You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

These girls in Peru

Bjornebye

I dont think drugs ruin lives more than Hollyoaks, Eastenders, Coronation street, Farmville, Jeremy Kyle, people who dont take any drugs, people who dont take drugs but drink too much, the daily slaughter in abbatoirs up and down the country, Microwave meals, the dehumanisation in wearing a suit, pesticide crop spraying, high heels, Macdonalds, help for heroes marketing strategies, the rising cost of a chomp, shoe soles that provide no grip, father christmas, government austerity, pregnancy, puberty, cold callers or Jimmy Saville. Thats just off the top of my head, Im sure theres more to add to that list.

Instead drugs provide joy and fun to millions who need to big up their otherwise worthless lives, a good drug habit is good for the economy as is any good drug dealer.

Drugs are nothing, a mere footnote so they should let the hotties free Im offering them an open door to my home and I will treat them as equally as my other bitches.

Some idiotic responses to Champ and bouncebrigade here.

I hate cocaine, I hate heroin. I have seen both drugs destroy, yes destroy families and peoples lives.

I know some people sre trying to have a laugh but have some respect for people who don't share the same viee as yourselves on this serious topic.

As for those two girls, full of shit they are.

Why's that then Cochyn?

Not so much the content, more the form: In daily life, Dennis, do you talk like you write on here?

Anyway, back on topic: 11 fucking kilos through customs, that's the size of two breeze blocks, surely? Were they fucking mad? They'd pull you if you tried to get 11kg of sand out the country let alone top-grade Charlie.

I hate cocaine, I hate heroin. I have seen both drugs destroy, yes destroy families and peoples lives.

I know some people sre trying to have a laugh but have some respect for people who don't share the same viee as yourselves on this serious topic.

Good post, also agree with the bold part.

Well tell that to the two lads I went to school with who died from heroin overdoses.

And my cousin who nearly died and nearly lost everything.

It's not really the drug's fault though is it? It's more the people that use it.

Not to be flippant but drugs haven't killed me. But that's probably because I've never taken any.

Not so much the content, more the form: In daily life, Dennis, do you talk like you write on here?

Anyway, back on topic: 11 fucking kilos through customs, that's the size of two breeze blocks, surely? Were they fucking mad? They'd pull you if you tried to get 11kg of sand out the country let alone top-grade Charlie.

Depends who Im talking to and the effect it will result in.

Well tell that to the two lads I went to school with who died from heroin overdoses.

To be honest, mate, i'd rather tell them that there was a clinic they could go to where they could get clean needles and pure heroin in safe doses so them and other kids wouldn't end up dead

It's not really the drug's fault though is it? It's more the people that use it.

Not to be flippant but drugs haven't killed me. But that's probably because I've never taken any.

Its not just the deaths drugs misuse causes its the impact on the many more lives of users and those around them. Neo- natal abstinence syndrome anyone?

Ive seen a lot of things, that are not drugs destroy people's lives, Ive seen women destroy mens lives and vice versa, there are lots of things that do that, drugs are not necessarily one of them, depends how you deal with it.

If people whose lives was ruined by drugs, had the drugs taken away, would they just go and hit the ale? Are they then going to ban that?

Its been driven by its illegality, with little help available for those who need it.

Meanwhile the poppy fields thrive in Afganistan under our occupation.

It doesnt have to be a laugh its just a disagreement and its not to say if I was in your shoes I would disagree with you but Im not and I cant. I see your perspective yet there are victims of many things that they as a result wish to ban which could be anything from cigarettes to cars to gambling but the population demands such things and I think its just a get out to pin the blame on one thing and rather simplistic but there you go.

Its not just the deaths drugs misuse causes its the impact on the many more lives of users and those around them. Neo- natal abstinence syndrome anyone?

Do you gamble?

"Neonatal withdrawal or neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) is a withdrawal syndrome of infants, caused by the cessation of the administration of licit or illicit drugs"

That can be alcohol, prescription drugs and many things.

Cocaine not being one of them I might add.

I'll get Clinton Baptiste to pass the message on.

Seriously though, I understand where your coming from, I lost one friend through smack, and another through mixing his drinks (vodka and methodone), but I've also got family who are completely fucked because of whiskey and I watched my uncle fade and die of lung cancer (I well up just thinking about that one), but no-one gets self righteous about the fags and booze- which, based wholly on my own experience, are nailed on guaranteed to fuck you up.

To be honest, mate, i'd rather tell them that there was a clinic they could go to where they could get clean needles and pure heroin in safe doses so them and other kids wouldn't end up dead

There aren't enough of those clinics though. Pure heroin does not exist on the streets and methadone is no heroin substitute.

