You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It does make you wonder exactly why the manager wanted sahin in then either doesnt utilise him in his best position or doesnt play him! The lad says his best position is further up field so why the manager and other think \ say play him as defensive midfield god only knows.

Having said that, he's only on loan so we are only paying his wages albeit big wages. There's no transfer fee involved either.

I think Sahin will end up back at dortmund at the end of the season. He'd be out of his tree signing here the way he's been treated.

And as for Assaidi!?

Makes me smile when people slag off Dalglish's transfer record when compared to the current manager's, it really does.

Borini who's had 5 games, Allen who is out of form but was class earlier in the season, Yesil who's 18, Assaidi who was a cheap punt on a tricky yet lightweight winger and a proven world class player on loan in Sahin.

I was relatively happy with Kenny's signings at the time, for no other reason than the manager was getting backed to get in the players he wanted, but I think all the players we brought in this summer are really good. I have no complaints with the players we signed even though some of them may not have been used properly so far.

Kenny had a lot more money and more time than Rodgers, though. How you can have a go at Rodgers' transfer record after one really difficult summer is a bit beyond me.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does make you wonder exactly why the manager wanted sahin in then either doesnt utilise him in his best position or doesnt play him! The lad says his best position is further up field so why the manager and other think \ say play him as defensive midfield god only knows.

Having said that, he's only on loan so we are only paying his wages albeit big wages. There's no transfer fee involved either.

I think Sahin will end up back at dortmund at the end of the season. He'd be out of his tree signing here the way he's been treated.

And as for Assaidi!?

Makes me smile when people slag off Dalglish's transfer record when compared to the current manager's, it really does.

no. his best position is playing deeper where allen does now. that is what he has said as well. he is struggling to play further up the field. at madrid they had alonso playing that role and here rodgers prefers allen over him.

Ha ha all he gets is credit Hank, Never seen a bad word written about him even when we have had our worst start to a season since the 3pt for a win came in. He's a Genius.

You've never heard a bad word said against him? Rrrright.

Clue is in the Word