You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

The latest 'Price of Football' survey results are out, yet again showing how younger fans are being priced out of the game. The clubs have apparently frozen most of their ticket prices this season (they could have reduced them because the TV money gain is massive) but still, there is increasingly less youthful enthusiasm in stadium crowds, and a lot more ard cunt cynicism. Oh, and the average price of a kid's football shirt is over £40! Is that just for the shirt, or including names, numbers and sleeve patches?

If he's going to go, at least we're likely to get the money fsg will want. And pissing off barca is not a bad thing. I don't mind the way these oil clubs come in and just slap the money down. At least the put their money where their mouth is. It's these cunts at barca and Madrid with their "do you know who I am. Sell to me for 20p and some 16 year old loser who we have on a free buy back and be happy about it"

Completely agree. I’d rather he went to PSG than Barcelona. PSG will have the money, and if player exchanges come into it, they have several who are not getting much of a look in who could improve us. But if we prefer just cash, they have it.

Barcelona have been disruptive and also trying it on with add ons and all the rest of it. I wouldn’t be too upset if we didn’t deal with them.

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has raised hope among fans that the club could acquire Juventus forward Paulo Dybala, 24. Pogba sent Dybala an Instagram message with the hashtag #AgentP included, a mark he often applied to messages sent to United targets during the summer. (Metro)

How is this not tapping up? Wanker.

Not really tapping up when the host club are happy to sell at the right price. When we tap players up, we might as well be offering clubs a half full pick and mix bag that we’ll add 1 sweet a year to over 5 years. No wonder selling clubs want nothing to do with us.

The LMA merry go round continues, endless ineptitude and multiple pay offs.

What happens if you're continually awful at your job? You get to continue that job on a probable higher wage at a new employer that has probably just sacked the guy who will replace you.

Pressure is rife in managers, not this crew though. Best job ever.

Guest Pistonbroke

Aye, could you imagine Shankly or Catterick still being in a job these days, if they had gone  4 or 5 seasons without wining anything ?

Fuck me, and you cheeky bastards say we live in the past. 

The LMA merry go round continues, endless ineptitude and multiple pay offs.

What happens if you're continually awful at your job? You get to continue that job on a probable higher wage at a new employer that has probably just sacked the guy who will replace you.

Pressure is rife in managers, not this crew though. Best job ever.

Rory Smith did an article a couple of weeks back saying how it wasn't foreign managers preventing young English managers from getting jobs in the PL, it was the old boys network of the LMA. He made the point that Redknapp, Allardyce, Hodgson, Moyes and Mark Hughes have had 26 PL managers jobs between them.

Rory Smith did an article a couple of weeks back saying how it wasn't foreign managers preventing young English managers from getting jobs in the PL, it was the old boys network of the LMA. He made the point that Redknapp, Allardyce, Hodgson, Moyes and Mark Hughes have had 26 PL managers jobs between them.

Add Pulis, Pardew and Bruce over the years too. Money for old dopes.

Between them they have won one solitary FA Cup (Redknapp with Portsmouth, 2008). 

Didn’t Pulis lose some financial battle with that Flock of Seagulls fella at Crystal Palace? I think that cost him a few million. Then the chairman at West Brom put the squeeze on him selling their prized players and doing a raft of deals on incoming with his preferred agent/s, thus hindering his ability to make the money back he lost to the Palce chairman. Allegedly.

It seems to me that since those things happened Pulis has lost a bit of spark.

Didn’t Pulis lose some financial battle with that Flock of Seagulls fella at Crystal Palace? I think that cost him a few million. Then the chairman at West Brom put the squeeze on him selling their prized players and doing a raft of deals on incoming with his preferred agent/s, thus hindering his ability to make the money back he lost to the Palce chairman. Allegedly.

It seems to me that since those things happened Pulis has lost a bit of spark.

Flock of Seagulls, Squeeze, Sparks, Raft, The Crystals. Nice one Rev.

• Upvote 1