You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

I actually think this has been dealt with really well both by Suarez and Liverpool. Just not in the eyes of some Liverpool fans. Suarez has come out of it looking as good as he could have.

For me, it doesn't matter if he's come out of this looking good, it's all about the FA handing out a completely unfair punishment and us just sitting here taking it like a bunch of spineless cunts. One of our own is being victimised and we've basically condoned it. If we're that shocked and surprised by the length of the ban then why have we just swallowed it? They've effectively forced our best player, and a fucking good person, out of the country; bearing in mind they also got the king sacked, and we've done nothing but sit around with our thumb up our arsehole.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
Where did bending over and taking it up the arse get us last time? Oh yes, to an even longer ban for a lesser offence.

Luis Suarez is, and will continue to be, English football's Bond Villain - taking a stand against it might have made a difference, but we'll never know. LFC has been taking this shit from the FA for too long, these owners and this heirarchy needs to fuck off.

You got no fucking idea have you? You want the owners to fuck off but not before having dragged the club through yet more bad publicity (whether we like it or not).

Suarez has said he decided he didnt want to appeal but, its all a fucking conspiracy by the club blah, blah fucking blah.

No one is bigger than the club? beginning to look that isnt the case with some people.

So what? What's the worst that can happen? I've got news for you, it already has happened.

But you're right from the owners point of view they are unlikely to want the bad publicity, fucking pathetic shitbag twats.

A lot of people are very angry and understandably so. Personally I just feel deflated. A fucking shit season rounded off by Suarez behaving like a stupid prick , the FA hanging us out to dry and the Mancs winning the league by distance. However I am not one for shaking my fist at the moon. We are on a complete loser with this biting nonsense. Its totallly different from the Evra sitaution where I am convinced we could have handled it much better given Evra undoubtedly lied in his evidence. Our ineptitude in that matter left us wide open to the shafting we've had over this. Let's win tomorrow then stuff the Bitters and finish 6th with our heads up.

You got no fucking idea have you? You want the owners to fuck off but not before having dragged the club through yet more bad publicity (whether we like it or not).

Suarez has said he decided he didnt want to appeal but, its all a fucking conspiracy by the club blah, blah fucking blah.

No one is bigger than the club? beginning to look that isnt the case with some people.

Far fucking from it. This is about the club continually being shafted by the FA, Luis is just the latest example and unfortunately he makes us an easy target.

Textbook corporate maneuvering to absolve themselves of responsibility. You look for leadership, you get this. These guys are so lightweight it's not funny.

Except for one exceptionally major factor people blaming the club. It is a 1000 x bigger loss for the club than Luis this ban. To be without him till the end of September is by far more damaging for the club. If it wasn't for Luis we would b e fucked this season. So for the club to be missing him for the first six games is a disaster in terms of the damage it could cause us.

From a club point of view I would imagine there fucking seething at him over what he done.

Lovely little dig there by Luis, about bans where players have been seriously injured.

Trumo is spot on though. The hounds at the FA and in the press have the scent. It didn't stop after the Evra incident. It won't stop now. The only way you stop them is when you shoot a few of the hounds.

Guest San Don
Far fucking from it. This is about the club continually being shafted by the FA, Luis is just the latest example and unfortunately he makes us an easy target.

No it isnt. Your rambling are akin to a compulsive gambler chasing his losses. The 'let's have another go' mentality because this time, the dice will fall in our favour.

So, Suarez comes out and says he decided to accept the ban but you dont accept that. So is the player lieing then or what?

What's it going to take to convince you he said 'enough is enough, I've been a silly twat and will take the medicine'?

The player has caused this shitstorm and he's chosen to put it to bed. If the club forced him to accept it, do you really think Suarez is such a weak character to go along with it in his blog? If he wants a quick way out, there it is, say the club made him say that but he wanted to fight.

He'd get his way out of LFC sharpish if that's what he wanted.

I dont think he does want out. Whether he stays or not is another matter. But I think these conspiracy theories about the club over this are a bit wide of the mark.

If he is perceived as never taking responsibility for his actions (which he most definitely is up until this point) it's certainly not going to get any easier for him here is it? Only worse.

Do you think him accepting this ban will benefit him with future incidents?

The statements have obviously been carefully managed. You have Ayre, Rodger and Suarez. All of them are perfectly in line with each other. There are 2 main elements in the quotes. 1st element is all about Suarez accepting responsibility, personal growth and making him look as good as possible. 2nd element is highlighting the inconsistency of the FA.

Suarez quote:

I am truly very sorry about the incident with Branislav Ivanovic. I hope that all the people who i have offended at Anfield last saturday will grant me forgiveness and i again repeat my apology to Branislav.

I know that all the things that are happening to me in England will help me improve my conduct on the field.

Right now I just want to focus on becoming a better footballer on and off the field.

Suarez accepting responsibility, rehabilitation and making him look better.

I would like to explain to everybody that I decided to accept the ban because whilst 10 games is clearly greater than those bans given in past cases where players have actually been seriously hurt

FA inconsistency

I acknowledge that my actions were not acceptable on the football pitch so I do not want to give the wrong impression to people by making an appeal.

I really want to learn from what has happened in the last two and a half years, many things have been said and written about me, I just tried to do my best on the field. I hope to come back early to play.

