You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not really.....especially if you have no interest in fucking either of them

I'm shocked and appalled by your language, Cath. Jesus.

Boss day of tennis. Watched all of the Djokovic match, a real classic that one. Best I've seen since the Federer - Nadal final from a few years ago. Flicked in and out of the first 2 sets of Murray's match as we had a BBQ going but enjoyed the end all the same. Hard to see him beating Novak on Sunday though, the fact that his match lasted so long will have no effect on the gritty little bastard.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a genuine quality player now Murray, over the last 18 months he's finally joined that bracket of the top four players. Prior to last year he probably would have lost that semi-final.

Absolutely and think what it would be like without him. No other Brit mens player has come close since Henman retired. Hopefully Robson will come good and Watson is pretty decent if she can get over the illness properly but our mens game looks fucked beyond Murray.

I enjoyed that, despite knowing tennis is shit.

It is shit and gay but I too enjoyed it but not as much as I would enjoy a team sport involving a spherical object and lower limbs.

When the TV was showing the audience I just thought, 'they all look like cunts'. When it was zooming in on Murray's family I just thought 'you are a bunch of big posh sods who happen to be Scottish'.

Tennis is just like the human version of F1. If you made it, you are probably privileged. We are all so excited about it because a Scottish (and therefore British when he is playing well) is world number 2 - 4 (it fluctuated whenever the better ones are injured).

I'm the British player ranked 554. And I have never played tennis but I do have a well defined right bicep.

It is shit and gay but I too enjoyed it but not as much as I would enjoy a team sport involving a spherical object and lower limbs.

When the TV was showing the audience I just thought, 'they all look like cunts'. When it was zooming in on Murray's family I just thought 'you are a bunch of big posh sods who happen to be Scottish'.

Tennis is just like the human version of F1. If you made it, you are probably privileged. We are all so excited about it because a Scottish (and therefore British when he is playing well) is world number 2 - 4 (it fluctuated whenever the better ones are injured).

I'm the British player ranked 554. And I have never played tennis but I do have a well defined right bicep.

They're definitely not posh but Judy Murray was a decent enough player I believe. Murray has definitely done it the tough way and certainly doesn't have a Tim Henman type upbringing.

They're definitely not posh but Judy Murray was a decent enough player I believe. Murray has definitely done it the tough way and certainly doesn't have a Tim Henman type upbringing.

Pillar of the community sort of family. Not wealthy. I was at school with his uncles. State school, same as Judy. Jamie and Andy went the same schools later on. His grandfather played for Hibs and later, although I only knew him as the optician in the town.

Pillar of the community sort of family. Not wealthy. I was at school with his uncles. State school' date=' same as Judy. Jamie and Andy went the same schools later on. His grandfather played for Hibs and later, although I only knew him as the optician in the town.[/quote']

Put it in the 'famous people you've met' thread.

He'll be glad that he got the game out of the way under the roof while some in his half may start to get a bit of a match pile-up if the rain hangs around.

Tried looking for interest bets to keep me involved & have basically kept away from Serena & Djokovic's halves of the draw & tried a few £5 each-ways on Bartoli ( 50/1 ) Janowicz ( 66/1 ) and Youzhny ( 200/1 )

Got a really good run out of all 3 of them ( Andy bleeding Murray ruined both of my men's wagers !!!) but always felt Bartoli's odds were very tempting.

I felt a bit sorry for her to be honest, she has been brilliant & battered her way through everybody without losing a set & has been totally ignored by the BBC ( The website didn't even mention her last 16 game in their covering article - just the other 7 games ) all fortnight, presumably because she doesn't belong in the Sports-Illustrated bikini issue.

Why have they scheduled both semi finals to be played on Centre Court? The first one could potentially go on for a 5th set and get dragged out before reaching a conclusion, then the same could happen in the other semi final once it eventually gets under way. It would be better to use both main courts and stagger the start times by an hour, and shift all the matches that nobody really gives a fuck about (doubles, kiddies and old fogeys) to the outer courts.
Centre courts tickets cost £105 for the semi-final stage. I'd be pissed off if I only got to see one game. Added to that it has a roof and people want to watch both semi-finals. The rest of the tournament involves multiple matches on the same court, so I don't think it's a big deal really. I much prefer it this way.

