You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC 2015/16 Season

Sugar Ape

Where will we finish?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

A fair summary.

But with us being the richest club in the EL, bar any English CL fall throughs, failure in Europe will surely bring an end to his tenure.

Possibly. They may also see it as the most realistic chance to get into the Champions League, just not under this manager.

Guest Super Sub

Possibly. They may also see it as the most realistic chance to get into the Champions League, just not under this manager.

If we win the EL do we get a CL place at the expense of the team that finishes fourth?

Guest Super Sub

All in all then it seems like a very dubious way of trying to get CL football in so much as we will in all likely still not have a squad strong enough to compete in it and to qualify the following season.

Re watching the Swindon game, and having watched all the other ore season games, I've got no confidence in the manager.

How the fuck can we spend an entire preseason playjng games at a 60% tempo, with flaky line ups, with our biggest goal threats only getting an hour of game time under their belt...

Where's the fucking game plan? What are we doing?

We're going to get spit roasted by Stoke. We don't deserve to get away with this, we've got no idea how to score goals.

Re watching the Swindon game, and having watched all the other ore season games, I've got no confidence in the manager.

How the fuck can we spend an entire preseason playjng games at a 60% tempo, with flaky line ups, with our biggest goal threats only getting an hour of game time under their belt...

Where's the fucking game plan? What are we doing?

We're going to get spit roasted by Stoke. We don't deserve to get away with this, we've got no idea how to score goals.

Could you be a bit more hysterical, please?  Stop being so shy.

• Upvote 1

I know I'm in the minority, however I think we're actually going to do really well this year.

We have a striker that can score goals. It's amazing what a difference that makes.

We slow down to a snail's pace between midfield and strikers, and that will be our major problem once again.

We encounter lots of teams who sit deep against us. That's no surprise, they do the same thing to United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. The difference there is that they move the ball better, they have better one-touch movement, better players with real ability to make space for a shot or drag defenders into awkward places.

Our gameplan is called 'Benteke' and it's going to be embarrassing to see it in action, and our inability to cause opposition defences problems will mean that they will always be ready to take the ball off us and counter.

People say our opening fixtures are tough, I actually think they're kind:

Stoke A (lose)

Bournemouth H (win)

Arsenal A (lose)

West Ham H (win)

United A (lose)

Norwich H (win)

Villa H (win)

12 points from our opening 7 games.

And then sink like a stone in October and November:

Everton A (lose)

Spurs A (lose)

Southampton H (lose)

Chelsea A (lose)

Palace H (lose)

City A (lose)

Swansea H (win)

15 points by 1 December, that's my prediction.

Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Ibe.

This quartet are not the standard of a top team in the transition areas from midfield to attack.

Ibe has real potential, but he's literally going to be double-teamed everytime he plays because the opposition know he's the man most likely to cause problems.

And we'll be in a position where Milner and Henderson have the ball on the halfway line and have absolutely no idea how to get the ball to Benteke or Sturridge or Ings or Firmino. They'll play balls into Lallana and he'll give it back. They'll play balls into Coutinho and he'll try to hit it from 25 yards. They'll play balls into Markovic and he'll try and take on a defender and overrun it.

• Upvote 1

And we'll be in a position where Milner and Henderson have the ball on the halfway line and have absolutely no idea how to get the ball to Benteke or Sturridge or Ings or Firmino. They'll play balls into Lallana and he'll give it back. They'll play balls into Coutinho and he'll try to hit it from 25 yards. They'll play balls into Markovic and he'll try and take on a defender and overrun it.

What on earth are you blethering on about

Firmino will be up front waiting for the ball to arrive, and then will drop deeper and deeper to win it. He'll then have it on the halfway line and will see the silhouette of Benteke 30 yards away, surrounded by three defenders.

Rodgers wouldn't know a tactic if it fell on his head. He knows Tictacs, the orange and lime zesty breath cunt.

Firmino will be up front waiting for the ball to arrive, and then will drop deeper and deeper to win it. He'll then have it on the halfway line and will see the silhouette of Benteke 30 yards away, surrounded by three defenders.

Rodgers wouldn't know a tactic if it fell on his head. He knows Tictacs, the orange and lime zesty breath cunt.

I find this post deeply, deeply racist & have written a strongly worded letter to Roland from Grange Hill's coat.

We slow down to a snail's pace between midfield and strikers, and that will be our major problem once again.

We encounter lots of teams who sit deep against us. That's no surprise, they do the same thing to United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. The difference there is that they move the ball better, they have better one-touch movement, better players with real ability to make space for a shot or drag defenders into awkward places.

Our gameplan is called 'Benteke' and it's going to be embarrassing to see it in action, and our inability to cause opposition defences problems will mean that they will always be ready to take the ball off us and counter.

Stoke A (lose)

Bournemouth H (win)

Arsenal A (lose)

West Ham H (win)

United A (lose)

Norwich H (win)

Villa H (win)

Everton A (lose)

Spurs A (lose)

Southampton H (lose)

Chelsea A (lose)

Palace H (lose)

City A (lose)

Swansea H (win)

This quartet are not the standard of a top team in the transition areas from midfield to attack.

Ibe has real potential, but he's literally going to be double-teamed everytime he plays because the opposition know he's the man most likely to cause problems.

Impressive shithouse negativity. Repped.

Stoke A (lose)

Bournemouth H (win)

Arsenal A (lose)

West Ham H (win)

United A (lose)

Norwich H (win)

Villa H (win)

Everton A (lose)

Spurs A (lose)

Southampton H (lose)

Chelsea A (lose)

Palace H (lose)

City A (lose)

Swansea H (win)

jesus that even by tlw standards is grim

Guest Super Sub

I am really really really looking forward to the new football season. No matter how shit we are I am not going to let our teams performances ruin my enjoyment of the new season.

• 7 months later...