You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brian Clough is dead.

Kopite

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, good post Rushian, and have to say it doesn't make me warm to the bloke.............but although Brian Cloughs opinion was obviously wrong, he didn't actually lie. Before you go off the handle at me, what I mean is, the S*n published blatant and unforgiveable lies, Brian Clough stated that Liverpool fans turned up drunk and late......some did, thats true, but that happens at every game, more so in big games like that. If Brian Clough included it in his book as his opinion, then however wrong he was about those factors being responsible, he is entitled to his opinion (although I deplore him going public with it), if he included it to sell his book, then he truly should rot in hell......the fact is that noone on here knows for sure. If you say he did write those comments to sell his book, you are expressing your own opinion, you don't know it as fact. Personally, I'd like to think the bloke wasn't that thoughtless and greedy so I will give him the benefit of the doubt and respect him in death......RIP

I agree, good post Rushian, and have to say it doesn't make me warm to the bloke.............but although Brian Cloughs opinion was obviously wrong, he didn't actually lie. Before you go off the handle at me, what I mean is, the S*n published blatant and unforgiveable lies, Brian Clough stated that Liverpool fans turned up drunk and late......some did, thats true, but that happens at every game, more so in big games like that. If Brian Clough included it in his book as his opinion, then however wrong he was about those factors being responsible, he is entitled to his opinion (although I deplore him going public with it), if he included it to sell his book, then he truly should rot in hell......the fact is that noone on here knows for sure. If you say he did write those comments to sell his book, you are expressing your own opinion, you don't know it as fact. Personally, I'd like to think the bloke wasn't that thoughtless and greedy so I will give him the benefit of the doubt and respect him in death......RIP

What other reason, logically, could there be?

He didn't write the book in 89, it was published in 94. After the Taylor report, after alot of what happened and who was responsible had come out.

This was a manger who did wonders at Derby and brought the European cup to Forest yet chose to focus on Hillsborough when discussing the book. Why choose that, why choose the most sensationalist aspect of a book that would have contained so many extraordinary tales of football?

The only conclusion you can draw is that he new Hillsborough would sell, he knew that the press took such a kicking over it that having a respected manager back up there claims would somehow justify it and his book would get the column inches.

He sold his book and traded the dead for cash.

Feel free to give an alternative to why it happened.

I don't care how many times he apologised he was a stubborn man by nature who wouldn't have changed his mind on Hillsborough it was obviously forced. He opened up all those old wounds for the families for a few poxy extra quid. I remember when he came out with these views Hillsborough was back in the public eye again due to the Jimmy McGovern Cracker Episodes.

Dont you fucking dare say im as bad as the s*n or even clough. Dont you fucking dare!

That is a fucking disgraceful thing to imply. I havent told lies about clough and i havent used my 'position' on here to make any money from anything ive said. I havent made up COMPLETE FUCKING UNTRUTHS like the s*n did!

Arguments on here and shouting and that is fine on here, i think. But seriously you have to take a long hard look at yourself for those comments.

You have no idea about me tom, how fucking dare you say im as bad as 'them'. That is SO over the fucking top and you have no idea how upset that has made me.

You might laugh at that, you might say you got to me, but its still a fucking real situation here concerning the s*n and Hillsbrough. Im seriously at a loss as how to explain just how you came to the conclusion that im as bad as the s*n.

You are a piece of shit for that comment. And i would hope others feel the same way. Fucking disgrace!

Aw, diddums. Have I really upset you??

Why don't you go cry about it then!

My heart fucking bleeds. It really does.

The fact is tommie you can probably guess why i was upset at the comment you made concerning me being as bad as the s*n newspaper. It is you who has disgraced the dead.

The fact that you chose to come back at me saying 'diddums' shows just how much of a cunt you are. You may take pride from that but it makes you, tommie boy, as bad as the s*n and clough, not me. You are like the shite off a slugs belly you're that fucking low.

I can hold my head up high tom but you with your contradicting posts (see you changed your signature by the way, bigot) and your holier than thou attitude make you a mere pleb.

You insinuated i was a wanker on another thread for merely stating my views, views that thousands of Scousers have judging by the conversations i have overheard and even had myself in Liverpool. You know Liverpool, the place where Anfield is. Just checking seen as though you're in yorkshire.

But then being a super duper Liverpool fan as yourself that doesnt matter to you when you spout your shite. To say i was spouting religious clap-trap was laughable, you obviously try to pick your mark yet say nothing when others used the same phrase as i did. Whats up thom, is it just me you dont like? Or are you a secret shit-bag?

For some reason others on here dont like to go against you but i will apologise to Paul and UTM for what i said in the heat of the moment, that they were only conforming to your view. Paul, Uncle Mat, i am genuinely sorry. I realise you do have your own views and just coz they're different to the ones i hold of clough i shouldnt have accused you of something you werent guilty of.

However tommy i will try to ignore you and you're superfan comments as you are probably more of an internet fan/cyberspace warrior who has nothing better to do except clean his wanking sock every week or so. In saying that tho i am more than willing to have a little metting if you so wish to iron out any disagreements? Id really enjoy seeing you try to tell me im as bad as the s*n then. Shitbag.

Toodle pip. For now.

The fact is tommie you can probably guess why i was upset at the comment you made concerning me being as bad as the s*n newspaper. It is you who has disgraced the dead.

The fact that you chose to come back at me saying 'diddums' shows just how much of a cunt you are. You may take pride from that but it makes you, tommie boy, as bad as the s*n and clough, not me. You are like the shite off a slugs belly you're that fucking low.

I can hold my head up high tom but you with your contradicting posts (see you changed your signature by the way, bigot) and your holier than thou attitude make you a mere pleb.

You insinuated i was a wanker on another thread for merely stating my views, views that thousands of Scousers have judging by the conversations i have overheard and even had myself in Liverpool. You know Liverpool, the place where Anfield is. Just checking seen as though you're in yorkshire.

But then being a super duper Liverpool fan as yourself that doesnt matter to you when you spout your shite. To say i was spouting religious clap-trap was laughable, you obviously try to pick your mark yet say nothing when others used the same phrase as i did. Whats up thom, is it just me you dont like? Or are you a secret shit-bag?

For some reason others on here dont like to go against you but i will apologise to Paul and UTM for what i said in the heat of the moment, that they were only conforming to your view. Paul, Uncle Mat, i am genuinely sorry. I realise you do have your own views and just coz they're different to the ones i hold of clough i shouldnt have accused you of something you werent guilty of.

However tommy i will try to ignore you and you're superfan comments as you are probably more of an internet fan/cyberspace warrior who has nothing better to do except clean his wanking sock every week or so. In saying that tho i am more than willing to have a little metting if you so wish to iron out any disagreements? Id really enjoy seeing you try to tell me im as bad as the s*n then. Shitbag.

Toodle pip. For now.

Yawn, yawn, yawn! You still bitching are you Shirley?

Once agin, The S*n showed no respect for the dead, and neither did you! Wnat makes you any better?? Fuck all that's what.

That's not a personal judgement, I don't even know you. But that's just exactly what you did. Or are you now saying that you didn't??

It's called "logic" mate.

This is the end of the matter.

Now shut your mouth you fucking tart. This "cyberspace warrior" could tie you up in fucking knots without even breaking a sweat.

Now that IS a fact.

Now, if you don't mind, I have better things to do than piss around with easy pickings like you who fancy there chances.

Toodle-oo.

Guest kevnacey

"steve mclaren tea breath"?

In the words of "Good Morning Vietnam"...."i've no idea what it means, but its not very positive"

Thats the best insult I've ever heard, hilarious.