You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where is all this Suarez business going to end ? It's an interesting topic at the moment , with the diving accusations and extremely questionable refereeing decisions that go against him . I'm just wondering what is our fans opinions on a solution to the situation ? Do we keep going and putting up wit everything or do we decide to cut our losses and cash in ? I'm thinking our manager might be inclined to go with the latter , just for an easier life . I'd be disappointed if that happened but at the minute referees seem to take pleasure in going against us . Ultimately what is the best realistic outcome for the club ??

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
Where is all this Suarez business going to end ? It's an interesting topic at the moment , with the diving accusations and extremely questionable refereeing decisions that go against him . I'm just wondering what is our fans opinions on a solution to the situation ? Do we keep going and putting up wit everything or do we decide to cut our losses and cash in ? I'm thinking our manager might be inclined to go with the latter , just for an easier life . I'd be disappointed if that happened but at the minute referees seem to take pleasure in going against us . Ultimately what is the best realistic outcome for the club ??

What, you mean conceed to other clubs and sell Suarez? Fuck that. Might as well be subserviant serfs!

No, we continue to back our man, very publically imo and keep on doing it until there's a sea change in decisions for him. Then we continue again.

Things CAN change.

It was starting to change for the better for him earlier this season 'till he did that dive against Stoke and he was back to square one.

Neither Ronaldo nor Drogba changed that much, but the perception of them did, (well, maybe not from us) mainly just due to them being so fucking good.

If he just listens, cos I'm sure he's been told about his antics, and yes I know there is nearly always contact, but there's no need for the theatrics that piss everyone off and turn people against him, and maintains the kind of brilliance he showed today, things should improve for him/us.

Things CAN change.

It was starting to change for the better for him earlier this season 'till he did that dive against Stoke and he was back to square one.

the dive against Stoke was after him being already turned down about 60 blatant pens this season!

I feel sorry for him, and that's a big reason I'd like to see him move on and write a book about it all, and say what he likes away from this country.

He'll be a massive success in Spain or Italy, a fresh start away from this racism nonsense that follows him, and fairly reffed.

He's a boss player, but I think we only see 65% of it because of all the external factors squeezing the life out of him.

One of the best players I've ever seen in this division, and that's the reason Ferguson hates the fact he plays for us and has tried all he can to ruin him.

Ferguson makes me laugh, he honestly thinks hes going to leave a magnificent legacy and legend when he dies. He doesn't get it, he's too fucking stupid, he thinks he can bully his way into the same class as Busby or Shankly or Paisley. If he wants an indication of how he'll be remembered by the people then he needs only look at Clough. Shithouse behaviour, and bullying people, it comes back to bite you when you're not around to keep bullying them to,write nice things about you. There's hundreds of journos with their own stories about his shithouse antics just waiting for a chance to get away with sharing them with us.

Ruling by fear is a very poor, very distant cousin of ruling by excellence and mutual respect.

Because the thing they will remember is the fear and shithouse behaviour, not the odd occassion he actually did something well.

Fuck off Alex.

I feel sorry for him, and that's a big reason I'd like to see him move on and write a book about it all, and say what he likes away from this country.

He'll be a massive success in Spain or Italy, a fresh start away from this racism nonsense that follows him, and fairly reffed.

He's a boss player, but I think we only see 65% of it because of all the external factors squeezing the life out of him.

One of the best players I've ever seen in this division, and that's the reason Ferguson hates the fact he plays for us and has tried all he can to ruin him.

Ferguson makes me laugh, he honestly thinks hes going to leave a magnificent legacy and legend when he dies. He doesn't get it, he's too fucking stupid, he thinks he can bully his way into the same class as Busby or Shankly or Paisley. If he wants an indication of how he'll be remembered by the people then he needs only look at Clough. Shithouse behaviour, and bullying people, it comes back to bite you when you're not around to keep bullying them to,write nice things about you. There's hundreds of journos with their own stories about his shithouse antics just waiting for a chance to get away with sharing them with us.

