You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Yes. Just as you said. 'It's sad but true, but there's no real appetite for a second referendum' = 'Britons favour second referendum by 16-point margin'.

Just like you said. Jesus. What a terminal bore. Don't you have the self confidence to just say 'Oh, that's interesting... yes, looks like...'?

You've clearly interpreted the stats to suit your own argument.

If there's an "appetite" for something surely those who wanted something would be of a higher percentage in the polls than the combined totals of those who don't want something AND those who are apparently indifferent? Which is not the case.

Seeing as he was Shadow NI Secretary, and staying in the Single Market and Customs Union would resolve the issues around the border, I’m struggling to see what Owen Smith has done wrong here. Not a great look for Corbyn in my opinion.

So, as I said, more people don't want a second referendum/aren't arsed, than those who do want a second referendum.

You did say "there is no real appetite", and close to 50% of people surveyed wanting a referendum would suggest that the general public, if not exactly ravenous, has a relatively healthy appetite.

• Upvote 1

You did say "there is no real appetite", and close to 50% of people surveyed wanting a referendum would suggest that the general public, if not exactly ravenous, has a relatively healthy appetite.

No real appetite vs relatively healthy appetite is all quite airy fairy and vague. The numbers show the true picture. And certainly don't point towards a "heavy appetite" for a second referendum on the exit terms.

I'm a leave voter. But, I think it could be political suicide for Labour to be seen as the party who are trying to stop Brexit. We can look at one poll in isolation. But, a party has already stood on a stopping Brexit platform and they didn't really gain much from it.

And certainly don't point towards a "heavy appetite" for a second referendum on the exit terms.

Absolute nonsense. When Labour won an overwhelming victory against the Conservatives in 1997, they got 43% of the vote on a 71% turnout. Or, as you like to call it, no appetite for a Labour government.

It's almost unbelievable that you're carrying on with this. Almost.

Absolute nonsense. When Labour won an overwhelming victory against the Conservatives in 1997, they got 43% of the vote on a 71% turnout. Or, as you like to call it, no appetite for a Labour government.

It's almost unbelievable that you're carrying on with this. Almost.

I didn't say "no appetite"

Please edit your post so that it doesn't misquote me.

Thanks.

And, to attempt to compare a binding, long established method of deciding a general election to a small opinion poll is absolutely hilarious. Well done.

Seeing as he was Shadow NI Secretary, and staying in the Single Market and Customs Union would resolve the issues around the border, I’m struggling to see what Owen Smith has done wrong here. Not a great look for Corbyn in my opinion.

Smith has done nothing wrong as far as holding that opinion goes, I support it over Corbyn’s position. If you’re a minister or shadow minister though you have to publicly support party policy.

I’m disappointed and surprised that he’s done this now, given that there’s no realistic possibility either of having a second referendum before Brexit, or of forcing the government to stay in the SM and CU beyond the currently agreed end of the transition period in December 2020. Whether he did it out of conviction or because he wants another crack at the leadership, or a combination of both, he’d have been better off keeping his powder dry for a while.

First off, I didn't quote you; I was mocking you. Secondly, no. You ignorance is quite something. Just a little bit too much 'cunt' thrown in for me, Clive.

"Or, as you like to call it, no appetite for a Labour government."

Seems like you're attributing words to me? Which is pretty much what quoting is.

Wow. You're all over the place here. Are you worked up or something?

• Downvote 1

"Or, as you like to call it, no appetite for a Labour government."

Seems like you're attributing words to me? Which is pretty much what quoting is.

Wow. You're all over the place here. Are you worked up or something?

I'm all over the place? Do you think saying things makes them true? No, as I said, I was mocking your view. But maybe you're beyond parody.

I'm bored of this now. Too easy.

No real appetite vs relatively healthy appetite is all quite airy fairy and vague. The numbers show the true picture. And certainly don't point towards a "heavy appetite" for a second referendum on the exit terms.

I'm a leave voter. But, I think it could be political suicide for Labour to be seen as the party who are trying to stop Brexit. We can look at one poll in isolation. But, a party has already stood on a stopping Brexit platform and they didn't really gain much from it.

Like I said mental.

Hope someone is keeping track.

I'm all over the place? Do you think saying things makes them true? No, as I said, I was mocking your view. But maybe you're beyond parody.

I'm bored of this now. Too easy.

You've been on one for about a week now. It's quite funny to read. Read the post back. It was a civil discussion and then you just snapped. Are you prone to angry outbursts in real life?