here's a pic of David Baddiel attending the Boris Johnson victory party thrown by one of those nice friendly Russians. 

20230212_215642.jpg

It even says CHRISTMAS PARTY on the caption you blert.

Corbyn was invited too, although he did not attend.

18 minutes ago, Strontium said:

It even says CHRISTMAS PARTY on the caption you blert.

Corbyn was invited too, although he did not attend.

Well if the Russian oligarchs conveniently describe it as a Christmas party it must be true. Purely coincidentall to be held the night after the general election and attended by Boris Johnson and his team.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Well if the Russian oligarchs conveniently describe it as a Christmas party the day after it must be true. Just a coincidence to be held the night after the general election and attended by Boris Johnson and his team.

It's not really a coincidence that someone would hold a Christmas party on a Friday in December, is it. Pretty par for the course I would think.

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

It's not really a coincidence that someone would hold a Christmas party on a Friday in December, is it. Pretty par for the course I would think.

It was apparently for the Russkies 60th birthday but it doesn't take a wild imagination to roll it into a double or triple celebration. 

David Cameron/Sam Cameron and a whole host of Tories were there as was a Jeremy Corbyn impersonator, who apparently waltzed around the room feeding the guests Cavier and Champagne.

Just to be clear, attending a party with somebody makes you and that person alike - in this case, a Tory - but meeting people with links to Hamas and calling them your friends is totally legitimate and anybody who questions it is a Tory shill?

Also, questioning the integrity of a media source is ‘shooting the messenger’ but ignoring the argument made by somebody whilst posting a picture of them in the street about to attend a party is… not. 

The more you know.

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Just to be clear, attending a party with somebody makes you and that person alike - in this case, a Tory - but meeting people with links to Hamas and calling them your friends is totally legitimate and anybody who questions it is a Tory shill?

Also, questioning the integrity of a media source is ‘shooting the messenger’ but ignoring the argument made by somebody whilst posting a picture of them in the street about to attend a party is… not. 

The more you know.

personally I find it a bit strange why a well known left activist would be invited,let alone attend this ?

Johnson visit to Lebedev party after victory odd move for 'people's PM' | Boris Johnson | The Guardian 

12 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

personally I find it a bit strange why a well known left activist would be invited,let alone attend this ?

Johnson visit to Lebedev party after victory odd move for 'people's PM' | Boris Johnson | The Guardian 

Do you really find it strange that a celebrity would be invited to a celebrity shindig? Really?

28 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I mean, I just don’t care about what parties celebs go to. Especially that one, I find him unfunny with a dodgy past. That said, he can go to whatever parties he wants without actually agreeing with anything the host or attendees believe. 

The point I was making is Gnasher is a hypocrite. The same standards and logic - such as it is - isn’t applied universally. It’s all tribal nonsense. 

49 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

nothing too see here  

Nothing at all. Media celeb and political commentator who helped fuel the narrative that the leader of the Labour Party lead a party ravaged by anti semitism then attends a champagne ball ram packed with Tory bigwigs and Conservative financial backers the night after the Tories achieve a comprehensive election victory. 

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out the tainting of the then Labour leader was all just a ruse to derail the Labour election campaign and help the Conservative party win the 2019 general election. 

Love you Britain.

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I mean, I just don’t care about what parties celebs go to. Especially that one, I find him unfunny with a dodgy past. That said, he can go to whatever parties he wants without actually agreeing with anything the host or attendees believe. 

The point I was making is Gnasher is a hypocrite. The same standards and logic - such as it is - isn’t applied universally. It’s all tribal nonsense. 

Burp.

38 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I dont particually

i do think Gnasher has a point here but im not a particular fan of the smug unfunny twat anyway.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I dont particually

i do think Gnasher has a point here but im not a particular fan of the smug unfunny twat anyway.

Fair enough. What is the point? If it’s that he’s a twat for going to a party for twats, that’s fine and I agree. If it’s that he’s a Tory for going to a party with some Tories, I disagree but can live with it. If it’s that his issues with Corbyn aren't credible because of a party, that’s silly. If it’s some conspiracy where they all met up at Corbyn’s party to discuss sticking it to Corbyn, it’s ridiculous because of the time frame, what had come before and the fact that phones exist. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fair enough. What is the point? If it’s that he’s a twat for going to a party for twats, that’s fine and I agree. If it’s that he’s a Tory for going to a party with some Tories, I disagree but can live with it. If it’s that his issues with Corbyn aren't credible because of a party, that’s silly. If it’s some conspiracy where they all met up at Corbyn’s party to discuss sticking it to Corbyn, it’s ridiculous because of the time frame, what had come before and the fact that phones exist. 

I dont think its a conspiracy,I do think its shows up what a 2 faced cunt he is.

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I dont think its a conspiracy,I do think its shows up what a 2 faced cunt he is.

Yeah, I’ve no issue with that. That’s clearly not Gnasher’s point though. He did, after all, post it in the Corbyn thread, alongside a video criticising Corbyn, with Baddiel in it. The response I gave was to illustrate that Gnasher constantly talks about shooting the messenger, and instead of debate the merits of what was said in the video. 

41 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I have more of a problem with Gnasher's outright dishonesty than his hypocrisy. To categorise a Christmas party to which Jeremy Corbyn had been invited as a Boris Johnson victory party is to propagate a level of untruth that is toe-curling.

I've invited Kate Moss to all my eh Christmas party's. I can't work out why she hasn't turned up for one. 

These Russians are not devious enough to use the invite as a bit of thinly veiled camouflage are they? snigger. Day after the election another coincidence. All attended by them victorious Tories. Hmm.

The stars definitely aligned for the super rich tory backers and bummers that night.  Couldn't have planned it better.

Fucking state of the cunts.

20230213_142339.jpg20230213_142314.jpg

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

I have more of a problem with Gnasher's outright dishonesty than his hypocrisy. To categorise a Christmas party to which Jeremy Corbyn had been invited as a Boris Johnson victory party is to propagate a level of untruth that is toe-curling.

That’s par for the course with Gnasher, in my experience. To be fair, I doubt he came up with it himself.