You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't think England are that good, I don't think Wales are either - the rankings prove that! There was an OTT reaction after the New Zealand result, when actually England lost the other two Autumn games.

It looked one sided with the result, but the ref ensured it was one sided with his decisions at the scrum. Constant penalties against England which were just unjust.

Scrums should be scrapped, they are impossible to judge. Even on the slow replay you couldn't tell who was at fault.

That ref swung the match in Wales favour and it is not right.

I have always hated that ref, he's a cunt.

Yes I Agree the scrums are becoming a bit of a lottery cant see them being scrapped though.Sounds like the ref is your Howard Webb of the rugby world.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might sound weird coming from an England fan, but I don't care that England lost. This team aren't really good enough to win the Grand Slam, none of the teams were.

I am just pissed off with the ref.

Have yet to watch the second two games after the absurd nonsense against Italy but have them sky plussed. Reading through the last two pages it seems like it was a cracker by Wales. Two things need to be said:

1. League is fucking shit, fuck back off to Hull you dirty bastards.

2. The scrum is my favourite part of playing and is a key part of the game. it is the single best way to dominate and mindfuck your opposition in an all out test of technique and strength. It needs proper referees who know the tight 5 positions and therefore tell what's going on rather than blowing against whoever goes down/up first. Consistently the refereeing of binding has been atrocious.

EDIT: just watching the England game now, that Tipuric is a great natural 7.

For me it's:

6 SOB

yes Ireland are a mess but he has been shining through the shit around him.will

most likely be Lions primary ball carrier

7 Tipuric

proper 7, unlike every other contender.

8 Heaslip/faletau

JH is being asked to play like a 6/7 for Ireland due to our lack of Ferris

he hasn't been looking good this series trucking up as a one out runner.

but in a balanced back row is the one for me. TF is a capable player

though and defends v well.

I'd have Robshaw at 6, Tipuric at 7, not sure about number 8.

Robshaw has been one of the best players in the Six Nations. I don't think he is dynamic enough at the break down to play 7 for the Lions. But he is a leader (I'd have him captain), he catches everything, he works hard, and does a lot of tackling. He is solid.

Shame Croft isn't at his best yet (he still has time), as he would be in the back three if on top form.

Robshaw is average.

If Croft was at his best I'd have him at 6.

But I think it might be too early for him after his neck injury.

Robshaw is underrated.

He is by me.

Don't rate him at all.

I can see why, as he isn't a world beater or dynamic.

But I saw someone compare him to Richard Hill on here and I thought it was a good comparison. He isn't as good as Hill, but he is that type of player, someone who makes little mistakes, gives his all and gives a 7 or 8 out of 10 performance week in, week out.

He's not flashy, but effective.

I can see why, as he isn't a world beater or dynamic.

But I saw someone compare him to Richard Hill on here and I thought it was a good comparison. He isn't as good as Hill, but he is that type of player, someone who makes little mistakes, gives his all and gives a 7 or 8 out of 10 performance week in, week out.

He's not flashy, but effective.

I thought it was a disgrace to compare him to Hill. Hill was one of the best in the world.

Robshaw only got the captaincy due to injury and it's only due to the captaincy there hasn't been more talk of him being dropped.

I thought it was a disgrace to compare him to Hill. Hill was one of the best in the world.

Robshaw only got the captaincy due to injury and it's only due to the captaincy there hasn't been more talk of him being dropped.

Comparing the styles of play, not saying he is as good as Hill.

There hasn't been talk of him getting dropped as he has been playing really well since he got in the team.

Robshaw is ok but there are better back rowers out there who aren't getting a sniff. I do think you need a hard worker there but Warburton and Tipuric showed the importance of having dynamic destroyers at the breakdown.

And LFD, mate. That was far from an even game. The ref only had an influence over the scrums and the welsh absolutely destroyed us in that aspect. Complete physical domination. They have a very good pack.

I'll be honest, I'd struggle to pick many from that England team to get into the lions xv. Looked totally out of their depth, most of them.

And LFD, mate. That was far from an even game. The ref only had an influence over the scrums

The first half was. The second half Wales were the better side.

But the ref absolutely fucked England. There was loads of scrums in the match and England got penalised almost every time. They had no chance.

I think Wales would have won anyway, I said that before the match. But by that margin? No chance!

Wales were better the first half as well LFD what are you going on about? England didn't pose any threat whatsoever, they just sat back and allowed Wales to attack. Had it not been for Englands well organised defence we'd have won by more.

I can't remember any real bad calls being made by the ref, I'm sure there were one or two but you're being very bitter if you think he robbed you from anything.

Wales were better the first half as well LFD what are you going on about? England didn't pose any threat whatsoever, they just sat back and allowed Wales to attack. Had it not been for Englands well organised defence we'd have won by more.

I can't remember any real bad calls being made by the ref, I'm sure there were one or two but you're being very bitter if you think he robbed you from anything.

Wales were better the whole game.

The scrum now is a joke, the refs don't even know what they're doing.

loved it yesterday. not a rugby fan, nor am i welsh but seeing the faces on all the bandwagon jumpers in the boozer yesterday was priceless. girls looking like they are about to cry. couldn't explain what a fucking knock on is.