You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you actually support this club?

ye and i'm also realistic we've not won the league for over 20 years no top club in europe has gone that long in modern football,thats why i say we are just a normal club now that hurts to say,but the truth hurts so like i say get used to it.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep doing this - it wasn't squarely aimed at you, but to any of those asking for him to be gone.

Funny though, that you call our manager a "joker". You obviously don't want him sacked though, sure.

No I dont, mainly because it will mean yet another year or two of rebuilding, more years than we can afford as a club.

That doesnt mean I like the fact he came in at the cost of a man and manager who took us further than he has, if you compare this season to last.

It also doesnt mean I like the tikkytacky load of bollocks he is trying to implement in a squad that isnt good enough to play that style.

It also doesnt mean I want Kenny or for that matter RAFA back, what it means is, I hate us losing, but more so, losing to a team so far below us, that it beggars belief that we lost so badly, when we could and should have wiped the floor with them.

It also means, we still have a lot of players, being paid beyond their weight, and a fair few more who think they are better than they are.(sterling)

You can blame Rodgers all you like but by doing so you take the heat off the shithouses who he entrusted to wear the shirt today. I'm not defending him, he pretty much set us up with a 2 man midfield which is naive to day the least. As much as I think Carra would have been suited today, I've also bemoaned Coates' lack of games so if be a hypocrite to criticise that selection. I wasnt happy with the subs and think Gerrard should have been on at HT.But regardless of that, the team we had on the field should have beat league 1 cannon fodder like Oldham. He can drill them all he wants, give them the finest team talk known to man, but if they go out there and allow themselves to get bullied like that what can he do? What can he do when Jones spills a pea roll cross with no pressure on whatsoever? For too long too many of them didn't fancy it. Until Stevie came on no one took any kind of responsibility of the match. Too many of them hid, bottled it.

What I will say is we are frighteningly easy to score against. Be it the midfield or defence, te solid spine we once possessed has vanished. We are a soft touch to any side that adopts a physical approach. To win matches against sides like that you have to win the battle first. We nearly come unstuck at Mansfield and we didn't learn from that today. Disgusted and every one of them should be ashamed of themselves.

One of the best defences in the league maybe, but we did not score nearly enough goals to take advantage of that, we finished 8th and now we are 7th. And contrary to last season we have made improvements this transfer window. Obviously it remains to be seen where we end up, but better than 8th or 7th seems reasonable.

Defence is the easiest to sort out, it is just getting organized. For now, we are not.

Better than 4th is reasonable.

No I dont, mainly because it will mean yet another year or two of rebuilding, more years than we can afford as a club.

That doesnt mean I like the fact he came in at the cost of a man and manager who took us further than he has, if you compare this season to last.

It also doesnt mean I like the tikkytacky load of bollocks he is trying to implement in a squad that isnt good enough to play that style.

It also doesnt mean I want Kenny or for that matter RAFA back, what it means is, I hate us losing, but more so, losing to a team so far below us, that it beggars belief that we lost so badly, when we could and should have wiped the floor with them.

It also means, we still have a lot of players, being paid beyond their weight, and a fair few more who think they are better than they are.(sterling)

You make some points I agree with but then its all ruined by hysterical bullshit. How do you know how good Sterling thinks he is? What the fuck does that even mean? For fucks sake.

How had Kenny taken us further than Brendan has? How can I compare last season to this season WHEN THE SEASON ISNT EVEN FUCKING OVER.

Robinson was terrible today, and he'll know that, even if the manager doesn't tell him. His worst performance in the first team by miles. Coates looks like he was playing with one on, Jones was rotten, Sterling shouldn't be in the team either at present. Shelvey is normally good in games against lower league opposition, and he's desperate for a start. I'd have played him instead of Sterling today. I'm hoping we can ship Coates out in the summer. He's just not going to make it with us.

Do people still thinkthatCoutinho is the missing piece of the jigsaw?

*shakes head*

It's about time we bought a couple of lads with some real physical presence, and a couple of centre backs who can win battles.

That said, I thought Widsom and Robinson were as much to blame, they offered no protection and no offensive menace. Robinson has regressed massively, he's not a premiership standard player.

Lee Croft won midfield battles today, Lee fucking Croft, the fat cunt.

I don't blame Rodgers today. He's given some of these lads, with big contracts and top level experience, a chance to show him what they can do and earn their place in the side. And it's painfully obvious that Coates and Robinson have no future at a top club, and maybe Wisdom. Age is not an excuse for a Liverpool player. If you're not capable of beating your opposite number against Oldham then you have no business at a top club.

Filthy from Oldham, but we've got to harden up and overcome filthy teams who get the rub from the ref, because it happens a lot in this country against the bigger teams.

I hope a few home truths come out on the team bus. It's appalling that someone like Suarez has to endure days like today when his teammates just abandon him. We conceded three to Oldham, that's not clever, and I hope this initiates a second wave of sales and buys.

But please Brendan, forget this Coutinho lad. Can you imagine the 5'8" waif on the field today? He'd have been physically and mentally destroyed.

Coates and Suarez were too busy playing cards on the bus to worry about home truths.

You can blame Rodgers all you like but by doing so you take the heat off the shithouses who he entrusted to wear the shirt today. I'm not defending him, he pretty much set us up with a 2 man midfield which is naive to day the least. As much as I think Carra would have been suited today, I've also bemoaned Coates' lack of games so if be a hypocrite to criticise that selection. I wasnt happy with the subs and think Gerrard should have been on at HT.But regardless of that, the team we had on the field should have beat league 1 cannon fodder like Oldham. He can drill them all he wants, give them the finest team talk known to man, but if they go out there and allow themselves to get bullied like that what can he do? What can he do when Jones spills a pea roll cross with no pressure on whatsoever? For too long too many of them didn't fancy it. Until Stevie came on no one took any kind of responsibility of the match. Too many of them hid, bottled it.

