You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

He cant go to anybody over us. He has to hand a request in to us before he can go to any panel about the contract, Because he hasn't done that yet he hasn't a hope in hell of succeeding. For him to have any chance he should of put the request in straight away as it shows he means to want to leave and has a problem . Because he hasn't and has said he wont then no panel etc will take him serious if he done it now. He cant give a reasonable explanation as to why its took this long to hand it in.

He cant say I needed to find out first about the clause it wont wash at a hearing.

Again, any basis for this?

He is fucked anyway as he will be in breach of his contract if he refuses to play. The club can sue him for it.

Somebody on here said at the start of all this that we might have fucked up with his contract and quite easily have put this £40 million clause in it . Nobody expected him to have the season he did , although he says its a £35 million clause which makes you ask about the Arsenal bid.

Dosent matter now as he is fucked here now and the club need to get him out .

To me, it raises questions about the motives of the club's hierarchy that we told Suarez he could go if we didn't make it into the top 4 last season. That is, after we had appointed an inexperienced manager - while framing a narrative about patience and long-term visions - were actively looking to shift our player of the season to Man City and had failed to make any substantial investment in the squad.

Yes, that is exactly what it does. Exactly.

I'm struggling to see why his advisers have pushed him to these interviews.

If it's to flush out more interest in him then perhaps it's a sound tactic, as it portrays him as a wee diddums who's been wronged but hasn't acted the total shithouse and gone on strike.

If, however, it's intended as leverage to push through a move to Arsenal then it's pretty feeble in light of the fact he could hand in a transfer request.

I'm hoping (in vain) that the club have indicated to Arsenal that, should things get ugly, the mysteriously precise bid would be referred to the appropriate authorities.

There will be loads who think that. If you think about it the champions league is shown worldwide So if your in that your being shown live around the world every two weeks.

Then with the premiership you get shown again. But the champions league every two and if you go far then your on most of season.

What utter shite you are talking, if he wants to be on the tele then stay at Liverpool, every game we play is shown live every week around the world.

Or do you think the world is going to be tuning in to see this little lot.

FC Basel 1893 (SUI) v Győri ETO FC (HUN)/Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR)

Sligo Rovers FC (IRL)/Molde FK (NOR) v The New Saints FC (WAL)/Legia Warszawa (POL)

ŠK Slovan Bratislava (SVK)/PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL) v FC Shirak (ARM)/FK Partizan (SRB)

FC Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO)/ EB/Streymur (FRO) v FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU)/FK Vardar (MKD)

APOEL FC (CYP) v Birkirkara FC (MLT)/NK Maribor (SVN)

Arbritation requires both parties agreement to it, if i remember correctly

Nope. As feared in my earlier reply to this, Premier League rules (T30) state that EITHER party can ask the PL to get involved in a contract dispute. Seen it with my own eyes.

He is fucked anyway as he will be in breach of his contract if he refuses to play. The club can sue him for it.

Dosent matter now as he is fucked here now and the club need to get him out .

In view of any response to the contrary I'll assume for now that you're making this up as you go along.

Badly handled from start to finish. Even a move abroad now would mean we would be rushing round trying to buy, and probably needing to over pay, for replacements.

Why we didn't do something that would leave us looking less reactive and more planned is beyond me.

That's it for me. He is finished. He is a fucking disgusting cunt equal to FSG who no doubt will sell him and make a huge profit and continue their lies.

I defended him all the way. But Suarez is a fucking dirty cunt. He has disrespected everyone, the City of Liverpool, the Club, Kenny Dalglish, Gerrard, the rest of his team-mates, his opponents. He is a disgusting person.

No wonder Real or Barca did not bid for him. He is an annoying ugly shit.

He went back to the British media which according to him, "prosecuted" him "unfairly" to say what?

Suarez has told both the Guardian and the Telegraph that the Reds "promised" he could leave this summer if they did not qualify for the Champions League.

"I gave absolutely everything last season, now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement," he said

Let me leave Liverpool, pleads Suarez - BBC Sport

Honour what you fucking idiot? you have a contract, you are getting paid on time and what kind of verbal agreement do you want them to honour?

I didn't know that players could quit teams and their contracts can be automatically terminated because of some "verbal agreements".

You want out Luis?

Then put in a fucking transfer request you little shit.

Why is everybody so obsessed about the transfer request? what does a transfer request even mean? what is the validity of it?

All that matters is the contract and his contract expires in three seasons.

Torres, Mascherano, Reina, Suarez.......................................... Coutinho?

Broken promises again to players, players leaving under a cloud, welcome to the wonderful negotiating world of Ian Ayre.

Coincidently, Meirelis was citing broken promises and verbal agreements which were not kept, when he left for chelsea.

Liverpool executives need to stop these kind of promises, it's clearly not working. Actually no, they Liverpool executives need to just go...

Maybe something gets lost in translation but it does only seem to be foreign players who cite broken promises and verbal agreements. I'd never normally suggest such things about foreign vs British players but it's hard to ignore.

I dunno but wonder if their agents are more inclined to bullshit them for some reason??

LUIS SUAREZ EXCLUSIVE: I will stay with Liverpool even if we don't qualify for Champions League | Mail Online

As much as I hate the Mail, this was the only place I could find it;

'But I want to say now that, if you want to know what will happen to me if we don't qualify for the Champions League, then I will say this: I have a contract with Liverpool and I am very happy here. I will stay.'

IF this does get dragged through to court etc would this be evidence?