You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfers 2013

Gym Beglin

Rodgers is looking a mug because Everton have signed someone with a decent record in a shit league whilst we've signed Sturridge and hopefully Countinho? nice logic there

Wake me up when Coutinho knocks a player off the ball, or has the ball at his feet for more than 2 seconds before ending up on the deck.

It's amazingly myopic this belief that we'll just stroll through the opposition and never have to compete with them physically.

We're going to get battered by City, and maybe even Arsenal. When it comes to the crunch, we're filled with soft gay fudge. I've never been so embarrassed of a Liverpool side, we're gutless, any team can take 3 points off us if they want it more.

Now it's not ALL Rodgers' fault, he inherited some gutless wankers and there has been utter stagnation among the kids at the club over the past 3 years, but there are things he has had control of and fucked up. Sterling's contract for one, we should have called his bluff and let him do what he wanted. Turning down the £22m on offer from City for Skrtel, come on, he's not worth half that. The Sahin debacle. The insistence that Allen can play DM. The rigidity of the 433 idea in this division. Overlooking Carragher for a cup tie at a shithouse club like Oldham. The inability to develop Shelvey, a strapping cunt of a lad who loves a tackle, into a central midfielder. Saying he's re-inventing the wheel but in reality is just hugely reliant on superman shows from Suarez and Gerrard. The list is growing by the week it seems now.

We need physical presence in the team, and people complain about the January window being a bad time to buy players...what? Diame is available for £3.5m, MVilla was begging for a club, Fer is about to sign for the Ev for £8m, Paulinho is open to a move, Moussa Sissoko joined Newcastle, there have been terrific solutions available to our lack of physical presence this month and the myopic cunt has ignored them all and we're now on the brink of signing another waif-like player who will just add to the menagerie of fannies that Gerrard will have to try and marshall through a game.

Fuck me Brendan, if you want to adhere to the Barcelona philosophy then at least fucking note that Yaye Toure and Seydou Keita were huge helps to them in their infancy, and even now Busquets is two inches taller than any of our midfielders.

If you ignore it Brendan, then you will fail here, and look like a twat who lost touch with reality. You cant keep ignoring this, I wont fucking let you.

Guest San Don

One for our owners to consider if this turns out to be true Bayern mega spend.

Cant see them buying 20 year olds all the time (although I doubt they'll give him anything like £240m!

Pep Guardiola will be given £240million to revamp his Bayern Munich squad next season and his

No 1 target is Liverpool forward Luis Suarez.

The former Barcelona boss will resume management with the German giants after his year’s sabbatical, having refused multiple approaches from owner Roman Abramovich to join European champions Chelsea.

French newspaper L’Equipe reports his two top targets are Suarez, one of the standout performers of the Premier League season so far, and Atletico Madrid’s supersta striker Radamel Falcao.

Suarez is contracted to Anfield until 2018 and would reportedly cost approximately £40m. Falcao would cost closer to £50m.

We need physical presence in the team, and people complain about the January window being a bad time to buy players...what? Diame is available for £3.5m, MVilla was begging for a club, Fer is about to sign for the Ev for £8m, Paulinho is open to a move, Moussa Sissoko joined Newcastle, there have been terrific solutions available to our lack of physical presence this month and the myopic cunt has ignored them all and we're now on the brink of signing another waif-like player who will just add to the menagerie of fannies that Gerrard will have to try and marshall through a game.

A rant of some conviction there, but what in the name of all that is holy....?

Suarez is contracted to Anfield until 2018 and would reportedly cost approximately £40m. Falcao would cost closer to £50m.

You know, if it wasn't us, then I would say the above sentence is a pile of shite. But we ARE just the type of club who would sell Suarez for £10m less than Falcao, despite Suarez having 5 more years on his contract left and being the third best player in the world.

Fuck, it'll be more like £30m.

If we sell Suarez for less than £45m, and bear in mind they paid £35m for Javi Martinez...then I hope Ayre comes off his Harley at 80mph and his head comes off.

Can people please start doing their fucking jobs properly?

You know, if it wasn't us, then I would say the above sentence is a pile of shite. But we ARE just the type of club who would sell Suarez for £10m less than Falcao, despite Suarez having 5 more years on his contract left and being the third best player in the world.

Fuck, it'll be more like £30m.

If we sell Suarez for less than £45m, and bear in mind they paid £35m for Javi Martinez...then I hope Ayre comes off his Harley at 80mph and his head comes off.

Can people please start doing their fucking jobs properly?

I shouldn't laugh but that was funny. Have a cookie cookie_answer_1_small.gif.

Wake me up when Coutinho knocks a player off the ball, or has the ball at his feet for more than 2 seconds before ending up on the deck.

It's amazingly myopic this belief that we'll just stroll through the opposition and never have to compete with them physically.

We're going to get battered by City, and maybe even Arsenal. When it comes to the crunch, we're filled with soft gay fudge. I've never been so embarrassed of a Liverpool side, we're gutless, any team can take 3 points off us if they want it more.

Now it's not ALL Rodgers' fault, he inherited some gutless wankers and there has been utter stagnation among the kids at the club over the past 3 years, but there are things he has had control of and fucked up. Sterling's contract for one, we should have called his bluff and let him do what he wanted. Turning down the £22m on offer from City for Skrtel, come on, he's not worth half that. The Sahin debacle. The insistence that Allen can play DM. The rigidity of the 433 idea in this division. Overlooking Carragher for a cup tie at a shithouse club like Oldham. The inability to develop Shelvey, a strapping cunt of a lad who loves a tackle, into a central midfielder. Saying he's re-inventing the wheel but in reality is just hugely reliant on superman shows from Suarez and Gerrard. The list is growing by the week it seems now.

