You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brian Clough is dead.

Kopite

No. Im sorry but im actually happy.

This apology, did he donate any proceeds from his book to any Hillsbrough fund? You know, the book where he said if everyone had behaved/had ticket/not drunk then everything would have been hunky dory? Did he?

I punched the air with glee when me dad told me before. Im sick of this fucking pc world where we all have to behave so nice and say nice things. Its getting to be like an old boys club on this forum. Did clough afford us any pc moments? Did he fuck. Oh but it was alright coz he apologised for the grief, anguish and utter pain he caused family and friends of the 96. Get real.

Lifes a shitter sometimes and it doesnt make anyone less of a person for saying clough is a twat.

He sold books with that drivel in it. As has been mentioned he was an upstanding member of the management world, hunderds of thousands would have looked up to him. Hundreds of thousands would have believed the utter shite he came out with. Hundreds of thousands wouldnt have known about the 'apology'.

Stop licking each others arses and say what you think. And please dont come back at me with you are all reasoned individuals and im some kind of neanderthal. The man was a grade A fucking cunt.

Yes im sorry for his family but thats more than he gave to the families of the 96. And for me the families and the memories are far more important than that twat. I hope he's burning right now.

If any of you dont like what i say then, by your reckoning, i could just fucking apologise and we'd all be friends again.

well said sg. i just wish i was more eloquent myself.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult one this,if Clough didn't have all the facts what was he doing making disgusting allegations in his autobiography and on a national t.v show,especially about people dying,there also seems to be some confusion about why he made the "apology"with many people saying he was asked to do it by 442's editor,its not like he immediatly realised he was wrong and apologised i seem to recall him repeating himself and adding in the old scousers nick car wheels joke as well on the chat show in question.i'm afraid i cant feel any sympathy for a man who caused so much greif on merseyside

No. Im sorry but im actually happy.

This apology, did he donate any proceeds from his book to any Hillsbrough fund? You know, the book where he said if everyone had behaved/had ticket/not drunk then everything would have been hunky dory? Did he?

I punched the air with glee when me dad told me before. Im sick of this fucking pc world where we all have to behave so nice and say nice things. Its getting to be like an old boys club on this forum. Did clough afford us any pc moments? Did he fuck. Oh but it was alright coz he apologised for the grief, anguish and utter pain he caused family and friends of the 96. Get real.

Lifes a shitter sometimes and it doesnt make anyone less of a person for saying clough is a twat.

He sold books with that drivel in it. As has been mentioned he was an upstanding member of the management world, hunderds of thousands would have looked up to him. Hundreds of thousands would have believed the utter shite he came out with. Hundreds of thousands wouldnt have known about the 'apology'.

Stop licking each others arses and say what you think. And please dont come back at me with you are all reasoned individuals and im some kind of neanderthal. The man was a grade A fucking cunt.

Yes im sorry for his family but thats more than he gave to the families of the 96. And for me the families and the memories are far more important than that twat. I hope he's burning right now.

If any of you dont like what i say then, by your reckoning, i could just fucking apologise and we'd all be friends again.

"I hope he's burning right now"

Ah, so you're a religious man are you?

Here's a wee quote for you then:

"To err is human, to forgive, divine."

God - a fucking long time ago BC

So then, by your own clear religious boundaries, morals and ethics that you are so keen to highlight - which of us on here will also "burn" with Cloughie?

...I hope you like the heat.

Don't start spouting religious clap-trap and taking the moral high ground when you are no better yourself.

Here's another:

"let he who has never sinned cast the first stone"

Burn baby burn!

SG, I know what you are saying and I understand your angle. Personally, I get no satisfaction out of anyones death.....I never particularly liked Clough and deplored his disgusting comments but I did accept his apology and I do respect his achievements in football, for that I will say RIP, I can't be pleased that someone has died......you will also find that on this site I am far from an @rse licker.....I simply have respect for the dead.

Welcome back Peter Burgess, how ya doin mate, goin tonight?

SG, I know what you are saying and I understand your angle. Personally, I get no satisfaction out of anyones death.....I never particularly liked Clough and deplored his disgusting comments but I did accept his apology and I do respect his achievements in football, for that I will say RIP, I can't be pleased that someone has died......you will also find that on this site I am far from an @rse licker.....I simply have respect for the dead.

Welcome back Peter Burgess, how ya doin mate, goin tonight?

Alright mate,not going toinight,my self imposed exile is still in place so look forward to a win,give us a bell by the way i've lost your number

SG, I'm not sure what political correctness has got to do with expressing an opinion about a man's death. I do know that pissing on someone's grave after they're dead is something I was never brought up to do. It's the reason I despise Ken Bates so much for what he said after Matthew Harding died. You're fully entitled to your opinion, but don't belittle mine, and others', by calling it PC. To me, it has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with respect for other people.

Clough said some despicable things after Hillsborough but, thanks to what has been posted on here, I now know he apologised unreservedly. As to whether he actually wrote the apology, I find that a spurious argument. He probably didn't write the initial piece either; it's the fact that he attached his name that counts. Someone said something above about it taking a bigger man to apologise. Well he was a big man.

His achievements as a manager are unique and, in my opinion, unrepeatable. That deserves respect. I'm sorry to see him go.

Personally, I'm not happy about it. I just dont care. It would be hypocritical of me to say otherwise.

I feel some sympathy for Nigel and family, as I do for anyone who's lost a loved one today, or any day.

