You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So...Manchester City!

WhiskeyJar

Manchester City vs Liverpool  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Loss

Imagine if we won here, fucking hell. Going to be very tough but we dominated them home and away last season and a lot of their shit results in recent years have been against teams with a high energy, mobile midfield. Yaya is great when he's on it but sometimes he cant be bothered, hopefully he has too much turkey on the 25th.

I went for a loss in the poll if it means we will win in real-life, I'm all up for it. We have a chance, Aguero is out but Kompany is back which is very important for their defence. I'd say we wll score 1 or 2, but concede as well. 2-2 or maybe 3-2 loss, I guess.. Would be happy if we played like we wanted to win and see how it goes..

genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this ended up 5-5!

looking forward to it anyway, could well get beaten as they are the best side in the league in my opinion but despite only getting 2 draws and them having a different set up I felt last seasons games against City were 2 of our best that season and we've improved shit loads since!

Honestly, I think we're going to lose this one. And if we play like we did in the 2nd half against Cardiff we will get a right battering. 

Away to City is the only place I worry that we'd get royally spanked unless our defence is absolutely at the top of their game. And unfortunately the defensive side of our team has been lacking all season. 

Brendan will need to get it spot on and the team will need to keep up the intensity for the entire 90 minutes (and not switch off in the 2nd half as we've done all season) if we want to get anything out of this match. 

With Luis though, you never know. If he gets a few decent chances (which he will probably create himself) we can get a few goals to make it a really interesting match. 

Could be a 4-3

get your money on 2-2 though. Thats a frequent result in this fixture

This season, 7-7 could be just as likely.  The only thing that you can safely say won't happen is 0-0.

I think we'll lose here and at Rentboy Bridge, but I'm losing no sleep about that.  If we get a point (or more) from either game I'll be happy enough.  If we win both games I'll be bouncing off the walls from New year until May!

• Upvote 1

This season, 7-7 could be just as likely.  The only thing that you can safely say won't happen is 0-0.

I think we'll lose here and at Rentboy Bridge, but I'm losing no sleep about that.  If we get a point (or more) from either game I'll be happy enough.  If we win both games I'll be bouncing off the walls from New year until May!

It's funny how things change!

Three years ago when it was Mancini vs Benitez this was nailed on for a 0-0.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8518845.stm

This game was described as one of the worst Premier League games of all time!

Noone is expecting us to get anything here so all pressure is on city, they are shaky at the back and am in no doubt that they will be worrying a bit about playing us.

Suarez gives prem defenders a fear factor right now and I can see him getting the better of the defence, midfield will be key though.Our players should go out with no fear and I am expecting a draw at least but what the fans and players need to remember is winning the next 2 games will not mean we will win league and loseing the next two will not mean we are out of the race.

There is a lot of games to go and they will drop points after jan, anything out of these games should be seen as a bonus and I dont see them as deciding where we will finish.

I think we can win this, but needless to say I would take a draw. If we press them effectively and get good service to the front 3/4 then there are definitely goals in it for us. Their defence is poor right now and both goalkeepers are mediocre. If we are going to win then we will need to make their midfield and wide players uncomfortable by playing at a high pace and giving them no time on the ball.

This is one of those weird games where almost any result is possible. Could be a classic.

Wish it was Chelsea before City. I would fancy us to get something from chelsea and that would give us more confidence to face city. It s one of them games we expect to lose but often win.

Have to be honest though and I think we might get truly turned over in this and would not surprise me to see us lose this by about three goals.

Though you just never know with Suarez or which Liverpool will turn up.

The worst thing would be to defend set pieces like we did against Cardiff. If Caulker gave Skrtel trouble, I dread to think how he'll cope with either Dzeko or Toure.

It's tough to say how to play it, attack too freely and open the game up and you risk leaving space for Navas to run into.

Luckily their defence looks wonky, Demichelis' weird positioning seems like it's causing Kompany a few problems. Suarez could easily bag a few running at the former.

I voted for a loss though, as that's what i thought would happen against Spurs, so I'm hoping likewise pessimism might bring us another 0-5.