You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

We're being linked to Ukrainian international Yevhen Konoplyanka. Seems like a bit of a dubious one to me but his Wiki page does make him sound like a Rodgers type player:

"Then-teammate Volodymyr Homenyuk noted Konoplaynka's quick progress since his arrival to the main team. He observed that "having got a hold of a place in Dnipro's starting line-up, [Konoplyanka] demonstrates good football – creates moments, carries out crosses, and sends shots at the goal. Sharpens the game in general. Yevhen has everything required to become a high-class player – the speed and the dribbling ability. he is one of the fastest players,and technical dribbler."

From what little I've seen of Yevhen Konoplyanka, he's technically very good - indeed capable of brilliance at times - but he can flit in and out of games. Basically similar to Marko Marin at Chelsea (I'm talking about him in his Werder Bremen days here, because he has barely got going at Chelsea due to injuries and lack of opportunities). Having seen both him and Andriy Yarmolenko play, I'd say Yarmolenko is less obviously flashy but more effective.

From what little I've seen of Yevhen Konoplyanka, he's technically very good - indeed capable of brilliance at times - but he can flit in and out of games. Basically similar to Marko Marin at Chelsea (I'm talking about him in his Werder Bremen days here, because he has barely got going at Chelsea due to injuries and lack of opportunities). Having seen both him and Andriy Yarmolenko play, I'd say Yarmolenko is less obviously flashy but more effective.

You watch the ukrainian league? Not a dig, just impressed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You watch the ukrainian league? Not a dig, just impressed.

I know a few who watch it. I think Jairzinho's a fan. I think it was him, or maybe Unrighteous, who said it's a good standard with some really handy players. I don't watch it myself.

Enough of the trimming of the wage bill.

Does anybody have any actual numbers on the wage bill we have trimmed in say, the last year or last 18 months? It must be savings of 10 million a year or more.

Surely it's now time to move the team forward and focus on the product on the field.

I'll be shocked if we are still owned by FSG in 12 months.

Like I say I've never seen him play so thats why I've asked a few questions, but no one seems to know much about him, but seeing he is linked with us most fans obviously is of the opinion he is world class.

Bless them.

I don't rate him. I could be wrong, but I very rarely am.

Was the verbatim you utter utter fucktard?

Ian Abrahams on twitter who is well informed about West Ham is saying that Raheem is close to a move there. I presume it's loan which I think would probably be a good move as he'd get 30-40 games which is at least 10-15 more than he'd get here.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Ian Abrahams on twitter who is well informed about West Ham is saying that Raheem is close to a move there. I presume it's loan which I think would probably be a good move as he'd get 30-40 games which is at least 10-15 more than he'd get here.

I was hoping to see more of him this season. Unless we're getting some proper quality through the door, I don't see why we'd do that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Wouldn't make any sense loaning Sterling out whilst Downing continues to steal a wage.

I was feeling down about the possibility of loaning him out to a bunch of long ballers, but then you had to go and bring Downing into it.

I think it could be good for his development cuz he should get many more minutes there, but I'd rather send him to a side that plays better stuff.

Also, like NV and others said, no point in doing that unless we have somebody that's quality coming in, also while Downing is still here playing.

We should tell them we'll only loan them Sterling if they buy Downing.

Wouldn't make any sense loaning Sterling out whilst Downing continues to steal a wage. Only one of those two ever has a chance of being good enough for Liverpool football club and it's not Downy.

Couldn't agree more mate. Both Sterling and Ibe are ahead in the pecking order over Downing in my opinion.

Skrtel was in the news here in Slovakia few minutes ago, there was a live phone call with him asking only about this (Napoli)transfer and he said that he does not know anything about move to Italy, that nobody from Napoli or LFC talked to him about this possibility, nor transfer or loan.

he said he only read it at the internet. so it´s bullshit or the club are doing Reina again.

And to Papa is better than Skrtel...I don´t say he is not, but I would like to know how many of the people on here singing songs about how much of an upgrade on Skrtel he is have actully seen Papadopoulous play for more than 180 minutes altogether.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

And to Papa is better than Skrtel...I don´t say he is not, but I would like to know how many of the people on here singing songs about how much of an upgrade on Skrtel he is have actully seen Papadopoulous play for more than 180 minutes altogether.

Well, some of us on here were talking about him over a year ago. Just saying.

Well, some of us on here were talking about him over a year ago. Just saying.

I remember it mate.

I also watched Papa last summer during the Euros, but not seen Schalke or him since then so I don´t comment on him.

And as I´ve heard, he did not play much games during that time....

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I remember it mate.

I also watched Papa last summer during the Euros, but not seen Schalke or him since then so I don´t comment on him.

And as I´ve heard, he did not play much games during that time....

Yeah, he has had knee surgery, so we'll definitely need to check it out before parting with lots of cash. His quality is beyond a doubt though. I've no idea if the knee will impact his pace or whatever, so it's a gamble.

Truth is, if he didn't have the injury and carried on the way he was before, I highly doubt we'd be able to get him. City, Chelsea and co would be all over him. I think Chelsea were interested anyway.