You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elite

Your Vice?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Your Vice?

• Alcohol
    • Drugs
    • Sex/Prostitutes
    • Gambling
    • Smoking
    • Junk Food

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be drugs, marijuana mostly, but I'll give most things a go. In fact it's probably safe to assume that I've taken rat poison before now. I don't smoke weed constantly, much as I'd enjoy that, just at night when the kids are in bed. Responsibility stops me becoming a stoner, and weed probably stops me becoming an alcohohic.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
I was going to call it 'my guilty pleasure'

I've cut down on internet use, she doesn't like the silence that is being created between us, therefore i spend the hours from 4pm-8pm as my only internet time these days.

Feel much better for it for trying to create real conversation that is spontaneous and not rehearsed or edited.

Thats still 4 hours of my life being wasted each day on what is essentially a machine at home which can do stuff. The internet is still not as amazing as i hoped it would be 20 years ago.

Good food is my vice, rather than junk food.

In what world is that a vice?

One where you eat too fucking much of it; i.e., mine.

So you dont want me to tell you about the Open Day at the old Mitchell's bakery that I called in at after a certain sporting fixture on Sunday and came away with some fantastic, still hot from the oven wholemeal bread?

I've cut down on internet use' date=' she doesn't like the silence that is being created between us, therefore i spend the hours from 4pm-8pm as my only internet time these days.

Feel much better for it for trying to create real conversation that is spontaneous and not rehearsed or edited.

Thats still 4 hours of my life being wasted each day on what is essentially a machine at home which can do stuff. The internet is still not as amazing as i hoped it would be 20 years ago.[/quote']

Thats commendable, I use my laptop less and less but my damn smartphone has more than filled in the gaps. Its a real plague to me, especially during long 13 hour work days with lots of waiting. I look around and the whole crew is on their phones wasting time, but thats just an excuse as mine is already in my hand.

When I travel I leave my phone at home and it makes me very happy. Love finding some internet cafe for an hour after a week off the grid, answering a few emails and being done with it.

Being connected all the time fucking sucks.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Used to be gambling big time,heavy money on 'big 4 ' at odds on but now its shopping on internet,from trainers to holidays,and today £1050 on a Mountain Bike etc! But I think it's a good thing as I work out what I need to live on through the month and buy nice things with the rest,anyone whose had trouble with gambling will tell you that to have something to show for your wages is a wonderful thing!

Was Ciggies and ale. Like a bet and a bit of a dabble when I was younger too. All of this made ne quite a chap around town so never knowingly turned down birds either.

Stopped smokes, ale is very much reduced, betting is at a very low level, and not dabbled in years and years.

Life gets shit in your 30's. I've always eaten too much tho.

Smoking. I fucking love it (even when I'm coughing my lungs out on a Sunday morning after a sesh). American Spirit rolling tobacco is where it's at - all other brands taste like asbestos or camel shit to me so I wont touch them (with the possible exception of Pueblo or Sobrainie straights). The whole ritual of rolling-up and sparking-up is a beautiful moment of calm collectedness and one of the few things in life I do masterfully. Gave up for 18 months and was fucking miserable. Know thyself I say.

I gamble, drink and smoke. Stopped sniffing narcotics when I found out my bird was pregnant. Coke is just too expensive now, even more so down south. I miss having a line at the weekend though, so plan on just getting a gram when I'm up there for Easter. Haven't been into tablets and weed for a few years.

Presbyterian are you, CT?

Was Ciggies and ale. Like a bet and a bit of a dabble when I was younger too. All of this made ne quite a chap around town so never knowingly turned down birds either.

Stopped smokes, ale is very much reduced, betting is at a very low level, and not dabbled in years and years.

Life gets shit in your 30's. I've always eaten too much tho.

I disagree there fella.

Since I have turned 30 my life has been boss. I met an amazing girl 4 years ago, I am just over 6 months away from 35 and the sensible adults things are finally coming on the horizon and I am actually mentally ready for them.

I have changed my attitude towards saving, putting our future instead of my own first, starting a family etc. I still have my own personal goal in life which I will achieve, but I need everything else around it to be successful.

My 20's were a hazy, drunken, fucked up mess fuelled by a lot of amphetamine, ecstasy, in the early part of it and also 7 years in a relationship with a lovely girl who I should have treated better, a hell of a lot better.

Now weed aside, I am a better person have learnt a hell of a lot from that period of my life and won’t ever make the same mistakes again. I was speaking to my arlf fella last week and we were discussing the merits of growing older and sensible. He said to me “With growing old you don’t have much of a choice, but never, ever grow up, just balance it right and it will work out as it should.”

I am doing all things I wanted to do in my 20’s but stopped myself from doing. I am playing in a band, I am learning how to record and produce music, I am going to boss places to eat and trying to replicate that type of cooking back at home, I enjoy wine as opposed to lager, I love enjoying the taste of whisky as opposed to necking it to get twatted. I hate losing days of my life due to hangovers. I embrace family and friends with the love and passion they deserve, even though not all relationships are where I would like them to be. Some people would say I have finally grown up, I would say I have finally woken up.

I look forward to the day my current life stops because kids come along. I am embracing all this time I have now as I now it will have to take a back burner for a while.

Life is pretty damn cool, even though I can still be an argumentative twat and get outraged by social and political injustices. That’s just me and something that will never go away.

30’s are the new 20’s, but better in my opinion.