You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

...Teixeira is currently in Florida

along with the entire Shakhtar

Donetsk team as part of a training

camp while the Ukrainian league

takes a winter break. Ian Ayre and

a number of Liverpool officials are believed to have flown across

the Pacific in an effort to seal the

deal for Shakhtar’s biggest talent...

Typical.

• Upvote 4

The guy tweeting that is the one who spent all summer saying we were definitely signing Mkhitaryan in 2013.

That's my straw and I'm clinging to it. Then if he blows us out it's just because he's a lesbian.

Yeah, but I think it's pretty well established that we actually did try pretty hard to sign him that summer, no?  I mean, it's not like he was making it all up or anything.

Teixeira is an absolute animal. 26 goals in 26 games in all competitions from attacking midfield is ridiculous no matter what league you play in. 

We won't sign him though. We'll either drop the negotiations because Donetsk ask for too much money, or the price will be somewhat reasonable and a bigger club will hijack us.

Yeah, but I think it's pretty well established that we actually did try pretty hard to sign him that summer, no? I mean, it's not like he was making it all up or anything.

There's no doubt we tried to sign him.

The guy, as far as I recall, was claiming a certain level of ITK info that it was actually happening and Mkhitaryan wanted the move.

That said, I wouldn't be using this as mitigation in court or owt, it was a pretty throwaway attempt to discredit the likely truth.

A bit on Shaktars chairman

He took control of the club when his former business partner and suspected criminal underworld leader, Akhat Bragin, was blown up in his seat at the football club's stadium in 1995.

Akhmetov, who was the vice president of Shakhtar at the time, had skipped the game where five other people were killed along with the president in the VIP directors' box.

He has since denied any links with the bombing, or with Bragin's organised crime connections, despite working as his assistant

Dont drink the tea

Looks like something productive might come about by sending Ayre....

• Upvote 2

"Liverpool have made an approach to sign Shakhtar Donetsk's Brazilian attacker Alex Teixeira as Jurgen Klopp attempts to secure his first major signing since becoming manager at Anfield.

The Reds are willing to pay about £24.5m for the 26-year-old.

However, the Ukrainian club value Teixeira, who has also been linked with Chelsea, at closer to £39m."

Not happening. 

• Upvote 1

"Liverpool have made an approach to sign Shakhtar Donetsk's Brazilian attacker Alex Teixeira as Jurgen Klopp attempts to secure his first major signing since becoming manager at Anfield.

The Reds are willing to pay about £24.5m for the 26-year-old.

However, the Ukrainian club value Teixeira, who has also been linked with Chelsea, at closer to £39m."

Not happening. 

Haha, was just about to quote that exact same bit, and say : that sounds like fun.

A bit on Shaktars chairman

He took control of the club when his former business partner and suspected criminal underworld leader, Akhat Bragin, was blown up in his seat at the football club's stadium in 1995.

Akhmetov, who was the vice president of Shakhtar at the time, had skipped the game where five other people were killed along with the president in the VIP directors' box.

He has since denied any links with the bombing, or with Bragin's organised crime connections, despite working as his assistant

Dont drink the tea

Pass the tea along to our transfer committee please.

Never seen him kick a ball myself but here's what a Shakhtar fan on Reddit makes of him:

He's a center attacking midfielder that excels in a 4-2-3-1. His role at Shakhtar is essentially as a withdrawn forward. Our forward draws a defender and he runs in and scores. He's quick, has pretty good ball skills (He's Brazilian), and solid vision. He isn't really a playmaker in the sense that he is going to set up a lot of goals for others and make final passes into the box. He can do that sure, but he is more of a scorer. He makes pretty good runs but most of his goals come from just finding the ball at his feet in the box and finishing it.

His strengths:

• Quick - not a true burner like Douglas Costa but still fast and can beat defenders.

• Good feet - he can dribble through a defense

• finding space - especially in the box, he positions himself well.

Weaknesses? Well, this is harder. Shakhtar are in a very unique situation and it is pretty hard to determine how good a player is in a lot of circumstances because of the nature of our league. Every team we play except two or three park the bus the entire game.

• Not really a #10. Not many teams have #10's anymore because they're harder to find. Despite playing in the CAM position, he is much more similar to a CF.

• He doesn't really have that killer vision that you might expect a CAM to have to play a pass in to the wingers. He does it from time to time but he is much more likely to be the guy on the end of the pass than the guy making the pass.

Honestly, I think he missed his calling as a center forward. I think if he were a forward he might have even more sought after. This is all just my opinion though