You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

You wish. Liverpool wont let him go for less than £45m plus add ons.

Why get hissy? sterling has likely (note I said likely) played his last game for the club and the 'not for sale' is not just for public consumption but also a shot across the bows of city and the like that we wont take less than £45m - £50m

Sarcasm isn't your strong point is it?

• Upvote 1

Rodgers will see out the season. Pointless kidding yourself otherwise.

I wouldn't be so sure. All depends on the fan base and consequently on Rodger's performance. If and when the tide turns against Rodgers, which I would expect to given our gross inconsistencies, there is no one who could save his ass. 

I wouldn't be so sure. All depends on the fan base and consequently on Rodger's performance. If and when the tide turns against Rodgers, which I would expect to given our gross inconsistencies, there is no one who could save his ass. 

I agree...a start like last year and they'll likely bin him. 

This. I still cannot see how we turn around form that was 11 points out of 30 by sacking Pascoe and Marsh, and then buying Ings, Milner and Bogdan. Some fucking proper crackheads that are running the show at the club at the minute.

So essentially we don't have a transfer budget?

A transfer budget to buy the Bodans, Bentekes and Ings of football? No way. Rodgers should be left to his own devices and raise money from sales of the bunch of players we had purchased but don't know what to do with. You can add to that whatever we get from the little cunt. That's it for me, we don't have any more money to waste.

Babel could shoot, Raheem is a stupid cunt who I wish nothing but utter desolation and failure when he moves on. Really can't fathom why the top clubs want him, he's some serious poor technique in his shooting and crossing of a ball and he's a fucking cunt to boot.

Might be better holding that thought about why 'top' clubs may want him until after we get £30m, £40m or even £50m for him!

LFC 5 times, you are right about his shooting skills. He is really poor.

There could be something about Rodgers and coaching behind it. I remember Shelvey, who could do everything apart from shooting and Allen who can't shoot very well either. I might be wrong, it might be that we've targeted players without this attribute, but they have certainly not developed it while playing for us. 

Your delusional if you think Babel was better than Sterling, i've always rated Sterling and he'll be one of the best players around in a couple of years, don't left his disloyalty shroud what is blatantly a superb talent. 

I don't think 40m is enough, i think we're being jobbed. If reports are true that Man City want Pogba and are prepared to pay nearly £100m for him, then we are letting Sterling go too cheaply, i think Sterling will be the better player.

• Upvote 1

If we do get 50m for sterling we should spend that 50m on one player, a world superstar. The fans a need the club need something to spark us into life again. Suarez and Gerrard leaving in the last year has left a massive void and it needs filling.

Your delusional if you think Babel was better than Sterling, i've always rated Sterling and he'll be one of the best players around in a couple of years, don't left his disloyalty shroud what is blatantly a superb talent. 

I don't think 40m is enough, i think we're being jobbed. If reports are true that Man City want Pogba and are prepared to pay nearly £100m for him, then we are letting Sterling go too cheaply, i think Sterling will be the better player.

I must admit I was very excited by him initially. He was superb from December-May 13/14. He's a very intelligent player and has great work rate and will go on to be a very good player. However, he is limited. His limitations became all too apparent to me this season, his shooting as I've already alluded to is pathetic and this is not a coincidence, he just has a terrible technique and his indecisiveness only makes it worse. Despite being lauded as a tricky winger, he's exceptionally poor 1v1, he never goes past his man in the manner of some like Coutinho or Robben for instance, fullbacks allow him run down blind alleys and his final ball is not good enough to pick some one out from out wide. He'll be a very good player but I can't see him ever reaching the "world class" bracket.  

LFC 5 times, you are right about his shooting skills. He is really poor.

There could be something about Rodgers and coaching behind it. I remember Shelvey, who could do everything apart from shooting and Allen who can't shoot very well either. I might be wrong, it might be that we've targeted players without this attribute, but they have certainly not developed it while playing for us.

I think we can blame Rodger's for a lot of things but the fact Sterling and Allen both shoot like little girls is not something you can put on the manger.

I must admit I was very excited by him initially. He was superb from December-May 13/14. He's a very intelligent player and has great work rate and will go on to be a very good player. However, he is limited. His limitations became all too apparent to me this season, his shooting as I've already alluded to is pathetic and this is not a coincidence, he just has a terrible technique and his indecisiveness only makes it worse. Despite being lauded as a tricky winger, he's exceptionally poor 1v1, he never goes past his man in the manner of some like Coutinho or Robben for instance, fullbacks allow him run down blind alleys and his final ball is not good enough to pick some one out from out wide. He'll be a very good player but I can't see him ever reaching the "world class" bracket.  

That part's simply not true

pl-take-ons-ranking.png

This was from 17 April 2015, it's most successful 1 v 1 take on's in the league. The other bit about his final ball not being good enough is also not true he created the most chances in the squad with 75. His finishing is poor (no disputing that) but his chance creation and his ability to beat a man is top notch.

• Upvote 1