All drugs should be made legal in my opinion. Monitored and distributed correctly and cleanly.

The are only still illegal because it's a political stance that can be thrown into any manifesto. The money that can be made from the drug trade would wipe out all world debt in no time.

Are you really in position to make a comment on drugs if you haven't tried them?

Heroin users are always chasing that very first hit. No heroin on the street is going to give them that same feeling.

Now put a young girl in Paisley,Scotland with no hope of a decent future, a domineering fella who pushes heroin on to her. Keeps her away from her family. He gets her pregnant, he kicks it but keeps feeding her getting her seriously hooked. Kids get taken away from her and given to the ex boyfriend. She is left on her own with no hope of getting off without serious help, except that help isn't around enough for her (not her fault or those that are trying to help her) to kick the habit. You tell me when all she has is a dark and damp flat in the shittiest area of where she lives, no electricity or gas because the heroin is what her life has become all about, even though something still inside her knows that she needs to stop.

Go and sit in a room with ex heroin addicts and let them tell you the tales of how it takes over and consumes everything about them after one injection and then say it is about the people who take it.

Maybe even try a spliff or some heroin and come back and say the exact same thing you posted. Then maybe I would admit your point had some credence. Bet you actually think there is a war on drugs as well don't you?

I'll get Clinton Baptiste to pass the message on.

Seriously though, I understand where your coming from, I lost one friend through smack, and another through mixing his drinks (vodka and methodone), but I've also got family who are completely fucked because of whiskey and I watched my uncle fade and die of lung cancer (I well up just thinking about that one), but no-one gets self righteous about the fags and booze- which, based wholly on my own experience, are nailed on guaranteed to fuck you up.

I disagree about people not getting self righteous about booze and cigs. Everyday I hear people going about people in work who smoke. I smoke, I smoke weed, I enjoy a beer and I love a whisky (a good one though) would I ever condemn anybody for being ill with lung cancer for smoking? No, they made their choice. Heroin is a hell of a mighty difference, it is not a lifestyle choice as smoking and drinking will tend be more of a life choice. There is fun involved in drinking, there is no fun in heroin whatsoever.

I have lost people close to me through drinking and smoking so understand where you are coming from. It's hard when you can't do anything however not one of those people we lost in our (my family) lives ever turned around and said 'I wished I had never done that' you will never met a heroin addict who said 'It's boss this, loving how life turned out' it is more 'I wish I was dead' line.

Do you gamble?

"Neonatal withdrawal or neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) is a withdrawal syndrome of infants' date=' caused by the cessation of the administration of licit or illicit drugs"

That can be alcohol, prescription drugs and many things.

Cocaine not being one of them I might add.[/quote']

Does paying in for the odd Predictions game count?

No, I am no gambler. For me I haven't enough spare cash to get any enjoyment out of it, I have the odd drink and don't smoke. A proper bore, me.

I absolutely agree with you about the inconsistent approaches of governments for...forever towards drugs of all kinds and agree that alcohol is far more dangerous across the population than other illicit drugs but I was trying to respond to posts that appeared too quick to cast those who didn't think it was all a good wheeze as Daily Mail readers.

I have little personal experience of problematic drug taking but at work come into daily contact with those whose already disadvantaged lives are blighted by drug misuse, including babies born with NAS; difficult to care for babies who had no choice in the matter. And so the cycle of damage continues

My Mrs is going to Peru to walk the Inca Trail next month.

She best not be as daft as to do this.

Yeah, like you haven't been thinking this might be a chance to get rid of her.

"Er, I'll pack your suitcase if you like, luv..."

SM talking a lot of sense in that post above about illegal drugs, but I'd disagree about alcohol, which can be every bit as destructive.

As for the girls in Peru, I'd always subscribe to innocent until proven guilty, but their version of events sounds very flimsy.

SM talking a lot of sense in that post above about illegal drugs' date=' but I'd disagree about alcohol, which can be every bit as destructive.

As for the girls in Peru, I'd always subscribe to innocent until proven guilty, but their version of events sounds very flimsy.[/quote']

Oh I don't deny it is destructive, got an auntie who is an alcoholic and my Grandad was as well.

There aren't enough of those clinics though. Pure heroin does not exist on the streets and methadone is no heroin substitute.

All drugs should be made legal in my opinion. Monitored and distributed correctly and cleanly.

The are only still illegal because it's a political stance that can be thrown into any manifesto. The money that can be made from the drug trade would wipe out all world debt in no time.

Are you really in position to make a comment on drugs if you haven't tried them?

Heroin users are always chasing that very first hit. No heroin on the street is going to give them that same feeling.

