You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

I don't think he went there to play in front of big crowds to be fair, he went because he knew he wouldn't get many games and wanted to stuff some spondulicks down his underpants. 

Honestly don't know why this is still news. People still coo over Torres and Suarez who both fucked us off, the opposite is true of Henderson. 

Fair play to him. And I was never a fan. But unless they're paying your nut nobody has any right to tell you how to earn a fucking living.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think he went there to play in front of big crowds to be fair, he went because he knew he wouldn't get many games and wanted to stuff some spondulicks down his underpants. 

Honestly don't know why this is still news. People still coo over Torres and Suarez who both fucked us off, the opposite is true of Henderson. 

Fair play to him. And I was never a fan. But unless they're paying your nut nobody has any right to tell you how to earn a fucking living.

I dont think that's the point, his hypocrisy in defending equality until he is offered a big wad of cash to play in a state where he could never take the stance he had here very much is though. You are right, nobody has the right to tell him where to make a living, but he has been bought off and it's justified to point that out to him. But as you also say, he's gone, get over it. I'm sure looking at his bank statement takes away the pain of looking at those empty seats.

• Upvote 1

On 28/10/2023 at 11:12, Section_31 said:

Haven’t thought about Henderson in a wee while. But happy for other people to post updates.

Clearly all the reasons he claims (to himself?) that he went there are bullshit. The game isn’t growing there, it’s going backwards and is losing popularity. He isn’t engaging people about LGBTQ+ rights, instead he’s sold his silence. Every word of justification was a lie and the only question is whether he was lying to everyone or just to himself. 
Torres and Suarez both left to win trophies. There was never any secret about that. They both won more elsewhere than they did with us and we got worse once each of them left; some people will still feel betrayed but it was an honest betrayal. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Szoboslai demonstrates what an ordinary player Henderson really was. Unbelievably lucky to have the career he did with us.

I still believe Hendo may have  bounced into pre season training all ripped and ready, got a look at this guy in early training sessions, gulped then got on the blower to his agent.

13 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Szoboslai demonstrates what an ordinary player Henderson really was. Unbelievably lucky to have the career he did with us.

He played an important role at times for us. 

13 hours ago, Chris said:

Think we can probably just give him what he deserves now – utter irrelevance – and stop commenting on it. 

Yeah, makes sense. Our midfield is at a different level to where it was last year, and for me, Mac Allister hasn't even shown his best yet. The emergence of Curtis Jones since last spring in a selfless role has been a revelation too. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

As Chris says, we need to let this thread die as he's irrelevant to us now after leaving, and also given where he left for, and his hypocrisy.  But neither should be rewrite history.  He played a vital roll in our success. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

As Chris says, we need to let this thread die as he's irrelevant to us now after leaving, and also given where he left for, and his hypocrisy.  But neither should be rewrite history.  He played a vital roll in our success. 

Correct. He did us a favour by allowing Klopp to buy upcoming talents while he was obviously on the wane. His choice of destination though? Hmm...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Au contre, it is our duty to call out Chumperson's evil whenever and wherever it rears it's rainbow hating face.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...