You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has Ayre gone? anyone know?

Marko121

Good grief @ after the loss was wiped out....

That's what profit is. Are you trying to pretend 900K profit is really 30m if you include 21m of outgoings)?

It's call the bottom line. 900K made, which given a revenue of 255m amounts to 'not stellar'.

Is very simplistic view you have.

The near £1m was the bit of the £45m (for arguments sake) after the debt is wiped out and after tax. Its because the debt (let's call it £45m for arguments sake) was 'cleared' that the profit was small.

If there's no debt next year (unlikely because the club will spend again so needs to be taken into account) then the profit would be a lot bigger ie approach the hypothetical £45m.

I appreciate you want to work hard trying to impersonate xerxes but please dont, one is enough.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The near £1m was the bit of the £45m (for arguments sake) after the debt is wiped out and after tax. Its because the debt (let's call it £45m for arguments sake) was 'cleared' that the profit was small.

If there's no debt next year (unlikely because the club will spend again so needs to be taken into account) then the profit would be a lot bigger ie approach the hypothetical £45m.

I appreciate you want to work hard trying to impersonate xerxes but please dont, one is enough.

Yes, I know the situation... you've managed to clear a lot of debt which, if it continues will see you well into profit next year, but you're still describing 'a huge reduction in deficit' as profit, which it isn't.

From FSG's point of view, and assuming their ultimate goal is a return on their investment, this is the first year they've managed it (on a YoY basis). They aren't yet into actual profit from their initial investment (but most likely will be if they sell).

But it's still a moot point. It's hard to claim Ayre's done a stellar job as CEO. The vast improvement for FSG largely comes from increased TV revenues.

Our recent decline has been partly due to circumstance and partly down to bad decisions in the transfer market.  You could even suggest it's down to the choice of manager although I doubt anybody would have sacked Rodgers at the end of last year.  If Ayre isn't responsible for hiring and firing the manager and has no say in transfers or what the maximum spend is on transfers which is a possibility because nobody actually knows whether he does or he doesn't then no he isn't at least partially responsible for our decline.

He comes across as a bad wool on the telly and for that reason he gets poked fun at and a lot of people on here have wanted him out for a while.  It was based on nothing but assumption though.

Your're essentially saying he does nothing so he's not responsible. You've no idea what he does but I'm quite certain FSG don't pay him to do nothing, therefore he is at least partially responsible. Being MD does mean something even if FSG give him limited autonomy. You'd have a fair argument if you were trying to say he's not totally responsible or even mostly responsible. However no one is really arguing he is to blame for all of our woes. 

Yes, I know the situation... you've managed to clear a lot of debt which, if it continues will see you well into profit next year, but you're still describing 'a huge reduction in deficit' as profit, which it isn't.

From FSG's point of view, and assuming their ultimate goal is a return on their investment, this is the first year they've managed it (on a YoY basis). They aren't yet into actual profit from their initial investment (but most likely will be if they sell).

But it's still a moot point. It's hard to claim Ayre's done a stellar job as CEO. The vast improvement for FSG largely comes from increased TV revenues.

Nope. You're just being an arsehole like xerxes (funny that).

You claimed the 900,000 wasnt 'stellar' insinuating the club should have made a bigger profit.

I pointed out the 900,000 was a small profit because money was used to clear a debt, leaving 'only' 900,000 as 'profit.'

As regards ayre, given the huge amounts of tv money, Id say it stood to reason the 'vast improvement' comes from tv revenue. Despite this, the club has increased its commercial sponsorship many times over compared to before that incredibly knowledgable chap (in some people's opinion), parry, was at the club.

People like you and xerxes really are tiresome.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure it's gibberish 

• Upvote 4

I don't know fo certain whether or not Ayre is good at his job, I just know the mention of his name calls to mind two images.

One is him twiddling his thumbs in Kiev on transfer deadline day.

The other is, after the Bayer Leverkusen pre-season friendly, me and my mate were hanging around, trying to do a bit of "celeb-spotting".  When the stewards started moving everyone out from the car park behind the Main Stand, my mate spotted Ayre getting into his car.  He made a beeline for him and engaged him in small-talk, just long enough for the stewards to pass and leave us alone.  It was pretty obvious what he was doing, but Ayre didn't seem to spot it.  Anyway, we later got to meet Sami, Rudi Voller, Andy Carroll, Didi Hamann and Brendan Rodgers - all because Ayre was outwitted by a fat bloke with learning difficulties.  That's the Ian Ayre who negotiates our transfers.

• Upvote 13

I don't know fo certain whether or not Ayre is good at his job, I just know the mention of his name calls to mind two images.

