You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

To sell for less than £50 million would make the club appear weak and full of shit.

I don't know about that. We might gain more respect if we came out and said that we were tired of this loathesome cunt and are willing to take less money that we think he's worth just to rid the club of him and his stench.

I don't know about that. We might gain more respect if we came out and said that we were tired of this loathesome cunt and are willing to take less money that we think he's worth just to rid the club of him and his stench.

Not a chance, the media would call the bulshit straight away - we've backed him with everything he's done, he hasn't done anything since so we'd look stupid.

We need to come out and say £50m to somebody out of our league or no deal - and then here's the crazy thing, actually stick to our word.

even if Rodgers said what Suarez alleges its meaningless as Ayre is the MD and is the only one of the two who can legally bind the club in a contract matter.

What we've heard of the clause is that it only forces the club to enter "good faith" negotiations, hence the constant references to "meeting the valuation". FSG have to say that otherwise they would not be honouring the "good faith negotiations" part of that clause.

Suarez and his agent know they're screwed legally hence all the BS references to spirit of the law, gentleman's agreement etc.

I imagine this will end with an Arsenal bid in excess of 45 million and he will end up there. I really don't think anyone else is interested in his now weighty baggage.

Why they're willing to spend that on such a now completely exposed troublemaker is their problem, he'll only want to leave them in 18 months and will drag them through the same mess as all his previous clubs.

Nah.

Ok so we unearth another gem next season.

What's to say they wont do exactly the same as Suarez?

Coutinho is probably already the next cab off the rank.

A football club these days needs to attain a critical mass quickly to make an instant impact. Top players don't believe in "projects".

Because the majority of todays footballers are thick, greedy, short sighted, cunts.

Thems the rules.

You don't get a chance to build a team player by player.

If FSG want top four they have to make a statement through HUGE investment again.

I don't think they fancy it. I'm no really knocking them for that either.

Rodgers is in a boat with a hole in it, and he only has one bucket.

He has a very difficult job on his hands.

We need him, we don't have to sell him, make him play another year, sell him once we have champions league to attract the quality we need. None of this makes any difference as far as I'm concerned.

I'd like to agree with that but I'm afraid he's completely untrustworthy. I can see him getting sent off on purpose, or incurring another suspension, for no other reason than to spite us.

I may be wrong, but I've never felt that about any player before. I really can't see him making much of an effort if things don't go his way.

He really is a snidely horrible little bastard who seems to attach no blame to himself over anything. I feel dirty and quite hypocritical that I have defended him in the past.

Don't think he will ever play for us again.

He should be told he will only go after submitting a transfer request, the price £55m. The destination, anywhere but the PL. At the end of the day the club will go on, we as supporters know this. Get the money in and fucking spend it or let him rot at home.

For the moment put any arguments aside regarding FSG, Rodgers Etc and think how much backing he gets. I don't believe a word he says anymore, twisted genius or misunderstood ?

No just a spoilt, rich footballer with no idea.

Start of the summer = I want out because of the english media

three weeks ago = I want to play in the champions league

two weeks ago = I have a clause, I can go for anything over £40m

now = I was told verbally I could go!

£50m and £1 to Arsenal. If they don't pay, fuck off and report them.

70 million to arsenal, smug cunts.

Maybe I'm being naive but you'd expect players that Rodgers signed himself (i.e Coutinho) to have more loyalty to him.

I tend to assume players, young or old, who've flourished under a manager are more likely to stick around. I don't think established talent care which manager brings them to a club, their mindset is that they're doing someone a favour by signing for them.

That's arguably one reason why developing young talent is a must.

70 million to arsenal, smug cunts.

I'd certainly like them to do that, they have clearly been part of this campaign - they have reported as much. All the insider comments from Arsenal about him 'agitating' for the move - clearly they are involved.

Fuck em, I wasn't arsed at the start of the summer and i'm not arsed now - give us the money and we'll try and not fuck it up this time.