And no, I really dont want a minute's silence tonight. Think they're becoming far to common and have lost all meaning.

Worthy causes are being degraded by 40 thousand people standing around hoping the 6 drunks in the corner wont make an arse of themselves.

They should be restricted to events close to the club concerned and even then I'd like to see a little more imagination when it comes to tributes.

Let's leave this one for the Forest fans

"I hope he's burning right now"

Ah, so you're a religious man are you?

Here's a wee quote for you then:

"To err is human, to forgive, divine."

God - a fucking long time ago BC

So then, by your own clear religious boundaries, morals and ethics that you are so keen to highlight - which of us on here will also "burn" with Cloughie?

...I hope you like the heat.

Don't start spouting religious clap-trap and taking the moral high ground when you are no better yourself.

Here's another:

"let he who has never sinned cast the first stone"

Burn baby burn!

sanctimonious twat

For me, the fact that Brian Clough disrespected the 96 doesn't mean we should want him dead or disrespect him in death......again that is only an opinion, I respect Cath for saying she just doesn't care but think that SG and rrm's comments are too strong, hate breeds hate......I really dread tonight now, I think there will be a minutes silence, I also think it will be disrespected.

Paul are you seriously saying that because clough "apologised"thats o.k,but you despise bates,if he apologised would that be o.k?

No. I'm just saying that I don't think it's right to celebrate someone's death. I can't help it if others do; I just object to my view being dismissed as PC.

Paul are you seriously saying that because clough "apologised"thats o.k,but you despise bates,if he apologised would that be o.k?

If someone offers a GENUINE apology and you refuse to accept it then imo that makes you even worse. It's not an easy thing to do and to have iot thrown back in your face is fucking disgusting.

Perhaps that just the way I was raised.

Anyway, I'm bored of this now. As Cath says, let's leave it to the forest fans to mourn him.

If someone offers a GENUINE apology and you refuse to accept it then imo that makes you even worse. It's not an easy thing to do and to have iot thrown back in your face is fucking disgusting.

Anyway, I'm bored of this now. As Cath says, let's leave it to the forest fans to mourn him.

Tom - How do you know that was genuine heartfelt apology ???? How do you know those were Cloughs actual words ???? This was 4-4-2 remember- and for the record ,that apology above ,(which was pulled from what Rushian wrote on ynwa ) only came about due to massive volumns of complaints from Liverpool Fans to his original article

sanctimonious twat

Ooooo! Tough guy eh!

Gotta say, though, Nail on the head!

Those who have a clear consience and who are correct in what they say can be as sanctimonious as they fucking well please.

Tell you what knobhead, I'll email your comments across to Nigel Clough and his family. Perhaps they'll return the favour of pissing on your grave one day.

Wanker.

Tom - How do you know that was genuine heartfelt apology ???? How do you know those were Cloughs actual words ???? This was 4-4-2 remember- and for the record ,that apology above ,(which was pulled from what Rushian wrote on ynwa ) only came about due to massive volumns of complaints from Liverpool Fans to his original article

If you honestly believe that it makes you a decent person by holding views such as this then good luck to you. Personally, you've gone down massively in my books mate.

Believe whatever the fuck you want.

Gav, even if he never apologised and held his views to this very day, I'd still have enough respect not to come out with comments like we have had on here. His comments were misguided and disgusting and I'd have hated him for them but EVERYONE deserves to have their death respected not least for his grieving family......

Tom.

You're talking shit lad. My religious clap trap? I dont believe in 'God'. So get your facts straight before telling me what im saying or what im trying to infer.

Saying i hope he burns in hell was just a figure of speech.

You know what? I set some gobshite straight today when i saw him with the s*n, the fat blue twat. Feelings run very high still here about what happened, and maybe, just maybe people would be better informed if others didnt spout shite on a subject they know nothing about which is exactly what clough did.

Im very sorry for nigel and his family but thats not the point thomas.

I could just apologise to you for offending you coz that would make it all sound then, wouldnt it?

Or i could say take your head out of your arse and recognise just what a biggoted cunt clough was.

I seriously cant believe any sort of defence for clough or what he said. But then maybe living outside Liverpool your finger is off the pulse somewhat tommy.

I can understand what SG's getting at, if people didn't spout shit in the mass media then the justice campaign might be a lot easier than it has been and a lot more people might be a lot more informed about what happened.

Also agree it takes a big man to apologise. Still didn't like the man but couldn't care less that he's dead really either way.

Well I have to be honest on this subject. Not for one minute am I happy that he's dead, and I certainly aren't dancing a merry jig tonight (saving that for later).

But what he wrote in his autobiography disgusted me when I first read it and it still does now. As a man and a football manager I had grudging respect for him and his achievements, and some of the things he said were very witty and entertaining.

However it all comes back to his comments on Hillsborough for me. I despised him for what he said and I still do today. Everytime I heard his name I always thought 'great manager and character, twat of a man'. Yes he apologised and it does take a lot to do so, but to be so naive to make the original comments without personal evidence was too big a mistake to make up for.

I hope he rests in peace and that his family can grieve peacefully. But whenever I hear his name I will think of a 'great tarnished' man.

I guess I always will.

I wonder how much his "apology" had to do with the fact that he'd lose out on his deal with 4-4-2.I'd have MORE respect for him if he actually believed what he said about Hillsborough was the truth.He used it cynically to sell more books.

I wouldn't piss on his grave though.....I'd sh1t on it.

Good riddance to a grade A cunt.

Will M