Overweight, mediocre French woman picks up same paycheck as Djokovic/Murray.

Equal pay for equal work, eh?

That whole situation is ridiculous. Make them play 5 sets, if women can run marathons, they can play 5 set matches.

I think the only reason that hasn't happened is for scheduling reasons.

That whole situation is ridiculous. Make them play 5 sets, if women can run marathons, they can play 5 set matches.

I think the only reason that hasn't happened is for scheduling reasons.

The reason is nobody wants to watch women play five sets. 6-0, 6-0, 6-0? No thanks. 0-6, 0-6, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0? No thanks.

Women's tennis is shit.

Bartoli was on court for 10 hours, playing 14 sets, to win the tournament.

Djokovic has been on court for 14.5 hours, playing 20 sets, to get to the final. That's 45% additional work so far, assuming all other things are equal (which, given Bartoli's conditioning, clearly is not the case).

I don't have the viewing figures for their respective matches, but it's fair to speculate that they wouldn't favour Bartoli.

Equal pay for what exactly?

Djokovic has been on court for 14.5 hours, playing 20 sets, to get to the final. That's 45% additional work so far, assuming all other things are equal (which, given Bartoli's conditioning, clearly is not the case).

I don't have the viewing figures for their respective matches, but it's fair to speculate that they wouldn't favour Bartoli.

Male spectator perving privileges ?

Cant believe how the bookies have priced up the Wimbledon mens final today. Everybody is convinced Murray will lose. So if you bet on the three set results of 3-0 3-1 or 3-2 and placed twenty pound on each.

Your guaranteed £75 back on 3-0 and 3-1 and if its 3-2 you will get £120 back.

Cant believe how the bookies have priced up the Wimbledon mens final today. Everybody is convinced Murray will lose. So if you bet on the three set results of 3-0 3-1 or 3-2 and placed twenty pound on each.

Your guaranteed £75 back on 3-0 and 3-1 and if its 3-2 you will get £120 back.

Or you could just put £60 on him to win at 4/7 & win £105 if he does. Don't forget you also lose your 2 x £20 failed bets in your scenario. Don't really get your point ST .

Am really annoyed at Ladbrokes ( and myself ). Got an e-mail offering me a matched bet of £25, so put £25 on Djokovic 3-0 with the idea of putting the matched £25 on Djokovic 3-1. The site wouldn't let me & when I read right down the e-mail, the matched bet only becomes available once the original bet is 'settled'. Be careful if you get offers like this.

Or you could just put £60 on him to win at 4/7 & win £105 if he does. Don't forget you also lose your 2 x £20 failed bets in your scenario. Don't really get your point ST .

Am really annoyed at Ladbrokes ( and myself ). Got an e-mail offering me a matched bet of £25, so put £25 on Djokovic 3-0 with the idea of putting the matched £25 on Djokovic 3-1. The site wouldn't let me & when I read right down the e-mail, the matched bet only becomes available once the original bet is 'settled'. Be careful if you get offers like this.

Ah I didn't know he was 4/7 I thought he would be a lot shorter than that. I don't follow tennis or bet on it.

Saying that everybody is saying Murray will get his ass handed to him , so I am tempted I have to admit to putting a wedge on him if its as certain as it is being made out he will lose.

Ah I didn't know he was 4/7 I thought he would be a lot shorter than that. I don't follow tennis or bet on it.

Saying that everybody is saying Murray will get his ass handed to him , so I am tempted I have to admit to putting a wedge on him if its as certain as it is being made out he will lose.

Lots of experts on the BBC website going for Andy & he beat Novak in New York & Djokovic had a 5 hour semi final, so you could argue that 4/7 isn't that great a price, but I personally think having watched them through this tournament that Djokovic will win.

I thought this way until recently, but you're looking at it wrong. Female tennis players still need to hire a coaching team, they still need to put in the same hours of practice, they still need to stay in the same hotels and get the same flights as the male tennis players.

Sure, they play less tennis when all is said and done, but the actual time spent playing matches is the smallest part of the job. All other things are pretty much equal.