I don't see the fascination with Real and Barca.

Two years of use to them and then they buy the next big thing in your position.

I'm tempted to pack him off to Arsenal, I don't think they're set up to use him like we used him. I think Suare has had his day in this league, he's a target for all refs and journos, and he's always his own worst enemy.

£45m, then lets wrap up Papdopoulos and go fishing for Costa or something. It's time to move on because this is doing us no good.

Ok so we unearth another gem next season.

What's to say they wont do exactly the same as Suarez?

Coutinho is probably already the next cab off the rank.

A football club these days needs to attain a critical mass quickly to make an instant impact. Top players don't believe in "projects".

Because the majority of todays footballers are thick' date=' greedy, short sighted, cunts.

Thems the rules.

You don't get a chance to build a team player by player.

If FSG want top four they have to make a statement through HUGE investment again.

I don't think they fancy it. I'm no really knocking them for that either.

Rodgers is in a boat with a hole in it, and he only has one bucket.

He has a very difficult job on his hands.[/quote']

Then we'll just end up in a transfer arms race and there's no point in it. If we start spraying vast sums all over the pace (vast as in 25 mill plus per player coz god knows even a few million is a fuck lot of money) and it doesn't work we'll be more fucked than under H&G. Even if it does work short term it doesn't take much to collapse and I believe that building up a team is the only way long term. If its a transfer arms race some clubs will be blown out of the water one day soon and I'd rather we survived to fight another day.

Report them for what?

"People say Liverpool deserve more from me but I have scored 50 goals in less than 100 games and now they could double the money they paid for me. It is not as if I am asking to move to a local rival."

Is he just fucking thick or does he think we are? There isn't another club on the planet he could go to where he could cause this club more damage. Wanker.

"People say Liverpool deserve more from me but I have scored 50 goals in less than 100 games and now they could double the money they paid for me. It is not as if I am asking to move to a local rival."

Is he just fucking thick or does he think we are? There isn't another club on the planet he could go to where he could cause this club more damage. Wanker.

Maybe he thinks we have absolutely no chance of challenging Arsenal (and Tottenham) for 4th place.

Got to agree with Neil atkinsons article on the anfield wrap website, liverpool is in a coma showing signs of fight but selling Suarez to arsenal would be suicide, for our ambitions at least.

We set the tone when we sold Torres to Chelsea we cannot under any circumstances do it again. We showed that weakness and as soon as we did we've become easy pickings and have certainly lost so much respect, nobody fears us, liverpool reaks of caution on every level. Our owners CEO and manager need to give this club a shot in the arm. The first 11 needs improving fucking immediately if that costs a bit more than we would like its tough shit,we won't charm our way to success. Top 4 is so vital at least being very close to getting it is. Each year we are out of it the less likely we will ever be able to attract the type of player needed to achieve it, eventually there will be only one way and that's offering obscene money. We should take the bull by the horns now before it really does become to expensive and we solidify ourselves as has beens. If anything this really is the year to be making our moves, so many new managers.

I would prefer to keep him tied to his contract for the next 3 years playing reserve team football. Would be hilarious to see him waste away his best years in the reserves.

Does his contract say he has to play at all? Leave him out of the first team squad of 25 when it's named. Don't give him any football. Let him rot. Bye bye World Cup. No CL, because a) we're not in it b) he's not going anywhere. Tough.

That's what I'd like us to do - it's about time a club made an example of one of these shits, even if it costs shedloads of cash. In the long term, it would be worth it for all football clubs.

We won't though. The important thing is that if we get £40 it doesn't sit in the bank doing nothing between 1st September and 31st December. Getting £40m on 31st August, falling behind for 4 months, then buying a top class replacement on 1st January is not very sensible.

If we won't destroy him, then sell now,and buy big now.

What makes me laugh is his insistence about what he's done for us. We pay you for that you soft twat, its called doing your job.