You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Generally, I am under no illusions about how far and rapidly we have declined, but it's still remarkable, to me, to read the way in which Suarez genuinely seems to regard Arsenal as a dramatic step-up from us.

It really makes me wonder how many players his age and younger think the same thing?

It only takes us one season finishing ahead of them to change that round, which is why its vital we don't let him go there

Generally, I am under no illusions about how far and rapidly we have declined, but it's still remarkable, to me, to read the way in which Suarez genuinely seems to regard Arsenal as a dramatic step-up from us.

It really makes me wonder how many players his age and younger think the same thing?

There will be loads who think that. If you think about it the champions league is shown worldwide So if your in that your being shown live around the world every two weeks.

Then with the premiership you get shown again. But the champions league every two and if you go far then your on most of season.

The worry is, of course, that there is some credence in this 'verbal agreement' talk and he'll get the football authorities involved and they never waste an opportunity to fuck LFC over.

He cant do anything without handing transfer notice in. So he hasn't a chance in hell of winning at arbitration panel. He has left it way to long to do it now.

If he had handed in a transfer request when they offered the 40 million then he could of took us and maybe had a chance. Now he has left it way to long.

The worry is, of course, that there is some credence in this 'verbal agreement' talk and he'll get the football authorities involved and they never waste an opportunity to fuck LFC over.

Whatever the PFA or that cunt Graham Taylor wants, they can't tell a club to sell to a rival. Why the club has to stand firm. Anywhere but Arsenal or stick him in the reserves. Still be worth as much in January.

Can someone please explain to me the bottom line with a submitted transfer request?

It's being talked about as if we'd be screwed, yet it seems to me it will have zero effect beyond obviating any need to pay him any bonuses, etc.

Am I missing something?

Means fuck all apart from him losing his signing on fee, loyalty bonus and percentage of the transfer fee (clause a lot of players have in their contract).

The bit that really takes the piss is the bit about the reception he got on saturday was because we accept him wanting to go?!

Thats like saying if we booed him we did it so he knows what its like to play at the Emirates!

I think he's probably a bit delusional at the moment. Let's face it his behaviour on the pitch sometimes points towards mental disturbances, this could just be an extension.

If he considers arsenal to be a significant step up then he's deffo lost it.

He cant do anything without handing transfer notice in. So he hasn't a chance in hell of winning at arbitration panel. He has left it way to long to do it now.

If he had handed in a transfer request when they offered the 40 million then he could of took us and maybe had a chance. Now he has left it way to long.

Serious question - is there any foundation to this? Or just a scenario you've imagined?

Whatever the PFA or that cunt Graham Taylor wants, they can't tell a club to sell to a rival. Why the club has to stand firm. Anywhere but Arsenal or stick him in the reserves. Still be worth as much in January.

I'm talking about the football authorities (FA or Premier League) who might be asked to make a decision on this, not the players union or that slimey fucker.

To me, it raises questions about the motives of the club's hierarchy that we told Suarez he could go if we didn't make it into the top 4 last season. That is, after we had appointed an inexperienced manager - while framing a narrative about patience and long-term visions - were actively looking to shift our player of the season to Man City and had failed to make any substantial investment in the squad.

I'm talking about the football authorities (FA or Premier League) who might be asked to make a decision on this, not the players union or that slimey fucker.

Arbritation requires both parties agreement to it, if i remember correctly

Tell him to take us to the High Court and let them decide. If its clear cut and we have taken legal advice, he wont be going anywhere near there.

He cant go to anybody over us. He has to hand a request in to us before he can go to any panel about the contract, Because he hasn't done that yet he hasn't a hope in hell of succeeding. For him to have any chance he should of put the request in straight away as it shows he means to want to leave and has a problem . Because he hasn't and has said he wont then no panel etc will take him serious if he done it now. He cant give a reasonable explanation as to why its took this long to hand it in.

He cant say I needed to find out first about the clause it wont wash at a hearing.

Arbritation requires both parties agreement to it, if i remember correctly

Tell him to take us to the High Court and let them decide. If its clear cut and we have taken legal advice, he wont be going anywhere near there.

I hope you're right but from reading old articles about the Heinze to Liverpool case I'm not convinced. I couldn't have imagined the Mancs agreeing to arbitration and from what I've read it seems possible that the player asked the Premier League to intervene and they were allowed to do so as written in the rules.

I hope our lawyers are all over this.

He cant go to anybody over us. He has to hand a request in to us before he can go to any panel about the contract, Because he hasn't done that yet he hasn't a hope in hell of succeeding. For him to have any chance he should of put the request in straight away as it shows he means to want to leave and has a problem . Because he hasn't and has said he wont then no panel etc will take him serious if he done it now. He cant give a reasonable explanation as to why its took this long to hand it in.

He cant say I needed to find out first about the clause it wont wash at a hearing.

Again, any basis for this?