Ayre quote:

The charges against Luis were his to consider and we have to respect his decision to not appeal the 10-game ban.

We are all disappointed at the severity of the punishment and in particular the differing standards that have been applied across various previous incidents.

FA inconsistency

Luis is an important member of our team and nothing has changed in that regard.

We are committed to helping him improve his conduct and he will be given our full support. We look forward to him returning to the team next season when he is available for selection.

Rodgers quote:

We can't hide our disappointment at the outcome of this situation

Slight dig at the FA

but we have to move on and support Luis in his decision.

Luis has made a huge contribution to the squad this season and we respect his decision to accept the ban.

He will be missed for the remainder of this season and the early part of next, but we will have the opportunity to welcome a better person and player when he returns.

I actually think this has been dealt with really well both by Suarez and Liverpool. Just not in the eyes of some Liverpool fans. Suarez has come out of it looking as good as he could have.

They have been as critical as they could be, more than what I expected - nobody is in any doubt that the club is pissed off with the FA. I am dissapointed that they didn't appeal - just to point out how petty the FA are, but it is easy for me to say that.

I just want us to start being cunts more often.

No it isnt.

For me and from my point of view, yes it is, that's why I said "LFC has been taking this shit from the FA for too long". I am moaning about a long list of incidents irrespective of the outcome of this current one, I probably said something similar when the CLUB decided not to appeal his previous ban.

Luis himself has behaved stupidly, and if he's decided to take it on the chin that's his choice. But it doesn't change my opinion on the club's hierarchy and I'm quite sure there will be further reason to question it again the future.

So, how do people think we should approach the 2014-2015 season?

Because next season is a fucking write off.

Is anybody else tired of it all?

Stop being so negative!

This team won't start next season - Mkhitaryan, Ince and McCarthy could be in our starting 11 come August. We are already better equiped to cope without Luis with Coutinhio and Sturridge, we can certainly cope without him for 5 games. Although, i'll change my tack slightly when we get United, Chelsea, Tottenhma, Arsenal, City all away for our first five games!

I have an iQ of 145, earn really good money but nowhere near what the FA members earn and therefore, I'd assume, nowhere near their intelligence levels. That report reads like it was written by a student, full of contradictions, it's an embarrassment. We are being victimised and with the fa and Premier League chairmen both Man Utd fans it's gonna get a whole lot worse.

The right decision amidst much confused thinking.

Loyalty is always good. Defending the indefensible is always bad.

Some of the hysterical hyperbole surrounding “Jaws 2” has been absurd, not least in the intervention of Downing Street. Yet at the heart of this was always that biting is wrong, continuing to bite is very wrong.

This sort of ban was always likely. Two biting offences are unprecedented, the penalty was inevitably also going to be unprecedented. If Louis doesn’t like it- don’t bite (twice). Any punishment will combine punishment, deterrence, and rehabilitation. The first penalty of a seven game ban didn’t work, a second offence could never incur a lesser penalty

There is no question that several years ago, Defoe was very lucky to get away with his munch. But time moves on, and suggesting that a risible penalty back then should be replicated, and calling that justice, is ridiculous. Two wrongs do not make a right. Equally ridiculous is the suggestion that Jaws 2 is in effect Jaws 1 because Jaws 1 happened abroad.

Some have suggested that the profile of the player and game should be irrelevant. That is absurd. Louis is one of the hottest, and best paid, footballers in world football. If you want £5m a year and an audience measured in several tens of millions there is a price to pay. Few would argue that not biting people is not too onerous. Otherwise, playing for Macclesfield on £500 a week offers welcome anonymity and an option for those who find that too difficult.

The Club, and Rodger’s have largely handled this well, although two of Rodgers comments were ill judged. He claimed that Louis had not let him down,- he has. His actions could easily cost us an EL place next season, and Rodgers his job. He has made the club, and himself, a laughing stock . His actions impacted on the owners, Rodgers, his fellow players, supporters and the solemn occasion. Rodgers further claim that he would like ten players with Suarez’ mentality is understood by the footballing cognoscenti, but to a wider audience, it looks like he is advocating an entire team prepared to bite their opponents. Not smart.

Suarez is going nowhere, his ban is a worldwide one. If he does go in the future, it will be because of a lack of Euro football, a state of affairs which he may perpetuate himself next season by the loss of his goals during the ban.

Luis is a great player. I for one don’t want to see him go, and I will miss him on the pitch. But the responsibility for this is his, no-one else’s. He is also very lucky that Ivanovic did not mete out biblical justice and knock his teeth out, which would have solved the problem a different way. Many players would have done just that. Furthermore, Luis’ feigning of injury after he had bitten Ivanovic was unforgiveable.

Early on Rodgers rightly said that no-one is bigger than the Club. He is right. When you pull on the red shirt and Liver bird you have a rich, honourable tradition to uphold. I hope that Luis stays- and lives up to that tradition.

I hope he fucks off for £50m, enjoys himself at Munich and wins the champions league knocking out City, Arsenal and United on the way.

We meanwhile - invest the money in 3 players who become absolute stars and find ourselves as league champions - and Rodgers publicly thanks the Football Association and Manchester United for their help in providing the funds for our title win by forcing out Luis!