You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

• 2 weeks later...

Is it weird to go to a gig on your own?

I fancy one in Manchester next month and I don't know anyone who would be up for it.

(Just to make it weirder, I've never even heard of the headline act, but the support is an all-too-rare UK appearance from The Last Internationale.)

TLI have just added a Liverpool gig!

Supporting The Virginmarys at the Shipping Forecast on 21st November.

So, my new question is - Is it weird and stalkerish to see the same band twice in three days?

(I'm hoping not.)

TLI have just added a Liverpool gig!

Supporting The Virginmarys at the Shipping Forecast on 21st November.

So, my new question is - Is it weird and stalkerish to see the same band twice in three days?

(I'm hoping not.)

No, of course not.

I’ve seen Reef two nights running and OCS twice in four nights.

Be a bit surreal seeing Silvio out the Sopranos playing the Cavern on a Tuesday afternoon

@IanProwse: Can't wait to see @StevieVanZandt play a lunch time show @cavernliverpool next Tuesday, just like the lads used to.

He knows his musical history alright.

No.

It's a bit weird seeing the guitarist out of the E-Street Band acting on the telly.

I need to watch more telly.

I've never seen The Sopranos. Or Lillehammer. I fancy both, I've just not got around to them

Lillehammer is a lot shorter & you can watch it without having seen The Sopranos first.

Recommended.

Damn, Chuck Mosely, original singer of Faith No More has died, aged just 57.

Fucking loved Introduce Yourself, some inspirational songs on that record, RnR being my favourite. A total maverick, and whilst not a great singer, I remember Mosely as being a fantastic frontman with bags of energy and an infectious enthusiasm. Such a shame.

Really sad he's gone cos, you bet, we care a lot. Yeah!

• Upvote 1

I've been slowly sorting out my ipod as I had pretty much every song by every artist I like on it so I've been trimming it down, putting on one artist at a time and then pulling off anything I'm not as keen on.

Anyhoo, I initially got into Maiden when Bruce was already well established and never had really gotten into the first album and Killers, other than the live version with Bruce singing them.

With re-adding stuff and listening through them all again I've discovered that the Dianno stuff is way better than I remember.

Absolutely love this song and had never really listened to it at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCViwXz7zAM

• Upvote 1