You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis and that incident

ratcatcher

I miss him, he is fucking brilliant, just wish we could have kept him for a little while longer. But I suppose I can say I saw him play in a red shirt. Wish him all the luck in the world, unless we play Barca then I hope he plays the worse game of his life.

I still can't believe they released the report on New Years Eve. The dubious cunts!

There was a plenty of shit like that going on. 

Suarez was interviewed on just one occasion. He was asked for his version of events and was never shown any video footage.

However, Evra was interviewed on more than one occasion and given video evidence to consider before he submitted his final statement. Why?

That in itself is pretty damning evidence of something untoward going on. 

He has his flaws, but the so called racism incident was a character assasination, and the main reason I have no problems with him wanting to get as far away from England as possible. The way he was treated was a fucking disgrace. That case was made up long before the verdict was made public and there was no getting out of it, and the club let them do it because they were afraid of how any objection to it would be judged.

The fans, the players and Kenny were the only people that stood up for him and was probably the reason he stayed as long as he did. It was great to see he got his revenge in the end when they couldn't avoid giving him the awards last season (he should have got the same ones the season before as well) and knocking England out of the World Cup.

It's the worst stain in a long line of stains that slur manufactured against promising opposition. The man was and is a snide, cheating prick. Just look at the revisionism he's included in his re-written book. Apparently he wasn't solely responsible for Moyes hiring and knew nothing of his firing. He's the one who took Evra into the refs room and demanded justice. He's the one who, the very next day did a huge piece in the News Of The Screws about Racism coming back into football. He's the real piece of shit behind this. In the states he would have been sued for defamation of character.

• Upvote 5

It's the worst stain in a long line of stains that slur manufactured against promising opposition. The man was and is a snide, cheating prick. Just look at the revisionism he's included in his re-written book. Apparently he wasn't solely responsible for Moyes hiring and knew nothing of his firing. He's the one who took Evra into the refs room and demanded justice. He's the one who, the very next day did a huge piece in the News Of The Screws about Racism coming back into football. He's the real piece of shit behind this. In the states he would have been sued for defamation of character.

Amen.  He would and did do absolutely anything to gain an advantage.  Anything. 

Tom stop trying to deny it. I believe the phrase used was 'why would Evra lie'. Im not going to ask anyone to find that post because I really can't be fucked to do it myself but I remember having a go at you at the time and many subsequent times. It stands out because it's the only problem I've ever had with you.

• Upvote 3

To this day I am baffled about the shit Suarez took for the hand shaking episode. Evra lowered his hand when Suarez was about to shake his hand - it's on fucking camera. The pictures are clear. But Evra is again the victim and Suarez the villain. What a fucking joke.

I'm not, when you're agreeing with Ferguson you can print and say pretty much whatever you want. The media in this country need enablers, after that it becomes open season. We're seeing that with UKIP, a man who the establishment won't or aren't capable of shooting down says some shit nobody would have got away with ten years ago, and when it goes unchallenged the press start having some fun.

Tom stop trying to deny it. I believe the phrase used was 'why would Evra lie'. Im not going to ask anyone to find that post because I really can't be fucked to do it myself but I remember having a go at you at the time and many subsequent times. It stands out because it's the only problem I've ever had with you.

I do remember the "why would Evra lie" line alright. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to go over it again, moof, because it was - and obviously still is - a fairly emotive subject among fans and just ends up in a slanging match.

But I'll be be pretty fucking clear about one thing and that is I never thought 'Evra was right and Suarez wrong'.

I'm not going to go over it again, moof, because it was - and obviously still is - a fairly emotive subject among fans and just ends up in a slanging match.

But I'll be be pretty fucking clear about one thing and that is I never thought 'Evra was right and Suarez wrong'.

I pretty much posted on the subject daily, and very extensively, so I'll be pretty fucking clear about another thing too - you were a complete meff regarding the whole subject from start to finish and were talking absolute and utter bollocks.

Come off it Major, that thread was how you got your contrary spaceman tag. I know because I took pity on you more than once and repped you back into the green with my then awesome rep power.

Nup. Never took Evra's side. The evidence will be in that thread if you care to drag it up. Which I don't, cos I'm long, long over it. My view on that incident has never really changed. I still believe today what I believed back then. 

A lot of what happened doesn’t smell right.

Prior to the match against the mancs Luis had been accused of diving, some of the criticism was justified. However, in this particular game against the mancs there wasn’t one single incident where you could accuse Luis of diving. Yet Fergie, in the emmediate interview after the match, used up  all his time accusing Luis of “falling all over the place”.  It was a very strange interview indeed. All part of a plan? (The racism thing was apparantly not known to him at the time)

Nothing has ever been made of the undisputed fact that Evra first talked to Suarez. He did so in Spanish! Why would a Frenchman in England talk to him in Spanish? Could it be to provoke Luis into saying something he could later complain about? It is after all much easier to swear and use provocative words in your native language.

Then that racism piece in the press.

It did work as planned, probably even better, for Fergie. 100% success in his mind I suppose. I’m still angry our club didn’t stand up to fight this. Cowards!

A lot of what happened doesn’t smell right.

Prior to the match against the mancs Luis had been accused of diving, some of the criticism was justified. However, in this particular game against the mancs there wasn’t one single incident where you could accuse Luis of diving. Yet Fergie, in the emmediate interview after the match, used up all his time accusing Luis of “falling all over the place”. It was a very strange interview indeed. All part of a plan? (The racism thing was apparantly not known to him at the time)

Nothing has ever been made of the undisputed fact that Evra first talked to Suarez. He did so in Spanish! Why would a Frenchman in England talk to him in Spanish? Could it be to provoke Luis into saying something he could later complain about? It is after all much easier to swear and use provocative words in your native language.

Then that racism piece in the press.

It did work as planned, probably even better, for Fergie. 100% success in his mind I suppose. I’m still angry our club didn’t stand up to fight this. Cowards!

I don't think it was pre-meditated. It was opportunistic.