You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Open Golf

VladimirIlyich

My foolish side got the better of me with the betting earlier.

Went with Westwood at 35/1. Dunno why, he obviously wont win.

Did you see him hit the basket yesterday?

He hit a great shot at the pin, it hit the basket and went flying back off the green. Horribly unlucky.

Thoughts?

Will be quite ironic if Garcia is booed by thousands of white middle class Americans.

Not really, Seve used to get loads of "spick" comments from the American public when he was playing in the US in the 1970's. Even European Spaniards (the very Europeans who discovered the country) were considered inferior by the Anglo Saxon descendants in the US, the red-neck morons.

He's nowhere near the player Faldo was.

Mickelson leave it till the last hole to get his first birdie of the day to tie for the lead.

I agree.

Others were saying how easy it would be for him to overtake Faldo as there 'were 3 majors left of the season', 'he won his other two by 8 shots' etc.

If Rory wins one major a year he'll be doing amazing, Faldo whilst a twat was an incrediblre golfer.

I agree.

Others were saying how easy it would be for him to overtake Faldo as there 'were 3 majors left of the season', 'he won his other two by 8 shots' etc.

If Rory wins one major a year he'll be doing amazing, Faldo whilst a twat was an incrediblre golfer.

I was never the biggest fan of faldo but there's no denying his status as a golfer and if he's not a legend now, he'll be looked up on as one long after he's dead. I doubt Faldo would have left toothache.

I'm not saying McIilroy won't get there but the way some people go on, you'd think he was not far behind. I remember after he won his first major some were comparing him to Woods. Not in the same league.

I was never the biggest fan of faldo but there's no denying his status as a golfer and if he's not a legend now' date=' he'll be looked up on as one long after he's dead. I doubt Faldo would have left toothache.

I'm not saying McIilroy won't get there but the way some people go on, you'd think he was not far behind. I remember after he won his first major some were comparing him to Woods. Not in the same league.[/quote']

Completely agree Mick.

Far too many people got carried away by McIlroy, hes not even on a par with Paddy Harrington yet, yet alone Faldo.

It was the comments about how he'd won two majors so easily (by 8 shots each time) that people were expecting him to pick up a couple more simply because there were 3 majors left in the season.

I actually quite like McIlroy, but he's a long, long way off Faldo's level yet and there is no guarantee he'll ever reach that level.

I think McIlroy as a great chance of overtaking Faldo's record. The lad is only 24 and an exceptional talent who is going through some average/poor form and already has two majors under his belt. Remember that Faldo was 30 when he won the first of his majors and he went on to win six, so to dismiss McIlroy's chances of beating that seems crazy to me. Talk of beating Tiger's record seems fanciful though.

Completely agree Mick.

Far too many people got carried away by McIlroy, hes not even on a par with Paddy Harrington yet, yet alone Faldo.

It was the comments about how he'd won two majors so easily (by 8 shots each time) that people were expecting him to pick up a couple more simply because there were 3 majors left in the season.

I actually quite like McIlroy, but he's a long, long way off Faldo's level yet and there is no guarantee he'll ever reach that level.

Can't agree with this. The lad is only 24 and has won 2 majors. He is way ahead of Faldo and Harrington at this stage in his career. This is also a tough era to be playing in and it will only get harder. The depth of talent and therefore ability of more players winning majors is getting deeper all the time.

Don't get me wrong, Faldo was a 1st class player without exception but McIlroy can go on to greater things.