What I will say is we are frighteningly easy to score against. Be it the midfield or defence, te solid spine we once possessed has vanished. We are a soft touch to any side that adopts a physical approach. To win matches against sides like that you have to win the battle first. We nearly come unstuck at Mansfield and we didn't learn from that today. Disgusted and every one of them should be ashamed of themselves.

Very good post. I think Rodgers should definately be blamed for a poor team selection and formation. And not least for leaving Sterling on for so long. But still the lack of attitude and character from the majority of the players was shocking, and the main reason we lost the game deservedly.

You make some points I agree with but then its all ruined by hysterical bullshit. How do you know how good Sterling thinks he is? What the fuck does that even mean? For fucks sake.

How had Kenny taken us further than Brendan has? How can I compare last season to this season WHEN THE SEASON ISNT EVEN FUCKING OVER.

Well we wont be in two finals if that helps you compare?

Hysterical? Im not even slightly aroused tbh, as for sterling, he believed enough of his own hype from a few good games, that he and his agents wanted more than he got in his new contract, and to be fair, you cant say he has lived up to his pre contract games so far this season?

From Rodgers' comment "I was bitterly disappointed with the young players", hopefully it summed up the day for him too.

I was bitterly dissapointed with him. I am not saying sack him but he just is not learning quickly enough to pick the best team to do the job. Some of his selections were woeful today .In a diiffcult away game in bad weather against a band of cloggers we needed to pick our most combative players to deal with them not the likes of Allen , Sterling , Borini and Coates. Stevie and Carra should have been running the show from the start. Shelvey should have started and bringing on Downing ,a player that is invisble when our backs are to the wall ,was inexplicable. You can argue Jones was hopeless for the second, Robinson for the third but for me the blame lis sqaurely on the shoulders of Rodgers who had he been more savvy we would be looking ahead to knocking out the Bitters in the next round.

I guess we will not win the FA Cup, or the League Cup. Or the League. We may win the UEFA cup still, and finish in the top 4. Well, theoretically there is a chance, anyway. IT ISN"T FUCKING OVER (oh well...).

Anyway, I'm just a bit down now, having had my team lose at Oldham. It sucks.

Guest davelfc

What the fuck was Rodgers supposed to do with two huge away games in the league coming up and Ayre suggesting that cups are not the priority?

Any team we put out should have been able to see off Oldham, they simply wanted it more than we did and bullied us. Some players obviously didn't enjoy that and failed to step up.

Cup upsets happen and while I'm not happy I'm certainly not going to use this is a stick to beat the manager with.

How tiresome is hearing in the week before cup games how we want to do well,go far as possible and will be putting out a strong team. Then end up putting out a mishmash and having to chase games.

Why can't we put out a full team, get the goals then sub the so called superstars who need a rest?

What the fuck was Rodgers supposed to do with two huge away games in the league coming up and Ayre suggesting that cups are not the priority?

Any team we put out should have been able to see off Oldham, they simply wanted it more than we did and bullied us. Some players obviously didn't enjoy that and failed to step up.

Cup upsets happen and while I'm not happy I'm certainly not going to use this is a stick to beat the manager with.

...is a very good point.

I look forward to 6 points from Arsenal and City then, whatever happened to the next game being the most important.

But seeing as we have not beaten a team in the top half of the league yet, im not holding my breath.

You can't beat agendas with logic, unfortunately, so you're wasting your breath.

Great to see the above common sense.

A basic LFC premise is that before you play, you have to earn the right to play, and too many players today did not do that. Howvere it did expose the character of several of the side. I suspect that brendan was a surprised as us at some of those who failed to impose themselves.

Guest davelfc
I look forward to 6 points from Arsenal and City then, whatever happened to the next game being the most important.

But seeing as we have not beaten a team in the top half of the league yet, im not holding my breath.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

The players let us down today, not the manager. You don't believe that crap about only concentrating on one game at a time do you, because Rodgers basically put that one bed the other month.

We have a small squad, a thin squad and two big games that we need to have the best chance of grabbing something from. Points are NEVER guaranteed in the league but you try to give yourselves every advantage.

We have a striker now, one that before today seems to know where the goal is so I would hope that we would also start to see some better results against the sides in the top part of the league. I won't be cutting my wrists just yet.

You can't beat agendas with logic, unfortunately, so you're wasting your breath.

Accepting that loss today is not logical regardless of what games lay ahead.

Agendas? nothing of the sort, it boils down to not being happy with the loss to a side further below us than one that should give us a game worthy of a defeat like this.

Agendas? like agreeing with the big boys to suit your own position? regardless of the reality of todays game result?

Debate gladly, but bullshit sucking up for the sake of personal standing? now thats illogical.

If I were to be pedantic, I would suggest wearing some Lunettes, but that may be beyond your logic FEG :)

Best post in the thread Dave. Agree with it totally.

Guest davelfc
Accepting that loss today is not logical regardless of what games lay ahead.

Not saying I accept the loss.

I think I pointed out that the team selected should have beaten Oldham, that I was not blaming the manager and that he was in a sort of no win scenario with two big games coming up.

I'll judge this game on the next two results.