You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The funniest shit I've seen. Couldn't breathe.

I struggled to watch some of it, honestly. I was actually looking through my fingers at half of it. The way the reality star was willing to lie, the rep. was willing to shout racist obscenities and get his ass out, and then the meeting at the end... oh my God. It's a very unkind view into American society, but also quite illuminating for some who haven't seen this sort of thing first hand before.

• Upvote 1

I struggled to watch some of it, honestly. I was actually looking through my fingers at half of it. The way the reality star was willing to lie, the rep. was willing to shout racist obscenities and get his ass out, and then the meeting at the end... oh my God. It's a very unkind view into American society, but also quite illuminating for some who haven't seen this sort of thing first hand before.

The ending sequence was pretty fucking harrowing, tbf. I thought it was amazing, though. Sacha Baron Cohen might just be the most talented person on the planet. Genius.

• Upvote 1

The meeting hall with the mosque announcement? Unreal.

Were you really that surprised by it? When he said a Mosque, I was half expecting him to get leathered by those rednecks. I actually thought their reaction was fairly tame.

The clip posted above featuring the boy chasing him around with his bare arse shouting 'USA' was absolutely tremendous though.

The ending sequence was pretty fucking harrowing, tbf. I thought it was amazing, though. Sacha Baron Cohen might just be the most talented person on the planet. Genius.

He should receive a Nobel Peace Prize. To have the balls, wit and humanity to do that is incredible.

Just watching the first episode now...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

How she offers to give her some of her pubes and then let’s them film her with the bathroom door open as she’s pulling them up.

I was fucking roaring with laughter!

Just watching the first episode now...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

How she offers to give her some of her pubes and then let’s them film her with the bathroom door open as she’s pulling them up.

I was fucking roaring with laughter!

Haha, that scene was superb. She was great, lovely lass.

Just watched the first episode of Who in America... Wow...just wow.

Ignoring the comedy aspect for the minute, which was brilliant, their approach to the gun laws in arming 4 year old and the ease at which they appear to go along with the whole lot is really fucking scary.

These are people of "power and influence".

The are gallery owner was ace. Wai was waiting for her to say "well I would contribute but it'll take me a few weeks.."

Borat is probably the worst thing that could have happened to Sacha Baron Cohen.

I mean it was successful and made him a load of money, but the amount of exposure he received made it so much harder for him to do things like this, which is his biggest strength. He used to do shit like this to the Americans all the time back in the Ali G days.

It's taken about a decade for the fame to die down enough to be able to pull this off, and even then its with a load of prosthetics.

Brilliant stuff.

Westworld Series 2. Just finished binge watching this.

A simple story told in an overly convoluted manner. Nice to look at but a bit shit

Yeah they complicated the shit out of it. I still enjoyed in but next season they need to follow a linear path.

Castle Rock. 3 episodes in 8/10.

Nice, subtle references to happenings in King's books, but you don't need to have read any to get into what is an original story. The overall feel is classic King - small town decay, disperate characters with their own stories which are subtly intertwined, flashbacks cleverly used to add to the story, touches of the supernatural, secrets spanning decades, and a population looking the other way rather than acknowledge the underlying truths about their town. All unfolding at a steady pace.

If you like King's work its well worth a watch. If you don't know King's work, give it a try.

• Upvote 1

Castle Rock. 3 episodes in 8/10.

Nice, subtle references to happenings in King's books, but you don't need to have read any to get into what is an original story. The overall feel is classic King - small town decay, disperate characters with their own stories which are subtly intertwined, flashbacks cleverly used to add to the story, touches of the supernatural, secrets spanning decades, and a population looking the other way rather than acknowledge the underlying truths about their town. All unfolding at a steady pace.

If you like King's work its well worth a watch. If you don't know King's work, give it a try.

Didn't even know that had started. Will definitely watch that. Repped.