You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup 5th round

Megadrive Man

Why do you keep having a pop at Jones? What exactly did he do that was so shockingly bad that it's worthy of comment every 5 minutes. He was absolutely fine apart from kicking the ball into touch in injury time and made one great save. Other than that he barely had anything to do

I was horrified to see him selected but I'll take back what I said about him . He wasnt to blame today. Missed chances and a biased ref did the damage 

suarez sturridge coutinho were all off the boil today and no one else to contribute goals.

days like this when we re wasteful in front of goal expose how poor we are defensively. agger left for dead by oxlade chamberlain and flanagan not switched on to where podolski was.

Can't have any complaints about the performance. Just wasn't our day. I said on Wednesday Sturridge has to be one of the most reliable finishers in one on one situations and then he misses three of them in the next match so I'll take that back for now as it seemed to jinx him. Webb was an absolute twat the whole game and how on earth he doesn't give that penalty on Suarez when he's looking right at it from a yard away I'll never know. Maybe a case of a ref not wanting to give 2 penalties to an away team or more likely Webb just being his usual incompetent/bent self whenever he referees us. Really thought Agger was going to score with that header at the end too. Oh well - let's just concentrate on finishing as high as possible in the league now.

This from the Guardian's MBM:

65 min: Suarez steps up to take the free-kick and hammers it into the wall. But the ball falls back to him and he bursts past Oxlade-Chamberlain, who sends him flying with a preposterous challenge! It should be another penalty to Liverpool but we’re playing Howard Webb rules now. The clown awards a free-kick. Well done, Howard! World Cup for you!

Clown, indeed. But none of it will matter as Webb is the David Moyes of referees.

Gutted about this result. We were by far the better team, but couldn't score. Arsenal are obviously pleased to win, but they must still feel a lot of uncertainty after this. They were outplayed at their own place.

I'm listening to the spastics now on 5live they actually think they were good today.  We were all over them for most of the match.

Utter shite and gutless. but on the plus side, we only have the league to play for now.

But seriously, two other stonewall penos not given, and a very weak first half, WTF happened between thrashing them the other week and now?

We didn't take our chances especially Sturridge.  We could have easily scored 5 or more again today.  Sadly we can't rely on our joke of a defence so we have to score when the opportunity arises.

• Upvote 1

Why do you keep having a pop at Jones? What exactly did he do that was so shockingly bad that it's worthy of comment every 5 minutes. He was absolutely fine apart from kicking the ball into touch in injury time and made one great save. Other than that he barely had anything to do

Because it's a public football forum on the internet and I'm entitled to voice my opinion that Brad Jones is shit if I want to. Fact is the first goal came from him bottling a catch which Mignolet would have made. To be fair my gran would have made that and she's been dead since 1995.

Granted he didn't have a great deal else to do but if you take the post you quoted in context it was about Webb costing us the game, not Jones.

Good performance, poor result.

Last few seasons we've seen that about a million times, and we were probably overdue for one of those games. If so, I'm glad it's come in the cup and not in the league.

we never win at the emirates.

could easily have been another rout if sturridge had scored early on

Phone call to Howard Webb from the head of S Yorkshire police, tonight,

"Howard, that's two points you cost em at Chelsea which could cost em champions league football or the title and you just knocked the fuckers out of the Fa cup, well done"

HW " you know from experience you can rely on me boys"