Ruling by fear is a very poor, very distant cousin of ruling by excellence and mutual respect.

Because the thing they will remember is the fear and shithouse behaviour, not the odd occassion he actually did something well.

Fuck off Alex.

Tremendous. I've just repped your post in the other thread so can't do the same to this, but fully agree with you.

Except the bit about Ferguson making you laugh, he's never made me laugh. Ever. I despise the vile, bitter cunt and anger is the only emotion that reflects my feelings towards him.

Anyone who thinks that offloading Luis would put a stop to all this really needs to think again. Sure, whoever else we have up front probably won't face the same sort of vilification that he has, but I've seen a number of our strikers be systematically blunted on the pitch by both being regularly kicked around by defenders given carte blanche to do whatever the hell they like, while at the same time penalised for the most minor of infractions or simply nothing at all. That will just continue.

I wrote something about this problem a little while back. I'll just have to find it.

Anyone who thinks that offloading Luis would put a stop to all this really needs to think again. Sure, whoever else we have up front probably won't face the same sort of vilification that he has, but I've seen a number of our strikers be systematically blunted on the pitch by both being regularly kicked around by defenders given carte blanche to do whatever the hell they like, while at the same time penalised for the most minor of infractions or simply nothing at all. That will just continue.

I wrote something about this problem a little while back. I'll just have to find it.

its Suarez not the club they have it in for imo, the FA are corrupt to fuck but only in regards to helping the Scum bastards, naturally as their rivals we have been on the receiving end of this cheating quite a lot, now Ferguson has decided he doesn't want Suarez here the FA are doing their best to force him out

Well said . Fuck maggie thatcher....we r gonna have a party , when Alex ferguson dies.

Has a nice ring to it

Back to luiz I think he thrives on controversy and the more abuse he gets the harder he tries , it would be nice to hear more from the club coming out and backing him.

Luis played well today, the offside decision absurd.

The solution is for Luis to score regularly, and that is starting to happen. Diving is a numbers game, you need to get more decisions going for you than go against you.

The heat will also dissipate when we have another goalscorer to carry some of the scoring weight.

...I wrote something about this problem a little while back. I'll just have to find it.

its Suarez not the club they have it in for imo, the FA are corrupt to fuck but only in regards to helping the Scum bastards, naturally as their rivals we have been on the receiving end of this cheating quite a lot, now Ferguson has decided he doesn't want Suarez here the FA are doing their best to force him out

Here's the piece I was referring to, and it was in reply to a comment from xerxes where he said:

Luis will get more deciions by shutting up and getting into goalscoring positions.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/3343994-post24.html

It's when he's in those very same goalscoring positions that he's having decisions go against him. Referees don't seem to mind giving him free kicks when he's 40 yards from goal. It's when he is in and around the penalty area that they more often than not assumed he's exaggerating. His finishing is erratic and he should have at least twice as many goals as he's got for us, of that there is no question. But there is something else at play here, and it doesn't just involve the Suarez situation.

There is a trend with how our forwards have fared compared to the opposition forwards over the past 6-7 years. I wouldn't suggest anything sinister or calculated is definitely underfoot, but consider the following.

How often did you see Crouch get penalised for raising his arms when challenging for an aerial ball, despite his marker also raising his arms when jumping? That Crouch was taller seemed to work against him. Since leaving Liverpool, I've seen him play for Portsmouth, Spurs and Stoke without being penalised nearly as much yet he plays in exactly the same way. How do you think Crouch should have challenged for the ball?

How often did you see Torres get kicked to ribbons by defenders without getting a free kick? Then, when he so much as spoke about it to the referee, he ended up getting booked for dissent. It took the intensity out of his game and made the job of the defenders that much easier knowing they could get away with murder. What do you think would have been different if he'd kept his mouth shut?

How often did you see Carroll get penalised in a similar manner to Crouch? Usually 50/50 challenges saw his opponent given the benefit of the doubt. At Newcastle, he could play exactly the same way and got away with more, and when he played for West Ham last month, he was aggressive yet got away with much more than he ever did in a Liverpool shirt. What do you think Carroll should have done differently given his obvious strengths?

