You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle East Thread

Red Phoenix

First the complaint was that bombing would kill too many, now the complaint is that it's not killing enough.

When someone is damned if they do and damned if they don't, the only conclusion one can come to is that our governments can do no right in some people's eyes.

Whether that is because those folk are impossible to please, or simply that they just hate Britain, is a question I've no real interest in knowing the answer to.

You did not answer the question, do you agree on the enforcement to buy Israeli goods?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/israel-boycott-local-councils-public-bodies-and-student-unions-to-be-banned-from-shunning-israeli-a6874006.html

For people who believe in a free capitalist environment where you buy what you want to buy and fuck off what you want to fuck off, it appears that some things are not that easy to fuck off.

Yes very funny.

But when Islamonazi SS Tayyip Adolf Erdogan, visited Ecuador and Chile this month, there were mass demonstrations for the Kurdish Genocide by Islamonazi Turkey. I bet you have not heard anything about those demonstrations by your cunt media.

When the Turkish dictator visits the E.U., you welcome him with red carpets.

I'm confused, one of the arguments against bombing was collateral damage so we were told that every effort would be taken to avoid civilian deaths. Sounds like that's happening. Where's the issue?

Do you genuinely not understand the point? Because you either don't, or you and Stronts are once again lowering yourselves to posting drivel in order to troll people.

The point being made was that one of the reasons it was apparently necessary for us to get involved was to use our fancy bombs, and that maybe that that actually wasn't so important if they still haven't used any of them. 

Now, trying to be grown up about talking to other people; do you understand that point?

• Upvote 1

Do you genuinely not understand the point? Because you either don't, or you and Stronts are once again lowering yourselves to posting drivel in order to troll people.

The point being made was that one of the reasons it was apparently necessary for us to get involved was to use our fancy bombs, and that maybe that that actually wasn't so important if they still haven't used any of them.

Now, trying to be grown up about talking to other people; do you understand that point?

Stu - I've decided that the 'grown up' thing is an attempt to wind me up so I'm just going to ignore it and you from now on. Have fun.

The point I'm obviously making and you are ignoring is that the bomb can be as smart as you but if it's not deemed appropriate to use it because of the risk of collateral damage it won't be used.

Stu - I've decided that the 'grown up' thing is an attempt to wind me up so I'm just going to ignore it and you from now on. Have fun.

The point I'm obviously making and you are ignoring is that the bomb can be as smart as you but if it's not deemed appropriate to use it because of the risk of collateral damage it won't be used.

It isn't an attempt to wind you up at all, it's an attempt to get you to stop posting some of this daft trolling you have been doing and bring some quality to the conversation, which you can when you're not doing the cheap stuff.

That wasn't the point you were making. If it was, and if you worded it like that then you'd have got a different response. It's also not, in any way, a decent riposte to the idea that we had to get involved because we had special fancy bombs that were needed to help the efforts, is it? That was the point you responded to. A point that is totally correct. They can't claim that the weapon they have is essential to the fight, then not use it and expect people not top point out their first claim was clearly bollocks.

We got involved to be one of the "big boys" and to decrease the chances of the outcome being a stable Syria ruled by Assad, not because our super special bombs were needed.

Did you click through to the Amnesty report?

Or are we saying Amnesty is no longer a credible organisation?

No I read the quotes in the article. They didnt offer evidence other than that it was aimed at the fsa.

Whats not credible for anyone is claiming russia has committed war crimes and omitting turkey, usa, saudis, fsf, isis etc and offering no evidence for it.

No I read the quotes in the article. They didnt offer evidence other than that it was aimed at the fsa.

Whats not credible for anyone is claiming russia has committed war crimes and omitting turkey, usa, saudis, fsf, isis etc and offering no evidence for it.

click through then.

So, at the end of every article condemning an action they should caveat it with "X y and z are also bad"? Mentalist.