You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Bit of an oldie- I was going to re-watch Buffy with my youngest- he's 13 and we thought it'd be nice to do something that didn't involve him sitting in his room constantly playing GTA, Fortnite or Rainbow 6 with his mates. Sadly, he didn't get into it, and went back to sitting in his room constantly playing GTA, Fortnite or Rainbow 6 with his mates.

Surprisingly though, I'm really enjoying it and I've carried on watching it. It's still smart and funny and Buffy and Cordelia are hot as fuck. The angsty bits with Angel are a bit dull, but the story arcs are done well, and the monster of the week episodes are often great fun. Solid 8/10 so far, but I remember it disappearing up its arse in later series, so I'll watch up to Hush with the creepy Gentlemen (which freaked my missus out when we first watched it about 15-20 years ago), then maybe switch to Angel for some more Charisma Carpenter goodness.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Netflix Ted Bundy tapes thing is fucking garbage, hugely disappointing, boring as shite.

I’m half way through the last one and I think it’s been excellent. Obviously I’d heard about him but didn’t really know much about the story at all. You really get a feel for how obviously fucked up he was, the bits in court where he’s defending himself are fucking mad. His escapes from jail and gettting picked up in Florida and no one knowing who he is and he won’t ID himself. The most wanted man on the FBI list, getting picked up in Florida where there’s been other murders, his face appearing in every newspaper and no one identified him until he come clean. Obviously pre internet but it’s unbelievable. 9/10.

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

8.2 on IMBD, is it not?

I can’t be arsed watching stuff about serial

killers. Plays on my mind and gives me nightmares. 

It used to be a subject that carried a lot of fascination for me, then I started getting interested in how the police solved them. Then I just started thinking about how grim the subject is, how final a death is and now just cannot watch it, like yourself. I'd like to watch the Ted Bundy one but I don't think I'd watch it for very long.

Halfway through the new Korean show Kingdom on Netflix.

The king of Korea is dying but to stop his adult son from taking over from him his new wife, who is pregnant and a month away from giving birth to the new heir, gets a physician from the other side of the country to come in to give him a ‘resurrection plant’ to keep him alive, which turns him into a zombie.

The crown prince goes to try and locate  the physician and finds the disease has spread and every nightfall the zombies are coming to life.

Some of the acting is terrible, really bad overacting, don’t know if it’s the norm for Korean TV but it’s amusing. Apart from that it’s decent, the zombies are boss in it. Nothing like The Walking Dead ones, these are more like 28 days later, fast as fuck and just swarm people who are themselves turned almost instantaneously after being bitten. It’s basically Samurai Vs Zombies. 

7.5/10 so far.

54 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Just watched the documentary about the Fyre festival. 

Quite interesting, but fucking hell they are a bunch of cunts, including the punters that got ripped off.

I think I felt sorry for one person in the entire thing. 

Just watched it myself

Amongst a sea of cunts Ja Rule came across as the biggest. How did he not end up in jail with the fat lad?

12 hours ago, Special K said:

Just watched it myself

Amongst a sea of cunts Ja Rule came across as the biggest. How did he not end up in jail with the fat lad?

Probably the only one slippery enough to ensure that his name isn't directly involved in the organisation side, so can't take any blame. 

The fat lad reminds me of Eddie Hearn, got that same slimy self-aggrandizing salesman attitude. And the same fat face with squinty eyes. I have no idea how people are willing to trust these cunts with tens of millions of investment. I would have fucked him off the second he opened his mouth. 

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

I thought the Ted Bundy thing was pretty good, first episose wasn't amazing but it drew me in after that, was pretty intense in places & I don't think it overstayed it's welcome.

Just watched the first two this evening. Enjoying it so far. What a fucking bastard though. 

He had great taste in women though ! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just watched the first two this evening. Enjoying it so far. What a fucking bastard though. 

He had great taste in women though ! 

As I always say to children in the pub, 'If you're going to repeatedly rape a corpse, make sure the bird at least has nice tits.'.

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2019 at 11:55 AM, liverpoolsno9 said:

I’m half way through the last one and I think it’s been excellent. Obviously I’d heard about him but didn’t really know much about the story at all. You really get a feel for how obviously fucked up he was, the bits in court where he’s defending himself are fucking mad. His escapes from jail and gettting picked up in Florida and no one knowing who he is and he won’t ID himself. The most wanted man on the FBI list, getting picked up in Florida where there’s been other murders, his face appearing in every newspaper and no one identified him until he come clean. Obviously pre internet but it’s unbelievable. 9/10.

I liked it too. I found it interesting as it forced a completely new way of profiling and catching criminals and coined the phrase 'serial killer.' There was a good case for letting him live a bit longer to extract more information and profile him further but the US blood lust wouldn't wait. It also shows again how stupid some US judges and law enforcement officers really are.