Now put a young girl in Paisley,Scotland with no hope of a decent future, a domineering fella who pushes heroin on to her. Keeps her away from her family. He gets her pregnant, he kicks it but keeps feeding her getting her seriously hooked. Kids get taken away from her and given to the ex boyfriend. She is left on her own with no hope of getting off without serious help, except that help isn't around enough for her (not her fault or those that are trying to help her) to kick the habit. You tell me when all she has is a dark and damp flat in the shittiest area of where she lives, no electricity or gas because the heroin is what her life has become all about, even though something still inside her knows that she needs to stop.

Go and sit in a room with ex heroin addicts and let them tell you the tales of how it takes over and consumes everything about them after one injection and then say it is about the people who take it.

Maybe even try a spliff or some heroin and come back and say the exact same thing you posted. Then maybe I would admit your point had some credence. Bet you actually think there is a war on drugs as well don't you?

I disagree about people not getting self righteous about booze and cigs. Everyday I hear people going about people in work who smoke. I smoke, I smoke weed, I enjoy a beer and I love a whisky (a good one though) would I ever condemn anybody for being ill with lung cancer for smoking? No, they made their choice. Heroin is a hell of a mighty difference, it is not a lifestyle choice as smoking and drinking will tend be more of a life choice. There is fun involved in drinking, there is no fun in heroin whatsoever.

I have lost people close to me through drinking and smoking so understand where you are coming from. It's hard when you can't do anything however not one of those people we lost in our (my family) lives ever turned around and said 'I wished I had never done that' you will never met a heroin addict who said 'It's boss this, loving how life turned out' it is more 'I wish I was dead' line.

This is my point

That's why i hate the drugs kill line. If it was clean and controlled in a nice clinic then it wouldn't kill. Still not advisable but not deadly.

We as a society chose to make it deadly by making it illegal and by making it's victims into desperate criminals to fund pumping shit into their veins

Im sorry but i have very little sympathy for drug addicts.

I watched my dads life get consumed by them to the extent that he choose them over his family so as harsh as it may sound to some.Fuck them,they made the choice to take them.

He had plenty of chances to get clean and would always fall back into the same shit time and again.Turned into a lying twat always with the sob stories.

I dont care if people want to do them that is up to them but fuck will i every feel they are a victim.the victim are the families not them.

There was a guy on 5 live yesterday who had stayed at the prison they're likely to be in.

He said there were cockroaches everywhere and inmates had to share single mattresses in a dark room at night. People shit and pissed in plastic bags at night but because it was dark they would often miss... and fights would break out.

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

hahaha surely anywhere you shit in bag you know your in real trouble

Drugs kill, kill tens of thousands of innocents in the cross fire each year in places like Mexico. People who can't go to school or are too afraid to go out of their house because their towns and villages have been designated war zones because of the "war on drugs".

Point is the prohibition of anything has repercussions further and wider than the relative few who deal in or partake in such activities.

Smackheads, while it's easy to hate them and think they're the scum of the earth, not many of us will know how it feels exactly to be physically addicted to something. I'm not excusing lying or stealing, but when you're body and mind need that junk, what can you do?

I've spoke to recovered addicts and it took one of them 6 months to get addicted and the other 8. My heart broke for these two guys, growing up in a block of flats surrounded by adults shooting up, strung out not giving a fuck if their kids went hungry or to school. A lot of us probably didn't have the best childhoods, I know things started going downhill for me when I was 15, but I still had shoes on my feet, presents under the Christmas tree and food in my belly, these poor fuckers had nothing and nobody. They'd go to school and people would ridicule them for wearing rags and stinking, where is the hope for people like this? What else can they do but get sucked in as well?

It's easy for us educated, well brought up folk to say 'I'd never do that shit, fuck them lot' because we'll never truly understand. My mum's sister was an alcoholic and became one because her husband of God knows how long cheated on her for years and years. When he fucked off she had nothing and spiralled into depression and drank herself into oblivion. No one in the village felt any sympathy for the woman, most of the family didn't either, I know I didn't for the longest time. Everyone thought she was an embarrassment and distanced themselves from her. Looking back, what was she supposed to do after that? Tell herself everything would be OK? Or go buy a bottle and drown her sorrows? It's too easy to say 'I'd do this, I wouldn't do that' but people don't get in these situations because they're less of a person, they do so due to circumstance.

Very few people are going to try heroin for the craic (though I sadly know people that have) but no matter why they did start I feel bad for these people. They might not get my money, but I certainly don't look down on them or brand them scum. There's a story behind every action and most of them aren't pretty.

• Upvote 1