You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ray Donovan

stevebaby

This is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Ray is a fixer for a Los Angeles law firm...he makes the problems of the rich and famous go away by whatever means necessary. Great acting and characters and excellent scripts. It should appeal to anyone who enjoyed the Sopranos or the Wire.Get on it.

watchseries.lt/episode/Ray_Donovan_s1_e1html

• Upvote 1

Fair enough we each have our own opinions but I think it's average. Some terrible overacting by voight, punchy and the wife is annoying as hell and the kids are pointless. You also never feel ray is in danger.

It has it's moments as schriber is excellent as Ray. It could have been very very good but lacks it for me. Decent enough to pass the time though.

Mostly his wife just gets on my tits.

Fair enough we each have our own opinions but I think it's average. Some terrible overacting by voight, punchy and the wife is annoying as hell and the kids are pointless. You also never feel ray is in danger.

It has it's moments as schriber is excellent as Ray. It could have been very very good but lacks it for me. Decent enough to pass the time though.

Mostly his wife just gets on my tits.

I'm just hoping someone gives her a good punch right in the face. I really liked Voight. He's nailed a psychopath perfectly, but yes, he probably is over acting a bit.

This is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Ray is a fixer for a Los Angeles law firm...he makes the problems of the rich and famous go away by whatever means necessary. Great acting and characters and excellent scripts. It should appeal to anyone who enjoyed the Sopranos or the Wire.Get on it.

watchseries.lt/episode/Ray_Donovan_s1_e1html

Decent idea for a show but totally wank acting , to put this in the same category as the the sopranos is totally unforgivable . you deserve a good lashing .

In terms of drama shows boardwalk beats it to death in terms of quality in every department it's not a bad show just lacks that extra.

Ira (Ross and Monica's dad) is fucking woeful he certainly is phoning it in. I wish they looked at some of the support more avi and the lesbian for a start are interesting and have mileage in them. Instead we et the kids.

In terms of drama shows boardwalk beats it to death in terms of quality in every department it's not a bad show just lacks that extra.Ira (Ross and Monica's dad) is fucking woeful he certainly is phoning it in. I wish they looked at some of the support more avi and the lesbian for a start are interesting and have mileage in them. Instead we et the kids.

Your only point of reference for Elliott Gould is Friends? That's not good

Think it's a brilliant show obviously not a classic by any means but great viewing, and personally this series was better than the last.

Though the episode where Ray's lad had his birthday party was one of the best episodes of TV I've seen for a while.

I also think Schreiber would make a great Jack Reacher.....rather than Tom (thumb) Cruise

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Getting bored of this now.

The first season was pretty darn good. Voight was outstanding.

The second series was less good.

The third season is less good again. It's just getting beyond stupid. Even Ian McShane is rubbish.

I see it's getting a fourth season. Hmmm.

• 4 years later...