Fuck me Brendan, if you want to adhere to the Barcelona philosophy then at least fucking note that Yaye Toure and Seydou Keita were huge helps to them in their infancy, and even now Busquets is two inches taller than any of our midfielders.

If you ignore it Brendan, then you will fail here, and look like a twat who lost touch with reality. You cant keep ignoring this, I wont fucking let you.

Who has?

I'm sure the guy who has worked his way to the top of one of the most competitive, sought after, professions in the world really cares about your opinion.

Who has?

I'm sure the guy who has worked his way to the top of one of the most competitive, sought after, professions in the world really cares about your opinion.

Well he fucking should because it doesnt take much to get a Rodgers Out ball rolling, fuck, we do it every other season at this club.

Dear god you're a fucking bore. Did someone once politely laugh at one of your jokes or something?

Guest San Don
Bayern are easily the best team in Germany this season, they don't need to spend £240m.

Perhaps their aim is more than that, to be best in Europe?

Dutch star in a trot of bother after splashing out £22k on pet horse to impress girlfriend (who lives in a flat)

By Dave Wood

A player at Steve McClaren's FC Twente was left red-faced after buying his girlfriend a pet horse – only to find out she can't keep it as she lives in a block of flats.

Holland midfielder Leroy Fer, who has caught the eye of Liverpool, Newcastle and Everton, made the extravagant purchase at an auction of former race horses.

The 22-year-old visited the auction with his girlfriend and and splashed out £22,000 on a stallion called Django.

But his noble gesture fell flat when his other half pointed out that she lives in a block of flats and has no way of accommodating or looking after poor Django, reports Metro.

With no suitable stable space available in the area, Fer has been forced to quickly offload the horse, and become a laughing stock among his team-mates.

Maybe next time, Fer should consider a cat or dog instead.

Dutch star Leroy Fer splashes out £22k on pet horse to impress girlfriend (who lives in a flat) | Mail Online

tumblr_luee73xiEs1r5w8wqo1_500.jpg

Never seen or heard of this guy!

But a quick google says

"Fer got various nicknames. In his youth he got nicknamed De Uitsmijter (The Bouncer) by Feyenoord youth coach Jean-Paul van Gastel for his strong physical appearance. Other nicknames are Lerra [4] and Ferovic.[5] Cor Pot, coach of the Netherlands U21, compared Fer with Patrick Vieira. According to Pot both players show many similarities, on and off the field."

On the plus side, this probably means that Sideshow is off.

On the plus side, this probably means that Sideshow is off.

They are also supposedly looking at a Korean lad in Japan - KIm Win Sook (sp) who is 6ft 5ins. If Fellaini doesn't go & they get Fer & him, they will be the only team in the Prem that Stoke have to change their tactics for.

( On a side-matter does anybody hate the lazy way that the English press think the world revolves around us. The story about the guy in Japan says he is called ' The Korean Peter Crouch' & I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shite that he isn't & that less than 5% of Japanese footy fans even register the existence of Crouchy ) Sorry -rant over.

They are also supposedly looking at a Korean lad in Japan - KIm Win Sook (sp) who is 6ft 5ins. If Fellaini doesn't go & they get Fer & him, they will be the only team in the Prem that Stoke have to change their tactics for.

( On a side-matter does anybody hate the lazy way that the English press think the world revolves around us. The story about the guy in Japan says he is called ' The Korean Peter Crouch' & I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shite that he isn't & that less than 5% of Japanese footy fans even register the existence of Crouchy ) Sorry -rant over.

I couldn't help but laugh at this... good stuff.

Who has?

Great post etho, have been thinking the same all season, teams are streaming through our midfield and the Rodgers seems oblivios to the problem,he's still intent on buying lightweight players, a lot of posters on here are pinning their hopes on Lucas getting back to the form he showed before his recent injuries, but what if he doesen't or he gets another bad injury after the transfare window closes , we are going to be up shit creek if all we are left with is that bunch of pussies that showed so much fight at Oldham.

A quick gander at the BBC football page and I see Harry Redknapp is interested in signing Peter Crouch yet again. It's curious how often Redknapp is involved in Crouch's future because to an outsider like me, it looks as though Redknapp only rates Crouch enough to offer a short-term impact rather than be integral to his teams, yet he's prepared to allow his club to fork out big money and long contracts to get his man.

When Redknapp was DoF at Portsmouth back in 2001, he signed Crouch from QPR for £1.5m, and sold him to Aston Villa for £5m around the same time he took over as Portsmouth's manager in 2002. At the time, Redknapp was getting some huge bonuses for transfer deals, from both buying and selling players.

Crouch had already moved on to Southampton before Redknapp arrived there as manager, but Redknapp sold Crouch to Liverpool for £7m in 2005 before resigning as manager just a few months later to head back to Portsmouth.

Redknapp signed Crouch for Portsmouth again in 2008, spending up to £11m on him, before resigning as manager again to join Spurs just a few months later.

As Spurs manager, Redknapp signed Crouch yet again in 2009, for £10m, only to sell him to Stoke in 2011 in a deal worth up to £12m.

So, he's bought the player 3 times at a combined cost of around £22.5m, and sold him 3 times at a combined cost of around £24m. And this is before you factor in transfers for players like Defoe, Kaboul, Pamarot, Kranjcar and co., whom Redknapp has also bought and sold more than once.