The other is, after the Bayer Leverkusen pre-season friendly, me and my mate were hanging around, trying to do a bit of "celeb-spotting". When the stewards started moving everyone out from the car park behind the Main Stand, my mate spotted Ayre getting into his car. He made a beeline for him and engaged him in small-talk, just long enough for the stewards to pass and leave us alone. It was pretty obvious what he was doing, but Ayre didn't seem to spot it. Anyway, we later got to meet Sami, Rudi Voller, Andy Carroll, Didi Hamann and Brendan Rodgers - all because Ayre was outwitted by a fat bloke with learning difficulties. That's the Ian Ayre who negotiates our transfers.

That's a fabulous anecdote.

The other is, after the Bayer Leverkusen pre-season friendly, me and my mate were hanging around, trying to do a bit of "celeb-spotting".  When the stewards started moving everyone out from the car park behind the Main Stand, my mate spotted Ayre getting into his car.  He made a beeline for him and engaged him in small-talk, just long enough for the stewards to pass and leave us alone.  It was pretty obvious what he was doing, but Ayre didn't seem to spot it.  Anyway, we later got to meet Sami, Rudi Voller, Andy Carroll, Didi Hamann and Brendan Rodgers - all because Ayre was outwitted by a fat bloke with learning difficulties.  That's the Ian Ayre who negotiates our transfers.

Post of the year.

I know because Henry made the call to Bolton and was quoted by their Chairman, and Werner flew in to speak to Fulham - again widely reported.

Which renders your post, how do you put it, pretty laughable.

I notice your particular brand of self-perceived superiority was largely absent from the Stoke game onwards until Rodgers was confirmed as safe.

So that's it then you don't actually know at all.  You are going off media reports and what some other chairman says.  As far as I am aware the whole Fulham thing was because we put Dempsey's name on the website.  Again I'm not sure if Ayre is responsible for that.  But there you go again assuming things firing shots and asking questions later.  The worst thing is in your original post you're doing that "I'm in the know" thing leaving it ambigious so other people take what you say as fact when all you are doing is reading the fucking papers.

The Stoke game was a disgrace.  I didn't particularly feel like talking about or watching any football for a while after that.  If Rodgers had gone after that I wouldn't have been surprised.  I'm not one for letting a manager go in regards to one game but that came pretty close for me.  I accepted what last year was going to be long ago.  A lot of other were still acting surprised as the season was finishing.

Your're essentially saying he does nothing so he's not responsible. You've no idea what he does but I'm quite certain FSG don't pay him to do nothing, therefore he is at least partially responsible. Being MD does mean something even if FSG give him limited autonomy. You'd have a fair argument if you were trying to say he's not totally responsible or even mostly responsible. However no one is really arguing he is to blame for all of our woes. 

That's not essentially what I am saying at all.  Go and read it again I'm actually saying I have no idea what he does and neither does anybody else.  Nobody knows how much input he has on the players we've signed, how much we've paid or the manner we've done it in.  Nobody knows how good or bad he has done in his job because our "recent decline" is only highlighted because of where we finished in the league.  I'm not saying he's not responsible either.

I'm saying to have legions of people on here and other places demanding him out and some suggesting it as an example of how stupid FSG are is laughable because nobody actually knows what he does and how responsible he is for our failings on the pitch this season.

• Upvote 1

I haven't claimed any ITK, and I doubt anyone thinks I was present at either event or thinks I am an ITK, so I haven't misled anyone. But at no stage have the club ever denied either situation. And I doubt the Bolton chairman would have said it if it wasn't true, as Henry isn't afraid to say something when he has something to say. Again, the Fulham press officer was a direct briefing to the press reported contempraneously on deadline day.

Sadly, I don't think FSG would come out and say anything if that info was wrong.

Putting my tin foil hat on, I'd say they hide behind the vagueness of responsibilities, and if someone else happens to help muddy the waters of accountability in the upper echelons of this club I'm sure they'd be only too glad to accept the help. It's a nice buffer between themselves and the fans.

We're run like a government cabinet, with the wisdom of a collective used to obfuscate any real appraisal of who does what by the great unwashed; and every now and again, when people get too wise to the failings, there's a reshuffle.

• Upvote 1

That's not essentially what I am saying at all.  Go and read it again I'm actually saying I have no idea what he does and neither does anybody else.  Nobody knows how much input he has on the players we've signed, how much we've paid or the manner we've done it in.  Nobody knows how good or bad he has done in his job because our "recent decline" is only highlighted because of where we finished in the league.  I'm not saying he's not responsible either.

I'm saying to have legions of people on here and other places demanding him out and some suggesting it as an example of how stupid FSG are is laughable because nobody actually knows what he does and how responsible he is for our failings on the pitch this season.

Vapid