How often have you seen an opposition striker - when playing against us - climb all over his marker, shove, pull, back into, look for the slightest contact and incorporate all those irritating aspects of his game in his performance yet still get the benefit of the doubt from referees time and time again? I've seen some utterly fucking shit strikers have a field day against us not because they are good or because they played well, but because they were given the benefit of the doubt in pretty much every significant 50/50 situation and it meant we had to back off, against our better judgement. How do you think we as a team should handle that scenario?

It's generally not the direct decisions I have a big issue with. Everyone will get up in arms about non-penalties and dodgy red cards and so on. That is and can be highly subjective. However, we have had 4 different managers over the time period I mentioned earlier, and each has faced what appears to be a systematic blunting of the team's competitive edge by the nature of how decisions have been made by referees during matches. It's not about players not winning their individual battles (although that has been the case on more than a few occasions), but about players seemingly not being allowed to engage in battle.

Think about this. In midweek, if Sebastian Coates had challenged Ben Foster in the exact same way that Jonas Olsson challenged Brad Jones, and it had resulted in one of our players finding the back of the net from the subsequent loose ball, I can be almost certain that the goal would have been disallowed and the foul given.

That is not me speaking with red-tinted glasses, but simple observation of what's been going on over the past 6-7 years. I've been posting on this forum for over 3 years now and have commented on many matches with a significant level of detail, so I know where I'm coming from when I make certain claims.

Suarez knows he is loved by the manager and fans. That will help him to stick it out. I do agree that he won't stay too many years without CL football, but that's a different issue. If and when we sign another goalscorer some of the heat will be off him, as there will be another target to worry about. I also feel Suarez will be playing for us in the Premier League after Ferguson is retired.

There are plenty of outsiders who see Suarez as a fine player, and just wish he'd stop some of the drama.

The media though, they pick a target and they go for it. It'll die down only when someone else becomes an easier target, and they'll still return to Suarez when they're short of material.

Opposition fans, if they are honest, jump on the bandwaggon because that's what opposition fans do.... anything to wind up your rivals. Harry likes a bung, Suarez is a racist / cheat, United fans live in London, etc etc.

Most fans would love Suarez in their team.

What shocks me most, and it's not just about Suarez, it's that fans read the media each and every day regarding their clubs, and they realise so much of it is utter bullshit... and yet, YET... they'll be happy to believe everything else about another player / manager / club.

Suarez is mouthy, but that's true of many players... Bellamy was/is the same, Savage likewise. Balotelli's another. He's no worse.

He goes over easily sometimes. So do countless others.

The fact is, the media want a pantomime villain, and they've chosen Suarez to play the role.

They've decided LFC offer the best bet of 'big club in a mess' stories, and will keep writing stories for as long as Liverpool are midtable, and there's no other large club in a deeper mess.

City are arguably their next best bet for a story, followed by AVB at Spurs and Wenger at Arsenal.

It's not fair, but it's the way it is

Referees will take pleasure with whoever we sign next, because they are corrupt and paid money by the English calciopolis ring.

So you're hypothesis, that if Suarez leaves are troubles will be over is wrong.

Our troubles will be over when the corruption network is exposed.

it'll all end when he leaves the country, he is a more determined man than me, I'd have fucked off last summer after the treatment he got due to Evra's lies if I was him

Couldn't agree more. When you consider how the verdict was reached, how the club's hierarchy abandoned him and how every defender has a free pass to try to injure him, it is staggering that he decided to stay here. People have breaking points, though, and I imagine officials disallowing his goals because he was evil enough to score them might be his.

Suarez is as mentally tough as they come. After the absolute torrent of shite this man has received nobody would blame him for looking at pastures new. The thing is, Suarez really doesn't give a fuck, it affects us lot and his team-mates more than it does him. He goes home to his family and forgets about the appalling abuse he receives and then lines up for it the following Saturday.

We're lucky to have him.