You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What should be our priority?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our priority?

• Europa League (final)
    • Premier League (5th/6th at best)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a stupid question. Nobody would rather finish 5th than being in a European final. I'd imagine, as the thread evolves, code will find some sort of way to have a pop at Rodgers whilst defending Kenny. Cups vs league and so on. No doubt he'll completely miss the point, as usual.

I know people get pissed off about not picking one option, but in this instance I categorically believe, we absolutely should aim for both the poll options, as it would constitute a pretty successful season all round.

Finishing ninth, for instance, and winning the Europa League I think would be a pretty mitigated success.

Because there are at least 5 better squads than ours.

Can you really say that with such assurance

City

Scum

Chelsea

they are without doubt stronger

Tottenham? good defence on paper but can be very flakey, not too different from us in that respect, central midfield without knowing much about the new lad Holtby they certainly aren't anything special there, wings are miles ahead of us but lack any sort of cover, strikers lacking in numbers like us but our big plus is one of ours is fucking brilliant, none of theirs are

Arsenal- probably not too different from us but are lacking big players like Stevie and Suarez

Everton- enough said

I'm not saying we are brilliant or anything because obviously we aren't but the teams we are competing aren't anything special either, the whole club has been in a mess for a long time but we've still managed to keep a core of quality players and fortunately it looks like the managers plans are starting to click into place, chances are we won't manage 4th this year but there are not 5 teams infinately good enough to be nailed on to come ahead of us

Yeah, I agree but I don't see your point at all as eveyone will surely vote EL final. I can only conculde that it's a loaded question designed for some agenda-based reason, that's all I'm saying. But carry on, let's see what how this develops

This is clear as day, Dim. If the question was about 4th, then there would be a point to this thread.

It is possible we can get 4th, not probable but possible

We are 9 points behind Spurs and have them to play at home

Have a look at their other fixtures which are harder than ours

Have a look at Everton's fixtures, harder than ours

Chelsea are imploding

So 4th is possible

Only a Nordic numpty would have started this thread

It's a stupid question. Nobody would rather finish 5th than being in a European final. I'd imagine, as the thread evolves, code will find some sort of way to have a pop at Rodgers whilst defending Kenny. Cups vs league and so on. No doubt he'll completely miss the point, as usual.

Of course it is and of course he will.

This is all a none too subtle way of rehashing the argument that has been done to death.

Everybody will vote for 'cup win' as it is the only option worth voting for and at the end of it all the lunatic will view the poll results and say something like...

"So I am seeing that it is being OK for Rodgers to be winning a trophy and not finishing in a European qualifying spot in the league and nobody calls for him to be sacked, but when it was Kenny last season everyone was being different and calling me for it and saying it was OK for him to be getting the sack".

Or some such transparent shit.

No Liverpool manager who has had a fortune to spend should be finishing 8th in the league, so let's put this idiocy to bed. Again.