You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp interview / press conference thread

Arl arse

Fair enough. That reminds me, I don't have a twitter account, but had a nose the other night and saw some so-called Liverpool fan kicking off on Klopp. Called him a Nazi and everything, the whopper.

they aint fans they are cunts of the highest order that have no clue about football

The banner thing reminds me, I started a job for a kitchen and bathroom mogul thought himself a bit of a Richard Branson and the company had a box at Anfield...thought I had landed on my feet.

Was during Rafas reign and on my 4th day their he came in moaning he had pinned a Rafa out banner to the window of the box and a the fans in the seats went off on one telling him to fuck right off.

That ended me ever wanting to go with him and to be fair he was a massive cunt and the club worded him I lasted about 6 months in the job

As a side note when Rafa left he expected a letter of apology from the club saying he was right all along

He is bankrupt now so the moral of this story is don't fuck with Rafa.....fact!

• Upvote 3

Probably done to death on the shitness of modern football, but what happened to coming away from Anfield after a defeat, going to the chippy on the way home, enjoying the rest of the weekend and them getting on with life on the Monday? That's what I did along with my old man. Remember us getting stuffed 3-1 by a Liam Brady-inspired Arsenal - but life went on. Just don't get it. Yes - defeats hurt but why all the hysteria and clamour for the sacking of one of the world's best managers?

• Upvote 1

Probably done to death on the shitness of modern football, but what happened to coming away from Anfield after a defeat, going to the chippy on the way home, enjoying the rest of the weekend and them getting on with life on the Monday? That's what I did along with my old man. Remember us getting stuffed 3-1 by a Liam Brady-inspired Arsenal - but life went on. Just don't get it. Yes - defeats hurt but why all the hysteria and clamour for the sacking of one of the world's best managers?

Let's just see where we are in May (but in the meantime lament every small detail possible when things don't go our way).

Ha Ha he is fucking ace at interviews

Jurgen Klopp admits there is still a lot of work to do on Liverpool’s defence but he has “faith” they will get it right.

The Reds almost threw away a two-goal lead as they led 3-1 at the King Power Stadium on Saturday with Jamie Vardy scoring to make it 3-2 on 69 minutes before missing a penalty soon after

However, Liverpool showed some resilience to hold onto the three points and Klopp was delighted to come away with a victory.

“It’s obvious we concede too many, there’s no doubt,” Klopp said. “That’s really hard for me. Usually, I’m a really good defensive coach, but obviously that has worked not too good so far.

“But we will be fine. It’s how it is. I have faith, not only offensive, but in our squad. I like to have this.”

Age of the internet where we can all share our view and be what Americans call a 'Monday morning quarterback' I guess.

I think we're all guilty of over analysing games. I know Im critical of players during the game, 'how the fuck did he miss that' open goal from 5 yards? Piss easy to score when Im sat in the stand.

Chippies aren't as good as they were years ago! 

Too much focus upon fancy shit, instead of basic pie and chips. 

What you talking about, the Lucky Star on Walton Breck is fucking fantastic. Lovely creamy chips with a Holland cheese pie, plenty of salt n vinegar, fucking ace.

What you talking about, the Lucky Star on Walton Breck is fucking fantastic. Lovely creamy chips with a Holland cheese pie, plenty of salt n vinegar, fucking ace.

Probably for the first time ever I totally agree with Jimmy, even down to the choice, great chippy

The sky era has legitimized wrongness and gobshittery.  If you were an idiot, back in the day, you'd not open your mouth.  But these people see Andy Gray being paid millions for being wrong, an idiot and general gobshittery, and they think: I'll have some of that!

Welcome to modernity, football style.

• Upvote 3

The sky era has legitimized wrongness and gobshittery.  If you were an idiot, back in the day, you'd not open your mouth.  But these people see Andy Gray being paid millions for being wrong, an idiot and general gobshittery, and they think: I'll have some of that!

Welcome to modernity, football style.

I think it is a lot more simple mate. Pub Bore met Internet, and that was that. 

• Upvote 2

He cut it short, didnt he? Good for him. No doubt they would have tried to make up some homophobia out of it if he had said which player(s) he 'loved.'

Steves Fish Bar on Breck Road over the road from the George was always my matchday chippy of choice....followed by a few pints in The Richmond - an absolute dive but boss! Closed down now I believe.

I still go to Steve's... their "meat" products aren't great but their chips and gravy are still ace.

We will not go with five players against one.............. Just four. Hahaha, that cracked me up.

Then having to write down Quincy Promes name for the translator..... fuckin el, more shambolic than our defence.