You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wearing trackie/jogging bottoms to the pub

Mook

I have no problem with shorts. A decent pair of chino shorts look great providing the footwear is acceptable.

The attire cunty bollocks turned up in would have made FG blush.

Steady on, what about those salmon chino monstrosities you had last summer, which looked like they came with a Kylie fan club pack?

• Upvote 3

Fuck all wrong with a decent pair of shorts but the cunts in question were like these new-mens-cotton-hobo-men-relaxed-fit-car

and the flip flops were like these P17284648.jpg

If you dont mind standing in the pub looking like a quaver then fair play but don't expect to stand next to me.

Thats my at-home attire right there. Would wear them on holidays also. Not to the pub mind.

Because the bulk of the trainer makes you look like you have clown feet - unless you're one of those small-dicked freaks with size 8 feet

I can possibly accept a deck shoe-style trainer but only on holidays where you are unlikely to meet anyone you know

knew there was a reason my trainers look good on me. although an 8.5 really, every half inch counts.

I wore a pair of shorts to the pub on Christmas Day a couple of years ago.

Sue me.

Oh, Tony...

I'm torn here, see trackies are never acceptable (especially with hands inserted front and centre), but in the middle of summer I am quite partial to flip flops. They stop your feet getting all sweaty, and what's wrong with shorts?

Happy with all that

Nothing like a good pair of shorts in summer.

Exactly

Fuck all wrong with a decent pair of shorts but the cunts in question were like these new-mens-cotton-hobo-men-relaxed-fit-car

and the flip flops were like these P17284648.jpg

If you dont mind standing in the pub looking like a quaver then fair play but don't expect to stand next to me. 

I dont see the problem, Stig. I might have to reserve judgement on the shirt. Could go either way

Who the fuck DOESN'T wear shorts to have an afternoon pint in the summer?

Fucking weirdos.

Yees, although I think there may be an upper age limit on this. I havent decided on what it is yet

We'd all like to be able to stroll around in an elasticated waste pants but it's not acceptable in polite society for adults so you shouldn't do it. As Jerry Seinfeld said, wearing jogging bottoms around the place is the act of a man who has given up on life.

Grim

Shorts are fully acceptable for afternoon and early evening pub wear during the summer. And of course you would wear flip flops with them, you'd look a cunt wearing trainers - I suspect some on here even have full length socks with their shorts and trainers, probably black ones.

Going out for the evening in shorts is not acceptable.

Trackie bottoms are never acceptable outside of the house and during sports. Even when wearing them for sports you should change out of them before going back into the outside world

Not even shorts in the evening on holiday? You'll be another of those disciplinarians like Turdseye